GDT: #15 // Oilers @ Lightning // Nov 6 @ 5:30 PM MST // TV: SN-West

What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think about Florida?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
GDT TUNES

-

Game #15
Oilers @ Lightning
Nov 6 @ 5:30 PM MST
TV: SNET-W

Oilers Lines:

TBA

Lightning Lines:

TBA

-

Please vote in the poll!

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Let's take a deep breath, reset and get back on the same page for this one. :)

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Hoping for

RNH - McDavid - Rattie
Rieder - Draisaitl - Chiasson
Lucic - Strome - Caggiula
Khaira - Brodziak - Kassian

Pulju and Yama to the AHL.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
tenor.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
lol that escalated quickly.

Last edited:

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Rattie should be in the lineup. I personally don't think he's a first line player despite his preseason success, but what other team sidelines a healthy first liner for multiple games? Personel decisions have been puzzling all season.

RW is still a big question mark. Preseason play never held much weight to me. Chiasson has been great obviously but it won't last. Yamomato hasn't produced at all despite being a fixture in the top 6, our treatment of Puljujarvi is laughable, Caggiula has worked but it's like Chiasson overperforming, and Rattie is still unproven and a 2RW at best imo. When Chiasson/Caggiula fall back to earth we're going to have a big hole in one of the top two RW spots.

How has Strome played all 14 games? Bench this kid please, oh wait he's been in the league for 6 years. An offensive blackhole, butter soft, and has taken a few absolutely boneheaded penalties too. Don't get why he's given a long leash when we've seen Brodziak, Puljujarvi, even Rattie as healthy scratches. He does absolutely nothing out there except force passes and give away the puck. Even Lucic has been hustling out there and throwing hits.

I think we're only doing well because of the structure introduced by our assistant coaches. Oh and Connor McDavid. Team depth is going to be a problem imo.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Hoping for

RNH - McDavid - Rattie

I'm cool with it. Tell them they don't need to bother asking when they're being brought up till they're at least leading the team in points.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If you're old enough to get the "hanging chads" reference, that's strike one.

If you're old enough to get the Miami Vice reference, that's strike two.

I've already struck out, so...

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
On to the next one on to the next one.

Yeah I'm ready to throw in Koskinen. We know the Bolts have some offense that's always ready.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
It's probably time to send JP and Yama down but I would give Jesse an opportunity on the top line before that..at least for one game. He's playing harder but I still believe he needs to have a decent shot on a line with offensive players instead of in the 'dead zone.

I'd play Koskinen over Talbot for this game.

Put Rattie back in on the 2nd and rotate up to 1st if JP isn't working.

Maybe Caggiula can spark the 3rd to score a goal?

Even though Khaira had a decent couple of games, he's just not playing that 'safe game we were getting from him. I'd sit him..at least for one anyway.

Chaisson... keep him on the #1 pp (over Lucic) but I'd slide him down to replace Khaira, at least for a game or two.

RNH - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Rieder - Draisaitl - Rattie
Chiasson - Brodziak - Kassian

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Hoping for

RNH - McDavid - Rattie

I think this is the best approach.

With the defence how it is (playing solid, but can't generate/support the offence), I think you're better off having a forward core that a bit more grinding focused, and letting McDavid, Drai, and Nuge be the game breakers.

The Condor's seems able to score, so let Yama and Pulju join that environment and build up their confidence.

This isn't a long term solution, but it buys you a bit of time.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I can feel it coming in the air tonight...

Like incoming.

Not having huge hopes for this game. I was expecting bad things on this road trip. We'll see.

Another day in paradise might have been a better choice DJ;)

But man, the Oilers are going to have to tighten up their coverage and attention. They got real complacent against Caps and at no point in that game were they defensively solid. Talking all players on ice. Every goal was a complete break down and loss of coverage. As bad as the first two were the Oshie goal was probably the worst. If our most responsible Center isn't picking up a prolific goal scorer cloaking in what on Earth.. It looked like Eakins era last night.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Even multiple Stanley Cup winners fire their coaches. hmmm. In the Kings case firing the coach that replaced the fired coach.

The Hawks firing is especially odd. Is it Quennevilles fault guys like Debrincat are half court players that don't give a toss about own zone?
Or that Toews as plummeted to where he is now? Indistinguishable from Dustin Brown?

The hawks were playing better than anybody expected this year. I was fully pencilling them in for an out of the playoffs season.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
This will be Koskinen 3rd game in the last 4 games played.

Just incase any fans are wondering which goalie is playing better at the moment.

To add a little more fuel to the fire, sure the Caps are the defending cup champs but they were a non-playoff team prior to last night's game whereas Tampa is #2 overall in the league (and one pint behind Nashville). Koskinen gets the top two teams in the league in short order.

It makes you wonder where the coaching staff's head is at as they could easily have started Koskinen again last night with the day off between games.

I give the net back to Talbot against the Panthers. If he has a shit game, win or lose, Koskinen becomes the starter in my opinion.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Betting trends doesn't look good for Edmonton
-Home team has won the last 11 of 12 match-ups vs Tampa Bay
-Edmonton has not won in Tampa Bay since Oct 12, 2009. Nine years
-Lightning on a 2 game winning streak, being the #1 team in the Eastern conference and #2 team in the NHL

But the stats I believe will win the game and break the 9 year curse:
-Koskinen is 3-0 with a 0.935 SV%
-Victor Hedman is injured
-Oilers are 5-1 in last 6 road games

If they win, they'll be the first/only team in the NHL to beat the #1 seeds in both conferences in their home arena

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->