GDT: #15 - 02/19/2013 | Montreal Canadiens @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Will Killye
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

FUGLY GDT EDITION

extralarge.png
@
extralarge.png

(10-4-1)_________________ (8-5-1)

Rene Bourque - Tomas Plekanec - Brian Gionta
Max Pacioretty - David Desharnais - Lars Eller
Brandon Prust - Alex Galchenyuk - Erik Cole
Travis Moen - Ryan White - Colby Armstrong

Andrei Markov - Alexei - Emelin
Josh Gorges - Raphael Diaz
PK Subban - Francis Bouillon

Price
Budaj

Marian Gaborik - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Taylor Pyatt - Brian Boyle - JT Miller
Arron Asham - Jeff Halpern - Chris Kreider

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
Matt Gilroy - Michael Del Zotto

Lundqvist
Biron

LGR!

Last edited by a moderator:

Loff

Will Killye
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Limited web access at the moment. And I don't have my GDT template on this PC. Sorry hombres.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Big game here. Rangers have two games on hand on PIT and NJD. If they can with both they're only down by a point. Devils have been falling off a bit lately, so it's a great time to strike.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
if mash plays over kreider, i want torts fired. mash over kreider shows that torts would rather hold his own personal grudges than do what is roght for the team. not the first time he would be doing this though. for example he sent emi and kreider to the ahl while keeping stu bickel up like common WTF

*Bob Richards*

Loffen isn't the OP.
GDT lacks its past intricacy.

Madness. How are we supposed to win now?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Pretty much a home and home against the Habs with a game at the Garden tonight and another up in Montreal Saturday night.

It would be great if the Rangers blitzed the Canadiens defense, because tonight is the Habs 3rd game in 4 nights. If the Rangers keep it close you gotta think theyll be some opportunities opening up later in the game.

Montreals a streaky team, so its important to get on the board early. Montreal has won all of their games this season when leading after 1.

One area thats in the Rangers favor is faceoffs. The Habs are coming in at a low 46.9% Of course we'll have to deal with Prust and everything he brings. Hes going to be extra amped tonight.

We'll see what happens. Go to the net. Looking for an even better game from Richards. We need some heady play from him.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
if mash plays over kreider, i want torts fired. mash over kreider shows that torts would rather hold his own personal grudges than do what is roght for the team. not the first time he would be doing this though. for example he sent emi and kreider to the ahl while keeping stu bickel up like common WTF

What?

For a 4th line role, I may opt for Mashinter over Kreider. IMO Kreider should have been sent down anyways but the Whale don't have a game for a couple more days anyways. Torts may want to groom him himself in NYC.

Mashinter isn't some slug.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
What?

For a 4th line role, I may opt for Mashinter over Kreider. IMO Kreider should have been sent down anyways but the Whale don't have a game for a couple more days anyways. Torts may want to groom him himself in NYC.

Mashinter isn't some slug.

kreider shouldnt be out for boyle. kreider needs time which is the opposite of what he was given in NY

*Bob Richards*

kreider shouldnt be out for boyle. kreider needs time which is the opposite of what he was given in NY

But Boyle has been making noise since his benching and with Powe out, replacing him doesn't make much sense.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
But Boyle has been making noise since his benching and with Powe out, replacing him doesn't make much sense.

boyle should be in right now. i didnt disagree with that i just think he shouldve been put in over a 4th liner instead of kreider.

Punxrocknyc19*

Miller vs Galchenyuk that should be a great matchup... both were former teammates just a few months ago... im excited for this game...LETS GO RANGERS

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Eminger was assigned to the AHL on a conditioning stint because he had played one game in basically 4 weeks. Kreider was sent down to play a game rather than sit, and he was not subject to waivers. Bickel would be subject to waivers, and sending him to the AHL runs the risk of losing him entirely. There's some pretty clear, simple logic behind who was moved and why.

Mashinter has been playing extremely well in the AHL and the team needs to see what they have with him. What's the harm in giving him a shot?

This "personal grudge" thing is ridiculous. If anything, Torts loves his guys that come from up in MA. He's shown that he's a very harsh evaluator of talent, and if he doesn't think you're playing well then you won't see the ice--regardless of whether you're a top prospect. He dresses the lineup he feels gives the team the best chance to win each night. We may disagree with those decisions, but to suggest it's something personal is asinine.

If anyone is exhibiting a personal grudge, it's you against Tortorella. I've never been a huge fan of his, but some of these comments are absurd.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I suspect we'll see Mash in over Kreider tonight. If Torts likes what he sees, Kreider goes down. If he doesn't, Mash goes down and Kreider comes back in.

A near guarantee that Asham and Prust have a go tonight.

Gotta take care of them at home since there's a negative chance of winning in Montreal.

LGR

*Bob Richards*

boyle should be in right now. i didnt disagree with that i just think he shouldve been put in over a 4th liner instead of kreider.

The only person I feel Kreider should be replacing at this point is Miller. Are you saying Kreider should be playing the 3rd line over Boyle? I'm going to disagree there. Powe's absence puts a damper on the teams speed and CK can actually make the 4th line faster albeit weaker on D.

I also don't see the necessity in having Hapern and Boyle on the same line.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Kreider just isn't contributing and needs to work on his game in CT. Figure out how to be an effective player, because at the moment he isn't. This goes for Miller as well to a lesser extent, neither are NHL ready at this point IMO.

The problem is that neither player is making many glaringly bad plays, so the very few good plays they have made sticks out in peoples minds. But the fact is that the Rangers are consistently outplayed when they are on the ice, and they are unable to create or maintain any offensive pressure.

Mash should play, and Boyle shouldn't even be in a discussion whether he should play or not. Call up Ferriero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->