Post-Game Talk: #15|New York Islanders @ Buffalo Sabres | February 16th | 7:00 | F/W 3-0

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I know we don't like praise, rather we revel in disrespect. But here is what Kruger said about the Isles before game 2.

"They're a few years into a very consistent program where they have a group that is a hundred percent bought into what they do and they are as automated and as much of a machine in a positive way as any team in the National Hockey League right now," Krueger said.

"I respect the game that they're playing. It's a very high level of execution with minimal errors or mistakes. They give you almost nothing on a consistent basis and play extremely patient."
The Islanders will be bolstered by the addition of forward Anthony Beauvillier, who returns from a nine-game absence caused by a lower-body injury. Beauvillier had a career-high 39 points in 68 games last season.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Looking forward to seeing Sorokin tonight! Hope we see an improvement in the play of the skaters in front of him so he can get some confidence!

Reactions: BillD

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I know we don't like praise, rather we revel in disrespect. But here is what Kruger said about the Isles before game 2.

"They're a few years into a very consistent program where they have a group that is a hundred percent bought into what they do and they are as automated and as much of a machine in a positive way as any team in the National Hockey League right now," Krueger said.

"I respect the game that they're playing. It's a very high level of execution with minimal errors or mistakes. They give you almost nothing on a consistent basis and play extremely patient."
The Islanders will be bolstered by the addition of forward Anthony Beauvillier, who returns from a nine-game absence caused by a lower-body injury. Beauvillier had a career-high 39 points in 68 games last season.
It's nice and he's right.

I was frustrated for the Sabres last night, watching them fail zone entry after zone entry was brutal. Why no one tried to dump and chase and shift the ice in a different way is beyond me.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I kind of expected Sorokin's biggest adjustment to be dealing with all of the screens and traffic in front of him and seeing the puck. I'm assuming that's what he's having issues with, especially with the way Trotz has the team collapse around the slot defensively. Maybe Sorokin needs Doug Weight to coach the Isles for his games so he can see the puck better (it's hard to be screened when you're facing breakaways and odd man rushes all night).

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Hopefully Sorokin has worked on his angles and challenging the shooter. LGI
You posted while I was typing - has that been Sorokin's issue? I haven't seen his games and was assuming he's been having issues with traffic.

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
I kind of expected Sorokin's biggest adjustment to be dealing with all of the screens and traffic in front of him and seeing the puck. I'm assuming that's what he's having issues with, especially with the way Trotz has the team collapse around the slot defensively. Maybe Sorokin needs Doug Weight to coach the Isles for his games so he can see the puck better (it's hard to be screened when you're facing breakaways and odd man rushes all night).
:biglaugh:

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
It's nice and he's right.

I was frustrated for the Sabres last night, watching them fail zone entry after zone entry was brutal. Why no one tried to dump and chase and shift the ice in a different way is beyond me.

I would have lost my shit if I were a Sabres fan. Once it got under 5 minutes left in the 3rd and they still had zero shots, watching them try and carry the puck in and either cut to the middle and get stoned or attempt a cross ice pass just inside the blue line was crazy. I understand you want to create high danger chances, but at some point a coach has to look at some sheet and say yea guys we have zero shots against this. Throw it in the corner, throw it on net and force a rebound, literally anything is better than this.

That was like watching a football team that has 15 yards on 12 rushes in a game just run the ball 3 times from their own 20 while down 14 in the 4th quarter.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Progress!!!!!!
20210216_183524.jpg

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Delighted I don't have to listen to that dreary Sabres caller again. I've been depressed since yesterday's game.

Reactions: TMI

DVon Du Nord

Apr 30, 2012
Kildare, IE
Delighted I don't have to listen to that dreary Sabres caller again. I've been depressed since yesterday's game.

lol I had to listen to Jeanneret last night too! While I respect his tenure and all, I was not thrilled to have watch the entire game with him. It seems whenever there's a national feed we end up getting the home tandem whomever that may be if you're not in New York.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Hopefully Sorokin has worked on his angles and challenging the shooter. LGI
This is what I’ve noticed too. He looks small out there which comes from being too deep. The reason he’s too deep is that he’s not used to the smaller rink so he’s trying not to get caught out too far because of the faster speed that the game is coming to him compared to the KHL. AHL would solve this problem .

The counter argument I’ve heard is that BPT is too young and inexperienced and a mess so sending Sorokin down may be counterproductive.

I say send him down for 10 games as the slower speed in the AHL would let him get used to the smaller rink. Better than costing us points in the nhl.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Rick Jenerette. He goes ape when they score but is like a mortician otherwise.
Was funny at end of game. Very flatly said and thats it, the Islanders skate off with a two goal win. Not a hint of theatre or excitement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad