Prospect Info: 2017 14th Overall Pick | D Cal Foote

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Yeah unless we get hit with a bunch of injuries on the NHL D corps I see him play the majority of the season in Syracuse on their top pair.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not sure where he's at in the call-up hierarchy. Might be behind Rutta. I think he'll see NHL time this year, but it'll come mid-season. Next year we might need him to be ready though.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Hey guys, where do you see Cal Foote playing in the early goings of this season, say around Halloween time? NHL or AHL for more seasoning?

After watching him tonight - even paired with McDonagh - Foote is NOT ready for the NHL yet. Maybe by the All Star Break he could earn a cup of coffee with the big boys but he's still got some serious seasoning to do.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
After watching him tonight - even paired with McDonagh - Foote is NOT ready for the NHL yet. Maybe by the All Star Break he could earn a cup of coffee with the big boys but he's still got some serious seasoning to do.
As much as I love Al Murray for his forwards picks, let's face it, the Dmen picks have sucked. Not one has become a TBL regular.

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
foote played much better last night so will take game one as nerves will say he probably blocked six shots in the 6 on 5 scramble for pucks lol that was cool

How do you think Foote does in his draft+3 season in the AHL? His historical comparables are here for reference:

Draft+3: 1st round pick Defencemen in the AHL (Foote/Liljegren/Joseph/Vaakanainen)

Scoring 10 goals in that league during his draft+2 season was pretty impressive, wonder if he can build off last year's success and improve upon it?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Five free agent defensemen (three unrestricted) with the Lightning and five more in the system.

Does Foote get an opportunity in Tampa Bay next season or is he still rounding out his game?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Five free agent defensemen (three unrestricted) with the Lightning and five more in the system.

Does Foote get an opportunity in Tampa Bay next season or is he still rounding out his game?
My thought is if he doesn't make the jump next season, he never does.

Man we suck at drafting Dmen. How many have we actually drafted and developed? Hedman and Gudas? And I guess Koekkoek although he sucks?

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
My thought is if he doesn't make the jump next season, he never does.

Man we suck at drafting Dmen. How many have we actually drafted and developed? Hedman and Gudas? And I guess Koekkoek although he sucks?
DeAngelo to a degree I guess? Nesterov, I guess? Barbs? You know what, yeah we suck.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
2008 Witkowski and Barberton
2009 Hedman
2010 Gudas
2011 Nesterov
2012 Koekkoek and Dotchin
2013 no D drafted
2014 DeAngelo
2015 miss
2016 Hajek

The rest are too young to determine just yet. Our D drafting hasn't been that bad when you look at it in a whole.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

Given our cap situation you have to figure he’ll at least get a shot, especially if we end up losing Cernak (or even worse, Serg.) IMO the only way he doesn’t start the season in Tampa is if he clearly isn’t ready for 6D duty based on his preseason performance, and even then unless we have a better option at around the same cap hit I can see us throwing him in the pool and making him learn to swim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad