15 straight games without a goal for Max Domi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
When you watched his scoring at the start of season you had a pretty good idea he wasn't going to be able to keep it up.
Nor is this the true level of his production either.

Reactions: Jacob

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
I'm sure there are some real funny predictions from earlier threads about Domi.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
When you watched his scoring at the start of season you had a pretty good idea he wasn't going to be able to keep it up.
Nor is this the true level of his production either.

Yup, he had two underwhelming goals against the Sabres. I think he can get to that level though, just not there yet.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
There are a lot of young players who just had the best offensive half-season stretch of their career.

EDIT: To clarify, I don’t mean the best half-season stretch of their careers so far. I mean the best half-season stretch of their careers ever. So many young players will never match the point totals that they put up in this season’s first half.

And yes, I do believe Max Domi is one of those players.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Coming down to earth, but the guy still has skill, and is a little guy who is built like a fire hydrant. Still a good trade for MTL.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
As others have said, it was a statistical correction that was bound to happen, but he's still a good player and it will likely continue to be a good trade for the Habs. His shooting percentage is still a little high for him, but his on-ice shooting percentage has leveled out a bit. I see no reason he can't be a 55-65 point player going forward.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
It was always bound to happen, him slowing down. He just isnt the talent his point totals would otherwise indicate. Imo hes a 65 point player. Nothing more nothing less.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
He was never a goal scorer more of a playmaker so the early goal scoring was an anomaly. He's still producing assists at a decent rate, obviously not the PPG pace he was operating at. I don't think any true MTL fan thought he was a #1C but he's a solid #2C who can also play wing if needed. 55-65pt player on your 2nd line is not a bad thing especially at $3.2m a season..

Reactions: Koivu11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad