GDT: #15 // Oilers @ Lightning // Nov 6 @ 5:30 PM MST // TV: SN-West

What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think about Florida?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
If PULJ is out makes total sense why scratch the worst players on a line like Lucic/Strome when you got an easy target all set up.

Strome is actually playing decent. Lucic is just so bad right now. Any line he is on might as well be short handed. I always cringe when I see him try to stick handle thru multiple players.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I understand different opinions about who should be sitting, but it's very hard to imagine McLellan would actually bench Lucic or Strome and let Pulju play. If it really went like that I would certainly take that as a positive sign as it would mean McLellan is actually not going for the option that's by far the easiest for him.

Or even better yet the assistants have some pull and are saying what needs to be done instead of saying what Todd wants to hear

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I never thought I would say it, but i feel for Drake going to the 4th line. The guy has been buzzing this season. He didn't look out of place.

I was pretty harsh on Drake as well. The guy has played his bag off and has earned his rewards. I don't see it as a demotion though, I look at it as a tryout for Rattie to see if he can produce again with McNuge.

Reactions: Aerrol and nabob

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Rattle should be starting on 3rd line after missing so many games to see how his conditioning and foot speed are In game .

But Todd is going to Todd

Reactions: McCupofOil

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I think it's fair to have Rattie back on the top line. He earned that spot in the preseason and should be given another few games on it. But he needs to make an impact right away, I don't think he can afford to go three games without a point before they put someone else up there.

I'm not concerned about Cagguila, he's been playing well all over the lineup, I think he'll help out that Brodziak line a bit.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Rattle should be starting on 3rd line after missing so many games to see how his conditioning and foot speed are In game .

Or maybe that's why he was sitting out to make sure he was in complete he shape?

It's not like the lines are set in stone. If Rattie all of a sudden doesn't look ready, easy enough to throw Caggiula back up there instead.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Lucic on the 4th makes sense... And I think he's actually be good there. He won't need to score and just hit.

Yama, Strome, Puljujaarvi would be really interesting.

Does Tmac see something in Lucic that we don't? What am I missing?

He sees the cap hit which is so large he knows he HAS to get value out of the player or be at a significant disadvantage given the resources he has. Maybe even has orders from Chiarelli to play him, though I doubt that's been a explicitly said.

Reactions: nabob

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Never seen an Oilers game, but this one I'd like to see.

It's a high pressure game and if Koskinen is as talented as several here think, he will prove it in this game.

Reactions: nabob

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I wish this game was later in the week or next week. Worst timing for me... guess I'll just watch it on GameCenter (if not blacked out).

Go Koskinen!

onetweasy

Oct 16, 2005
Lucic on the 4th makes sense... And I think he's actually be good there. He won't need to score and just hit.

Yama, Strome, Puljujaarvi would be really interesting.

Does Tmac see something in Lucic that we don't? What am I missing?

He sees that we are paying him $6M a year for another 4 years after this season.....if Lucic was from Russia and didn't have that contract he would be out of the league.

Reactions: McBeastMode

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
The whole team needs to bring more tonight. No one was very good yesterday. I'd like to get Rattie back in but I don't see where he fits in right now. Caggiula was one of the better players in Washington so he deserves to stay on the top line. I wouldn't touch line 2 and I still feel like line 3 is improving and should get one more chance together. Only line I would make changes to is #4 and I wouldn't play Rattie there either (or maybe put him there to get back accustomed to NHL speed since he's been off for so long). Kosk should start, but that's a given at this point you would think.

Caps were the more desperate team yesterday and although I didn't feel like they played that well, they still took the 2pts. Oilers need to be the more desperate team tonight and I expect a lot more jam in their game than they showed yesterday. Hoping the refs also don't f up the obv interference calls too.

I expect at least 1pt tonight.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

617ISjB0EwL._SL1290_.jpg

H2OFroster

Casual ice hockey follower
Nov 29, 2017
Finland
I hope Koskinen starts. And Jp, just do something. Score a goal, maybe an assist, I don't care. Just have a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad