Line Combos: 15/16 forward lines

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Thorburn is good at 4th line player. He has some skills, put him with Petan and Armia will be the best line available for that 4th line.

Petan can have power play time to increase ice team. He will move up the line anyways for at least 20 games.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm having a hard time disagreeing with anything said here so far, even those who disagree with me! So many valid points and exciting line combinations.

Bring on the season!

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
2016/2017
Low High
Ladd $6,000,000 $6,750,000
Little $4,700,000 $4,700,000
Wheeler $5,600,000 $5,600,000
Perreault $3,000,000 $3,000,000
Scheifele $3,000,000 $5,500,000
Stafford $4,350,000 $4,350,000
Lowry $1,800,000 $2,500,000
Thorburm $1,200,000 $1,200,000
Burmistrov $1,550,000 $1,550,000
Ehlers $1,394,167 $1,394,167
Copp $925,000 $925,000
Armia $1,500,000 $1,800,000
Petan $863,333 $863,333
Peluso $675,000 $675,000
14 Forwards

Enstrom $5,750,000 $5,750,000
Myers $5,500,000 $5,500,000
Chiarot $850,000 $850,000
Byfuglien $6,500,000 $7,500,000
Stuart $2,625,000 $2,625,000
Trouba $3,500,000 $6,000,000
Postma $887,500 $887,500
Morrissey $1,394,167 $1,394,167
8 Defense

Pavelec $3,900,000 $3,900,000
Hutchinson $900,000 $1,500,000
2 Goalies
23 Players
$68,364,167 $76,714,167

Sorry its hard to read. I don't know how to insert a table here. A lot of the numbers are precisely fixed by existing contracts. Bonus commitments are included. The 2 numbers for each player are a low and a high estimate.

Edit: I just realized I have 24 players listed. Put Peluso on waivers. :)

So, all 23 go towards the cap or just the 20 you dress? I'm not sure.

Also, where are you getting your info on Morrissey's and Ehler's contracts. I can't find it. Thanks in advance.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
So, all 23 go towards the cap or just the 20 you dress? I'm not sure.

Also, where are you getting your info on Morrissey's and Ehler's contracts. I can't find it. Thanks in advance.

All 23 count towards the cap. Some salary info is from Spotrac, some is from General Fanager. Players on ELCs include bonuses as these count toward the cap IF they are triggered. We don't know the terms of performance bonuses but I am assuming that most of these will kick in. They may well be based on number of games played. Regardless of the trigger it is safer to include them.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
And who's the 3rd man on that line? Does Chevy's 'youth movement' really mean Cormier and Hali plus 1 rookie in the top 9? Good grief, I hope not!

I believe he said Cormier could beat out Copp on the 4th line, which is not impossible. Cormier had a good camp last year, stronger than Slater, but Slater had a ticket in Winnipeg. Cormier is the only player we have who can even come close to replacing Slater's 58% in the circle. That said his skating is limited. For the record of all the 4th lines we used last year, the only one which was positive was Halischuk-Slater-Thorburn. I think the organization decided Slater was the anchor in the end. I would not mind seeing Cormier on a 4th line. Cormier-Halischuk killing penalties gives us a fresher Little-Ladd, or Scheif-Wheeler for 5 on 5, where we need them to score. That is the primary advantage I see with Cormier over Copp.

Cormier will not play any major time with the big team this season.
I expect Thorbs/Peluso and maybe Hali to take up one spot on the 4th line.
Who knows which players fill out the team...

To re-sign him strictly for the Moose, when Ryan Olsen is being developed for the same role on the Moose, seems illogical. I think he is the insurance if Copp has a poor training camp. I see an interesting dynamic too. I believe Cormier was one of the good friends Burmi had on the Thrashers/Jets, given that neither have a good command of English, but Copp is a good friend of Trouba.

Thorburn is fine if they only knew what his place is -- backup on the bench or 4th line. Anywhere near the top 9 as so often happens & we all cringe

Thorburn did his job. He had some poor moments, but was strong for us during the stretch, and not fragile either. He and Lowry on the same line was very strong physically. He earned a lot of respect on the team for taking off Ballard against the Wild, Boll against the Jackets in nasty games. He is very vocal, and also of some significance, as the franchise historian. Thorburn is a good skater, which fits in well to Maurice's system where the d step up, and the wingers are responsible for back pressure. I think our team depth keeps him more limited to the 4th line.

Can't see Cormier getting much time at all. I see him primarily as a Moose veteran. Too many skilled prospects have passed him by. IMO he may find his way to the big club as an injury call up, but can't see more than a hand full of games. Hali IMO will get approx same usage as last season. If everyone is healthy Hali joins Peluso in the pressbox.

With 8 d, likely, probably only room for one in the pressbox. I think Halischuk beats Fraser out of camp, for the 4th line, so it is likely Peluso. The real bonus is that we can look at calling up, and not from Newfoundland either, any of Petan, Copp/Cormier, Armia, Lipon, Morrissey or Helleybuck at any time.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I believe he said Cormier could beat out Copp on the 4th line, which is not impossible. Cormier had a good camp last year, stronger than Slater, but Slater had a ticket in Winnipeg. Cormier is the only player we have who can even come close to replacing Slater's 58% in the circle. That said his skating is limited. For the record of all the 4th lines we used last year, the only one which was positive was Halischuk-Slater-Thorburn. I think the organization decided Slater was the anchor in the end. I would not mind seeing Cormier on a 4th line. Cormier-Halischuk killing penalties gives us a fresher Little-Ladd, or Scheif-Wheeler for 5 on 5, where we need them to score. That is the primary advantage I see with Cormier over Copp.

To re-sign him strictly for the Moose, when Ryan Olsen is being developed for the same role on the Moose, seems illogical. I think he is the insurance if Copp has a poor training camp. I see an interesting dynamic too. I believe Cormier was one of the good friends Burmi had on the Thrashers/Jets, given that neither have a good command of English, but Copp is a good friend of Trouba.

Thorburn did his job. He had some poor moments, but was strong for us during the stretch, and not fragile either. He and Lowry on the same line was very strong physically. He earned a lot of respect on the team for taking off Ballard against the Wild, Boll against the Jackets in nasty games. He is very vocal, and also of some significance, as the franchise historian. Thorburn is a good skater, which fits in well to Maurice's system where the d step up, and the wingers are responsible for back pressure. I think our team depth keeps him more limited to the 4th line.

With 8 d, likely, probably only room for one in the pressbox. I think Halischuk beats Fraser out of camp, for the 4th line, so it is likely Peluso. The real bonus is that we can look at calling up, and not from Newfoundland either, any of Petan, Copp/Cormier, Armia, Lipon, Morrissey or Helleybuck at any time.

Cormier is at best a neutral, a nothing. He can't score in the NHL to save his life. He is James Wright without the good skating. You can put him out on the 4th line for a shift or 2 or 3 and he won't hurt you defensively. He is probably a better FO man than what Copp will be to start because rookie Cs in the NHL lose a lot of FOs. They get better with experience. Unless some plug plays ahead of them getting the experience.

Peluso should spend the entire season in the press box. Cormier, Halischuk and Fraser should spend the entire season with the Moose. They are all players who have had their chance, their opportunity and failed to make it in the NHL.

If Frolik, Stempniak and Tlusty were dropped so that we could have those plugs holding us back ..... then WTF are we doing? There isn't even a significant cost difference! :rant: :pullhair: I need an emoji where the smiley face bursts a blood vessel, then explodes.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Cormier is at best a neutral, a nothing. He can't score in the NHL to save his life. He is James Wright without the good skating. You can put him out on the 4th line for a shift or 2 or 3 and he won't hurt you defensively. He is probably a better FO man than what Copp will be to start because rookie Cs in the NHL lose a lot of FOs. They get better with experience. Unless some plug plays ahead of them getting the experience.

Peluso should spend the entire season in the press box. Cormier, Halischuk and Fraser should spend the entire season with the Moose. They are all players who have had their chance, their opportunity and failed to make it in the NHL.

If Frolik, Stempniak and Tlusty were dropped so that we could have those plugs holding us back ..... then WTF are we doing? There isn't even a significant cost difference! :rant: :pullhair: I need an emoji where the smiley face bursts a blood vessel, then explodes.

