GDT: #15 // Oilers @ Lightning // Nov 6 @ 5:30 PM MST // TV: SN-West

What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think about Florida?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think about Florida?

Feeding Lucic and Strome to the gators.
Also, Oilers should win this game. I bet against them and I always lose my bets!
I could see Lucic wrestling a gator and coming out on top.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Without an actual indication, on this board is very hard to tell. There plenty that I'm sure legitimately feel that way.
I don't think people actually want oilers to lose they just want something done to win a lot. Oiler fans have been suffering so long I think many are a bit brain numb (myself included) so what comes out of them is desperation.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Also, judging by the poll options, Canadians have a much higher opinion of Florida than Americans...

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I hope Koskinen starts. And Jp, just do something. Score a goal, maybe an assist, I don't care. Just have a good game.

If he wasn’t playing with the two most inept goal scorers on the team I guarantee you he would have had a couple of assists in the last three games. He can’t draw blood from a stone. He needs to be more assertive and try to do more to score himself like he was in preseason. That confidence he had has been completely destroyed. In my opinion the moment it happened is when Rattie got hurt and we needed someone to be promoted to 1RW, Jesse didn’t get the tap, instead he got demoted to the 4th line and pretty much benched for the remainder of the game and then was quickly a healthy scratch after that. He’s playing like he’s afraid to get scratched, he needs to play like he believes in himself rather than being a coach programmed robot.

Reactions: H2Froster

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If he wasn’t playing with the two most inept goal scorers on the team I guarantee you he would have had a couple of assists in the last three games. He can’t draw blood from a stone. He needs to be more assertive and try to do more to score himself like he was in preseason. That confidence he had has been completely destroyed. In my opinion the moment it happened is when Rattie got hurt and we needed someone to be promoted to 1RW, Jesse didn’t get the tap, instead he got demoted to the 4th line and pretty much benched for the remainder of the game and then was quickly a healthy scratch after that. He’s playing like he’s afraid to get scratched, he needs to play like he believes in himself rather than being a coach programmed robot.
He needs to put an effort in more often like last night. If he does that he will often see more and more ice time

Reactions: H2Froster

H2OFroster

Casual ice hockey follower
Nov 29, 2017
Finland
I've never questioned his abilities, but yes, those were my thoughts as well.

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
So Rattie, Yamamoto, Puljujarvi - who's in and who's out?

Anything confirmed? I'm seeing different line-ups here.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond

You know, I'll just bet on some alternate dimension Earth out there somewhere in the multiverse, Earth-52 or whatever world that the evil versions of the Justice League live on...I'll bet one of them have a Ryan Strome version that's a perennial PPG player who's a complete pain in the ass to play against. Probably got curly hair like Eichel or something.

If only we could pull some 'Fringe'-level swap to get that guy over here. That would be cool.

Reactions: Burnoutboi

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada

Sounds like Rattie and Yama are in:

MORNING SKATE REPORT: Oilers at Lightning

McLellan wants to inject his lineup with fresh legs on Tuesday. Ty Rattie, Kailer Yamamoto and Kevin Gravel are with the team but haven't played in some time. That could change versus the Bolts.
"We'll likely see all three," the bench boss said. "We have a couple players that are banged up and question marks due to health and then we'll have to make another decision on a body to get them in but we'd like to play as many fresh bodies as we can tonight."
McLellan confirmed Mikko Koskinen will man the twine. He's 3-0-0 in '18-19 with a 2.01 goals-against average and .935 save percentage.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

I am hoping that Rattie and Yamamoto go in and Brodizak, Khaira, Kassian or Lucic go out.

I imagine that it will be JP and Khaira that come out.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

I’m guessing with Rattie being back in we are going to see a pretty aggressive blender from McLellan. Which is unfortunate for Caggulia and Chia’s son. Or, we could simply see Puljujarvi either demoted to the 4th line and/or benched and Rattie put on 3RW to see it he can maybe bank a puck off of Lucic and into the net.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Gotta go with chad in the poles. Can't argue with it.

eUMhDEF.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad