GAME #15 - 11/04/2017

vs
NYR: 5-7-2_____________FLA: 4-7-1

TIME | 7:00 PM ET
VENUE | BB&T CENTER - SUNRISE, FL
TV | MSG, FS-F

ONLINE STREAMS: NOT ALLOWED | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; FLA@NYR 3/17/17 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - PANTHERS.com
NY Post - NYDN - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

NOVEMBER SCHEDULE:

novemberschedule.png

QUOTES TO NOTE:

I think we were doing a lot of good things even when it wasn’t going well.
We put it together for a good little stretch here, and it feels good especially the first away win of the year.
We’re going to enjoy it.
- J.T. Miller

I did not give up a goal in the first two minutes, which was nice.
When that doesn’t happen it’s a lot easier to stay confident and believe in yourself and do the right thing.
I also felt like the guys were very structured in front of me.
- Henrik Lundqvist

We deserved to win.
- Alain Vigneault

___________________________________​

TEAM STATS:

GP | 12 | GF | 43
W | 4 | GA | 51
L | 7 | GF/G | 3.58
OTL | 1 | GA/G | 4.17
Pts | 9 | PIM/G | 12:09
HOME | 3-3-1 | PP% | 17.0
AWAY | 1-4-0 | PK% |70.8
L10 | 3-6-1 | FO% | 52.5
STREAK | L2 | S/O | 0-1

Division | 7th
Conference | 15th
League | 28th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Evgeny Dadonov | 6
Assists | Aleksander Barkov | 10
Points | Huberdeau, Trocheck | 14
+ / - | Aaron Ekblad | +7
Shots | Huberdeau, Trocheck | 35
Hits | Derek MacKenzie | 32
Blocks | Mark Pysyk | 21
PIM | Micheal Haley | 41
FO% | Aleksander Barkov | 57.6
TOI/G F: | Aleksander Barkov | 22:19
TOI/G D: | Aaron Ekblad | 23:17

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
HUBERDEAU | BARKOV | DADONOV
BRICKLEY | TROCHECK | VRBATA
MCGINN | MCCANN | BJUGSTAD
HALEY | MACKENZIE (C) | SCEVIOUR

LD | RD
YANDLE (A) | EKBLAD (A)
MCCOSHEN | PYSYK
MATHESON | PETROVIC

Scratched
TIPPETT
BALISY

STARTING GOALIE:

Reimer-James_3.png

James Reimer
GPI: 9 | W: 3 | L: 4 | OT: 1 | PIM: 0
SV% .890 | GAA: 4.00 | SA: 264 | GA: 29 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Roberto Luongo | Hand (IR)

TEAM STATS:

GP | 14 | GF | 42
W | 5 | GA | 48
L | 7 | GF/G | 3.00
OTL | 2 | GA/G | 3.36
Pts | 12 | PIM/G | 9:30
HOME | 4-4-2 | PP% | 20.4
AWAY | 1-3-0 | PK% |80.0
L10 | 4-4-2 | FO% | 52.2
STREAK | W2 | S/O | 0-1

Division | 7th
Conference | 12th
League | 25th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Mika Zibanejad | 8
Assists | Kevin Shattenkirk | 9
Points | Mika Zibanejad | 14
+ / - | Michael Grabner | +4
Shots | Nash, Ziba | 48
Hits | Chris Kreider | 36
Blocks | McDonagh, Skjei | 25
PIM | Kevin Shattenkirk | 22
FO% | David Desharnais | 62.1
TOI/G F: | Mats Zuccarello | 19:26
TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 23:17

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
KREIDER | ZIBANEJAD | BUCHNEVICH
NASH (A) | HAYES | ZUCCARELLO (A)
VESEY | DESHARNAIS | MILLER
GRABNER | NIEVES | FAST

LD | RD
MCDONAGH (C) | SMITH
STAAL (A) | SHATTENKIRK
SKJEI | KAMPFER

Scratched
HOLDEN
CAREY

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist
GPI: 11 | W: 4 | L: 4 | OT: 2 | PIM: 0
SV% .904 | GAA: 3.00 | SA: 322 | GA: 31 | SO: 1

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

NONE

bannerboys6.png

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Build off of yesterday. Getting 4 points out of this road trip would be HUGE for the team, especially with a tough division game on Monday.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I think DD's fine but we have better versions of him so he's a weird fit.

Don't get people saying we need Chytil for this though, tinkering with the lines is what you bring in the 13th forward for. Chytil obviously shouldn't be the 13th forward, he should be playing.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Streak of games against ex-rangers continues.

Can we smuggle Bjustad out of Sunrise after the game?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think my issue with DD is he's too loose with the puck sometimes. He kind of looks like MSL in his last year with us. He gets worked off the puck too easily. The one area he's been really good at is face-offs. Not great on the power play--not an option as a penalty killer--not good as a 2nd line center--not very good defensively. I'd probably play him most nights ahead of Carey but the way I look at the Rangers roster right now 1. Zibanejad 2. Hayes 3. Nieves and then Desharnais and Carey.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It should be possible to get a win streak going here.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Desharnais is having a very solid season, I don't really get why no one seems to be a fan of his.

I liked his play the first few games. But lately he has been very easy to knock off the puck, and he hasn't been making great passes. Just lack of stoutness in his play.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's usage, definitely. Every time DD does something great I die a little bit inside because it's one inch closer to AV putting him on the first line then him turning into a pumpkin.

I'm okay with him being a third line winger, he's better at that than Vesey, but he can't play center, and he should not play on the PP or play top 6 minutes at ES.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm not necessarily against DD on the PP [that sounds funny] but Vesey on the PP by itself is a firable offense.

Reactions: Ori

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
About all I like from him is that DD seems to be good making plays down low in the offensive zone in tight and below the goal line.

However, he's bad on the rush and doesn't really fit the style of the team.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think my issue with DD is he's too loose with the puck sometimes. He kind of looks like MSL in his last year with us. He gets worked off the puck too easily. The one area he's been really good at is face-offs. Not great on the power play--not an option as a penalty killer--not good as a 2nd line center--not very good defensively. I'd probably play him most nights ahead of Carey but the way I look at the Rangers roster right now 1. Zibanejad 2. Hayes 3. Nieves and then Desharnais and Carey.

Yeah he's just strangely unsatisfying. He seems pretty blah except when he suddenly pulls out a nice pass or something that leads to a goal.

Dunno if I'd really want Carey in the lineup and Nieves up to 3C in place of him though. Not a lot of great options.

As for Chytil I think if they're not going to send him back to the Czech league then he should probably spend at least half the season with the Wolf Pack. He hasn't played that many games yet, let him really get a number of games under his belt before entertaining the thought of calling him up.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
About all I like from him is that DD seems to be good making plays down low in the offensive zone in tight and below the goal line.

However, he's bad on the rush and doesn't really fit the style of the team.
You don't like that he's on pace for 42 points?

Vesey is the issue here, not Desharnais. I mean if we scratched everyone who is loose on the puck the only guys on the ice would be Fast and Lundqvist. :laugh:

Nieves has looked great, if switching him with DD is a possibility, I'm not opposed to trying it, but I think the Desharnais signing has worked out pretty well so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
As for Chytil I think if they're not going to send him back to the Czech league then he should probably spend at least half the season with the Wolf Pack. He hasn't played that many games yet, let him really get a number of games under his belt before entertaining the thought of calling him up.
I mentioned a few weeks ago that they should keep him in Hartford until the WJC and reassess when the tournament is complete. The tough decision is playing him beyond the remaining 7 games. Pastrnak ended up with 46 NHL games in his age 18 season.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I'm not necessarily against DD on the PP [that sounds funny] but Vesey on the PP by itself is a firable offense.
The amount of pucks he has literally missed on before he tries to shot so it`s understandable, but I believe part of his slow season was based on inexperience and he was nervous no doubt about it. He is a better player than beginning of this season first 5 games. And same thing with David D. first 5 games without producing any chances on the 4th line almost and 0 pts. so AV moved him on third, then second line and gave him increasily minutes since he start producing with better wingers.

I`ve nothing against David or Vesey, but both started very slow, and Nash started slow, but David is size as well in a center position - not sure how it will go against Anaheim & LA later this season. But David had a great season in 2011, not sure what happend after that, but after 2014 season he started to decline - maybe because of injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->