Remember, both sides need to agree for a player to sign. And Im telling you, none of those good FA Goc, Stemp, Tlusty etc would sign here to play 4-5 min on the 4th line. Jets decided to go with youth on third line with Petan, Armia, Ehlers. Im convinced Chevy would want one of those guys as Maurice would be pushing for it as we know what the pecking order was last year between Stemp, Tlusty, Hali and Peluso. BUT THOSE GUYS WONT SIGN HERE TO PLAY 4th LINE, IMO. They think they can get a better chance elsewhere, much like Raymond got in TOR a few years ago.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Tlusty was a good skating, softer than Charmain T.P., waste. Good riddance. Frolik walked. Stemp wants to come back, I would not mind, but what if he was replaced on a 4th line of Ehlers-Petan-Halischuk? Did we lose? Cormier could have a purpose, he plays physical, when we want physicality. Can win faceoffs, can kill penalties. Not useless. Not a 10 minute a game C either. I like versatility. I would be more than happy to trade or waive Peluso, but we are in a rough and tumble conference, I can see him having a use.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Remember, both sides need to agree for a player to sign. And Im telling you, none of those good FA Goc, Stemp, Tlusty etc would sign here to play 4-5 min on the 4th line. Jets decided to go with youth on third line with Petan, Armia, Ehlers. Im convinced Chevy would want one of those guys as Maurice would be pushing for it as we know what the pecking order was last year between Stemp, Tlusty, Hali and Peluso. BUT THOSE GUYS WONT SIGN HERE TO PLAY 4th LINE, IMO. They think they can get a better chance elsewhere, much like Raymond got in TOR a few years ago.

With those guys our 4th line plays a lot more than 5 minutes. Geez, that's the point!

First I've heard of an all rookie 3rd line. Do you figure Maurice is ready to give up on Lowry? How is Burmi going to like 5 min on the 4th line?

We only have 1 obvious vacancy in the top 9. That is probably filled by Ehlers and he could possibly play on any line. For another rookie to make the top 9 he has to push someone else down. I see extremely limited possibility of that happening unless Copp can't handle 4C yet. Then it is possible that either Burmi or Lowry moves down temporarily and another rookie gets a chance. It still only amounts to 2 rookies.

Stemp and Tlusty would rather not play at all than play 10 min/gm on our 3b line? Goc has already opted for Europe. I'd bet he would have accepted 4th line minutes.

This is getting away from what should be the point. It should be about who does not play rather than who does not sign to play 4th line. If we are going for prospects that should mean Peluso sits in the pressbox. Period. Almost all the time. Period. It should mean that Cormier, Halischuk and Fraser are not even mentioned in the same breath as the Jets roster. If those guys are playing then we will not have progressed our 4th line at all. Copp over Slater by himself is not enough progress to get the job done. We will still have among the weakest 4th lines in the league and we won't even have Slater's FO skill.

I'm not saying those guys are crap. We sometimes get into that kind of language which is entirely unfair. They are not capable NHL hockey players. They would absolutely dominate your beer league and they might be wonderful human beings but they don't belong on a good NHL team. They have all been given the opportunity and come up short.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
With those guys our 4th line plays a lot more than 5 minutes. Geez, that's the point!

First I've heard of an all rookie 3rd line. Do you figure Maurice is ready to give up on Lowry? How is Burmi going to like 5 min on the 4th line?

We only have 1 obvious vacancy in the top 9. That is probably filled by Ehlers and he could possibly play on any line. For another rookie to make the top 9 he has to push someone else down. I see extremely limited possibility of that happening unless Copp can't handle 4C yet. Then it is possible that either Burmi or Lowry moves down temporarily and another rookie gets a chance. It still only amounts to 2 rookies.

Stemp and Tlusty would rather not play at all than play 10 min/gm on our 3b line? Goc has already opted for Europe. I'd bet he would have accepted 4th line minutes.

This is getting away from what should be the point. It should be about who does not play rather than who does not sign to play 4th line. If we are going for prospects that should mean Peluso sits in the pressbox. Period. Almost all the time. Period. It should mean that Cormier, Halischuk and Fraser are not even mentioned in the same breath as the Jets roster. If those guys are playing then we will not have progressed our 4th line at all. Copp over Slater by himself is not enough progress to get the job done. We will still have among the weakest 4th lines in the league and we won't even have Slater's FO skill.

I'm not saying those guys are crap. We sometimes get into that kind of language which is entirely unfair. They are not capable NHL hockey players. They would absolutely dominate your beer league and they might be wonderful human beings but they don't belong on a good NHL team. They have all been given the opportunity and come up short.

I meant one of those three will take a third line spot. Sorry, shouldve used or to save you a rant :) You are fired up :laugh:

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

Allow me then. Those guys are crap. There's nothing fair about pro sports.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Wonder who inspires his teammates more: plug Thorburn who couldn't hit a barn from inside, can't make or take a pass, but is really good at bruising opponents' knuckles with his face and the 5 vs 5 PK; or Perrault, who's a super pest despite his relative puniness, can make and take passes exquisitely, drives the play forward and scores at a superior rate. My guess is that if the players had to choose only one, they'd go with Perrault every single time. Petan is going to play the same type of game as Perrault, and it won't be long before the players realize they'd also choose Petan over Thorburn every single time. Thorburn is as expendable as expendable gets, except in the myopic eyes of his coach.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
All 23 count towards the cap. Some salary info is from Spotrac, some is from General Fanager. Players on ELCs include bonuses as these count toward the cap IF they are triggered. We don't know the terms of performance bonuses but I am assuming that most of these will kick in. They may well be based on number of games played. Regardless of the trigger it is safer to include them.

All bonuses count toward the cap at the beginning of the season. But their is a portion of bonuses that can be carried over to the next season cap wise.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Allow me then. Those guys are crap. There's nothing fair about pro sports.

Fair enough. :laugh:
Yeah, if you can't get it done you have to go. Nothing unfair about that. It is tough, but fair. No need to add insult to injury.

What I mean is that the line between good enough and not is pretty fine but those guys are clearly on the wrong side. If that makes them crap then they are crap. Step down a level though and they are pretty good.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
All bonuses count toward the cap at the beginning of the season. But their is a portion of bonuses that can be carried over to the next season cap wise.

Yes, but they count. It is complicated so I am using the conservative approach for simplicity's sake. Not counting them at all is misleading.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
Mine included Scoreburn because I truly believe that PoMo will slot him in as a regular on the 4th line.... not that I really want him there (rather he be pressbox fodder), but it could be worse?

I suppose. It could also be better though. :sarcasm:

OK. How do you feel about Thor out and Peluso in? Of Hali, or Fraser?

I'm in the minority who would rather have Peluso then Thor. I'd prefer none but of them but I think that Peluso is a better player in his role. Now whether we need his role is a whole other question.

Thorburn is fine if they only knew what his place is -- backup on the bench or 4th line. Anywhere near the top 9 as so often happens & we all cringe

Preferably on the bench for me. I'd rather a prospect on the fourth line.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I suppose. It could also be better though. :sarcasm:

I'm in the minority who would rather have Peluso then Thor. I'd prefer none but of them but I think that Peluso is a better player in his role. Now whether we need his role is a whole other question.

Preferably on the bench for me. I'd rather a prospect on the fourth line.

Wow. Another thread that devolves into Thorburn sucks. Let me remind you(s) that the turning point of the season, as I complained all year long, was that Peluso was in our lineup. He was noticeably in our lineup getting beat on the backcheck for the GWG breakaway goal scored by the Panthers, which many thought, given our schedule would be the end of the Jets season. Lo and behold he was scratched after that (did he play again) for Eric O'Dell, and we went on to win 5 in a row, against Tampa, San Jose, St. Louis, Washington and Edmonton.

I think we need at least one helmet puncher in our lineup, because like it or not, other teams deploy them. Cody Mc Leod is going to run our goalie this year, count on it. Ryan Reaves will play nasty against us. Expect dirtiness from guys like Antoine Roussel and Daniel Carcillo (who slowed our team down by breaking Perrault's forearm). Remember Thorburn's fight against Jared Boll, after he ran Postma from behind, a nasty game we won. That is what makes him a respected player in the dressing room, if not HF Boards. I think the biggest advantage Thorburn has on Peluso is that he can play in a defensive system, his skating and hockey IQ are above Peluso's. And Peluso, as a scrapper, is not on the ice for any significant minutes, unable to play the system effectively, so his scraps are usually the staged, unnecessary, kind.

I do not have an objection to adding more skill, especially to make us a 4 line team. But I think that it is foolish to field a team of just skill, without any toughness. Intimidation is a big factor, and if skill always beat toughness, we would not have beaten the Hawks 4-1 in the season series. We may have beaten Anaheim had Mark Stuart succeeded in completely crushing (Katie)Perry. As much as we wore down, how many players did we knock out last season by simply destroying them? I think Mau likes that meanness, as a fan I do too, and I expect it to continue.

Maybe we would be improved if it were Halischuk/Thorburn competing for 12/13 instead of Peluso, but I want to defend Thorburn for being useful. I would maybe prefer a guy like Derek Dorsett or someone similar to him, but anyone saying that we shouldn't have toughness in our lineup does not really understand the game, and that is not meant to be a slight at you either, E.R., but a rather a blanketed statement. And yes we have some toughness on D, but our team is better with Buff and Stu in the lineup, and yes I say that with a straight, and serious, face.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

There is something very important you chose to overlook. Ok promote Ehlers, Petan, Armia. More skill. Which is good. But then you now have these 3, plus Perrault and Stafford who are not PKers. So you field a 4 line team, and no guarantee that the rooks are going to dominate, Ehlers didn't look all that impressive towards the end of the preseason when he was playing against NHL regulars instead of other rookies, he was outmuscled frequently by the Swiss junior defense corps, for Pete's sake, but let's say that he his ready, for argument's sake. Think vet coaches like Quenville or Hitchcock won't be chomping at the bit to get their top lines with Toews or Backes out against physically undermatched and inexperienced players. Furthermore, now 2/3 of your top 9 players, Burmi-Lowry, Ladd-Little, Wheeler-Scheif, are PKers, no other players, other than Halischuk to back them up. So you risk injury to your star players who have to now stand in and block shots, and a vacuum to replace them. If we are not a top 10-15 Pk team, we are not in the playoffs, because our style dictates borderline penalties. Every team has role players, I think Cormier is a realistic option as a 6-8 minute centreman, some of his ice time comes at the expense of giving Ladd-Little more important 5 on 5 ice time. Can you give me a scenario how to achieve this with your all skill lineup, or is the expectation that the rooks are going to dominate? Without any supporting evidence. I would expect at the very least that two could earn spots, with a vet, who is defensively responsible too, riding shotgun. But there is alot to be considered, not just the talent level of each individual player.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

1) You listed a bunch of players who have spent time on the 4th line last season. Two of whom have spent a good chunk of their careers on fourth lines.
2) Thorburn spent have the season killing our third line. There's plenty of TOI with injuries. You need more than one extra top 9 guy and you shouldn't be banking on youth. Banking on youth isn't the same as giving youth an opportunity.
3) Besides, no one signs knowing where they will be on the roster when they sign. No one, absolutely no one is avoiding the Jets because they think they will only get 4-5 minutes.

I'm sorry, but I think this opinion is just a bad opinion.

Maybe they didn't want to sign to Winnipg, but I doubt it. Especially Stempniak who said otherwise.

I simply think it was just a bad decision in not going for them.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
1) You listed a bunch of players who have spent time on the 4th line last season. Two of whom have spent a good chunk of their careers on fourth lines.
2) Thorburn spent have the season killing our third line. There's plenty of TOI with injuries. You need more than one extra top 9 guy and you shouldn't be banking on youth. Banking on youth isn't the same as giving youth an opportunity.
3) Besides, no one signs knowing where they will be on the roster when they sign. No one, absolutely no one is avoiding the Jets because they think they will only get 4-5 minutes.

I'm sorry, but I think this opinion is just a bad opinion.

Maybe they didn't want to sign to Winnipg, but I doubt it. Especially Stempniak who said otherwise.

I simply think it was just a bad decision in not going for them.

Guess we will see. Goc going to Europe says 30 GM's passed on him. If Chevy thinks the youth are ready than so be it. None of us, including YOU saw Lowry (you had Odell) as stepping in last year, so maybe Jets think enough youth are ready and maybe they know more than you and I. I hope they are right, I still would like a Stemp but Armia and Petan will do, as long as its them and not plugs instead.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Some notes:

* Don't think Cormier had a good camp last year. He was absent.

* Thorburn-Slater-Halischuk wasn't a positive line. They were actually super terrible.
Thorburn-Slater-Halischuk - 42% Corsi
When Tlusty was with Slater - 50% Corsi

* Winning a faceoff is to try and improve shots and goal differentials. Winning a faceoff often counts for nothing if you are terrible in shot and goal differentials.

* Signing Cormier has nothing to do with Olsen. Cormier spent most of last year as a left wing on third line. Olsen as 4th line centre.

* Glad for Thorburn being a good guy, teammates liking him, and taking a beating in the face for his team. Still, not good enough to hockey above the third line. It's only a bad thing and only bad things will come from it.

* Tlusty wasn't a waste. He was part of the reason why the Jets started playing well and for the first time in this city had a fourth line that wasn't essentially playing short handed at even strength.

* "Purpose" with being physical and winning faceoffs is a means. The ends is outscoring the opponent.

* Thorburn was NOT the reason why the Jets season turned around. That is HILARIOUS though to try and work that one in.

* No one needs a helmet puncher. The existence of them does not prove the existence and not all teams have them.

* Remember Jared Boll, ran Postma behind, despite the Jets having helmet punchers. The helmet punchers did **** all. The point of deterrence is so people don't do those things to you.

* Skill with toughness is fine and all, and I would love that. But Peluso is not that, and Thor is not that either. Skill with toughness is great, but just skill is better than just toughness.

* Stafford has played PK. He played 106 mins in 2013-14... although he was never that good. Better than Halischuk, Stafford, or Thorburn though.

* Burmi, Lowry, Little can be the 3 Cs. On PK3 Little is not using up too much TOI. Armia, Wheeler, Ladd, Stempniak, and Tlusty have all PK well (Armia is AHL though)... but 2 of those we don't have now. I've never seen Peluso, Thorburn, or Cormier do well on the PK.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Guess we will see. Goc going to Europe says 30 GM's passed on him. If Chevy thinks the youth are ready than so be it. None of us, including YOU saw Lowry (you had Odell) as stepping in last year, so maybe Jets think enough youth are ready and maybe they know more than you and I. I hope they are right, I still would like a Stemp but Armia and Petan will do, as long as its them and not plugs instead.

I hate the 30 GMs passed argument.

I wish to be smarter than those 30 GMs.
I want my team to be smarter than the other 29.
GMs make poor choices all the time.

BTW: Goc took Europe over 1yr offers that he actually had in the NHL though because he had a 5 year offer which offers more financial stability. That could be a possibility with the others: term. (I have a connection to his agent through my work agency)

None of them avoided the Jets because they are afraid of being on the fourth line.

I thought Lowry could use more time in the AHL to work on his offensive game. We all knew Lowry had a good defensive game. I thought O`Dell would out produce relative to ice time. Sure enough, O`Dell has a higher pts/min thus far than Lowry.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I hate the 30 GMs passed argument.

I wish to be smarter than those 30 GMs.
I want my team to be smarter than the other 29.

GMs make poor choices all the time.

I thought Lowry could use more time in the AHL to work on his offensive game. We all knew Lowry had a good defensive game. I thought O`Dell would out produce relative to ice time. Sure enough, O`Dell has a higher pts/min thus far than Lowry.

GM and coach were right with rookie last year, I hope to think they are right again this year, they seem to have a good grasp on this team over the last 4 years when rookies are ready. And GM's make poor choices, so do you, so do I, we are human indeed but consensus speaks for itself.

edit: now that I saw your edit, Goc maybe didn't avoid Jets to be on 4th line, but glad Chevy avoided a five year term.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
They have also been historically bad in 4th line decisions for 4 years. Running a 42.5 Corsi. The Jets have consistently held one of the bottom five 4th lines in the NHL.
We are also not talking about prospects or youth since we're talking about Thorburn, Cormier, Fraser, Halischuk, and Peluso on the fourth line.

Goc wasn't looking for NHL 5 year (sure he wouldn't have said no haha).
Just took DEL 5 year > the NHL 1 years he had. I have no idea if 2 or 3 was what it would take for here. I have no idea if a better 1yr than what he had would have worked too.
Don't know if it would have been reasonable or not.

It's just an example though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad