Golf: 147th Open Championship at Carnoustie Golf Links - July 19-22

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Decent guy actually, was T4 in the Irish Open so can play links at least.

I guess Willett is back from the dead too.

Reactions: Peanut

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Who you got btw? I'm backing Rahm. Like Noren's chances but he needs to get over the big major hump which is easier said than done. Pretty wide open.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Decent guy actually, was T4 in the Irish Open so can play links at least.

I guess Willett is back from the dead too.

Willett hasn't been that bad lately. Three top 20's, including two top 10's in his last 5 starts. I wouldn't bet against him finding his form again in the upcoming months.

Must've lost motivation after winning a major. Talented player though. He wasn't a one hit wonder.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Who you got btw? I'm backing Rahm. Like Noren's chances but he needs to get over the big major hump which is easier said than done. Pretty wide open.

I said Hatton prior to the event. He's +4. He's so hit or miss. Brilliant some weeks, terrible others.

I'd say its wide open though. The fact that I was saying Hatton prior to the start is indication that I didn't like any of the top choices this week.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I said Hatton prior to the event. He's +4. He's so hit or miss. Brilliant some weeks, terrible others.

I'd say its wide open though. The fact that I was saying Hatton prior to the start is indication that I didn't like any of the top choices this week.

True, I don't really either. But I thought Rahm got much less than he deserved in some weeks heading in here. He was scoring despite some pretty big mistakes, shot a ton of birdies. Some of the others haven't play that much coming in here so very hard to judge their form.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
One thing I don't like about the Open is that the website and App basically suck. There's no information available. No shot tracker, they don't even list the distances of the holes on the scorecard under the listing of the players. None of the other majors have this problem. Only the Open. They don't seem to care.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
A shame. Jordan was playing well. He didn't do that much wrong there to lose three shots in two holes.

He's found way too many bunkers in this opening round. Didn't birdie either par 5. Played a really solid round, and unlikely to get more than even par out of it.

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
Switched out Finau & Harrington for Hatton & Hojaard at the last minute in my money pool...that was a mistake.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Is everything on NBCSN now apart from prime weekend coverage? Did they do that last year?

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
When was the last time Tiger birdied the first hole of a tournament, let alone a major?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rack up the good scores now if it’s raining tomorrow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad