Golf: 148th Open Championship

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
An Irishman winning would be pretty cool. + Tommy lad winning is not unappealing at all. I'm personally pulling for Rickie though but would be more than fine with the two currently in top too

I am not a fan of Fleetwood at all, or really any Europeans at all so the Irishman winning aspect outside of Rory holds not appeal for me. I could see for British fan how that would be appealing though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's actually a pretty decent leaderboard, but Shane Lowry winning is about as appealing as Gary Woodland winning. We've avoided those for a long stretch until the last two majors of the decade. Lets hope we can avoid it the last major of the decade.

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Yeah the only reason why I'd be fine with Lowry winnings is because of where it's held. You can hear that the audience is rooting for him pretty hard

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Nice of Brooks to make an attempt to save the tournament. Hopefully Lowry will drop a few here to make it easier although I am not sure even with a huge lead that is safe for him heading into tomorrow

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He lost a four shot lead going into the final round the year DJ won at Oakmont by shooting 76. He can still lose this, and the bad weather isn't likely to help. There are going to be 75's tomorrow. Hopefully he has one of them, otherwise we have yet another bad major winner. Sorry to Lowry's family. I'm sure he's a lovely guy. Run of the mill golfer.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is Shane Lowry the guy that got mad a few years back when the US Open had a fat guys pairing and he was part of it? Or was that someone else? He was in that pairing, but I wasn't sure which of them was the complainer.

Jan 3, 2012
at the very least i will be more productive getting school work done tomorrow cause im not gunna watch some boring, middle tier player safely 2 putt every green as he cruises to a 5 shot win.

but good for him to win a major at home i suppose

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
What a boring leaderboard. Sucks seeing Holmes get a birdie on the last to get into the second last pairing. Koepka/Rose is way more interesting.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I might as well mention this now instead of another time because its Northern Ireland week in golf.

Northern Ireland has struggled to produce any quality golfers since Rory. It's a small country with less than 2M people, so its understandable, but they only had three players who are in the Open this year. There's a 16 year old who plays out of the same club Rory did as a kid who has been called "the next Rory" for years, Tom McKibbin. He's the #14 ranked player in the Junior Rankings right now and third in the 2021 rankings, but I think thats a bad picture of where he actually ranks because he's played less counting events than everyone. He's certainly right up there for best among the juniors right now. He tried qualifying for the Open, but didn't come close. It would've been a tall order to do so at his age.

You would think that Rory's emergence has inspired some kids in Northern Ireland, and McKibbin might be the first of the crop to emerge. He won't even attend college until 2021, so he's still a long way off, and he could not pan out. It would be nice though to see more than McIlroy, McDowell and Clarke out on the circuit from Northern Ireland. Per capita, they've historically produced incredible golfing talent, much better than Scotland and Ireland.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
BDR starts double, birdie, birdie to claw back to -8

Lowry bogeys the first while fleetwood missed a 7 footer for birdie. Would have been a huge two shot swing out of the gate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->