GDT: #15 // Oilers @ Lightning // Nov 6 @ 5:30 PM MST // TV: SN-West

What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think about Florida?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Khaira and Jesse should not be sitting IMO.

I understand different opinions about who should be sitting, but it's very hard to imagine McLellan would actually bench Lucic or Strome and let Pulju play. If it really went like that I would certainly take that as a positive sign as it would mean McLellan is actually not going for the option that's by far the easiest for him.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I understand different opinions about who should be sitting, but it's very hard to imagine McLellan would actually bench Lucic or Strome and let Pulju play. If it really went like that I would certainly take that as a positive sign as it would mean McLellan is actually not going for the option that's by far the easiest for him.
It's not really, Lucic just came off the top unit PP, neither has produced anything. I could honestly see one (or maybe both) ending up in the press box for a game or 2

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Just seen line-up, interesting I must say
Thinking about it a little more, it's entirely possible that BOTH Lucic and Strome come out, and a couple other 3rd lines could be

Yamamoto - Caggiula - Puljujarvi or Yamamoto - Khaira - Puljujarvi (with Caggiula on 4th line LW)

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
lineup.PNG

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Thinking about it a little more, it's entirely possible that BOTH Lucic and Strome come out, and a couple other 3rd lines could be

Yamamoto - Caggiula - Puljujarvi or Yamamoto - Khaira - Puljujarvi (with Caggiula on 4th line LW)
I just read an early line-up. Posted at bottom. Knowing Todd, it could change

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
Lucic on the 4th makes sense... And I think he's actually be good there. He won't need to score and just hit.

Yama, Strome, Puljujaarvi would be really interesting.

Does Tmac see something in Lucic that we don't? What am I missing?

Reactions: GameChanger

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Lucic on the 4th makes sense... And I think he's actually be good there. He won't need to score and just hit.

Yama, Strome, Puljujaarvi would be really interesting.

Does Tmac see something in Lucic that we don't? What am I missing?

Hard work, veteran presence, good in the room, lots of character blah blah blah .

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016

If Matheson is correct I would like to say what did I say :) McLellan is so predictable and he just doesn't seem to be brave enough to bench players like Lucic or Strome.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I think fourth line for Lucic makes sense. I don’t know if its even a demotion because the third and fourth line plays about the same. It just helps because it gets him off skill lines since he doesn’t seem to help skill lines out. I think Strome would have more success without Lucic. I think Strome has to play with some quicker wingers.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Sit Lucic and run Cagguila-Strome-Pulju I bet that line starts popping off.
Uh, what makes you think that line ‘pops off’? Only guy on that line with any pop to his game is Caggiula, and I doubt he is able to sustain. Lucic isn’t getting sat anyway so it’s an extremely hypothetical scenario.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If Matheson is correct I would like to say what did I say :) McLellan is so predictable and he just doesn't seem to be brave enough to bench players like Lucic or Strome.
I mean coaches tend to differ to veterans, I don't agree with it either, but there's that reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad