Prospect Info: #140 OA - Center - Chase Pearson, USHL

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I am very surprised he didn't stay for his senior season. He had a decent junior year, nothing crazy, but decent.

He had a pretty good year, not sure decent is fair. He had 29 points in 34 games compared to Poehling who had 31 points in 34 games. Both players were in their 3rd NCAA season, granted Pearson is a year older due to spending a year in the USHL. Still, a 5th round pick keeping pace with a 1st round is a good guy to get signed.

Reactions: Hockeyfannnn91

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
He had a pretty good year, not sure decent is fair. He had 29 points in 34 games compared to Poehling who had 31 points in 34 games. Both players were in their 3rd NCAA season, granted Pearson is a year older due to spending a year in the USHL. Still, a 5th round pick keeping pace with a 1st round is a good guy to get signed.
Think people have been overlooking Pearson for a while , I’m more excited with him let’s say than these 2 ncaa kids we got , think he can be a pretty good 3c , time will tell but I like the fact that he was a captain which shows he’s got leadership skills and along with smith who I think will be a redwing down the road who will punish guys with hits and bertuzzi I’d say we’d have a nice start to the type of guys we’ll need to compete in the playoffs

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
Think people have been overlooking Pearson for a while , I’m more excited with him let’s say than these 2 ncaa kids we got , think he can be a pretty good 3c , time will tell but I like the fact that he was a captain which shows he’s got leadership skills and along with smith who I think will be a redwing down the road who will punish guys with hits and bertuzzi I’d say we’d have a nice start to the type of guys we’ll need to compete in the playoffs

Same here. Him and Holway(unfortunately left Maine and hockey altogether only to come back and go to a different university for next season) I thought had legitimate chances of making the wings next season.

I think Pearson will be a 30-35 pt, PK 3rd liner. Definitely a better player than Glendening is. I don’t see where people get that from.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Good to see. His play and development warranted a contract. I am curious to see how he adjusts to the pace of the pro game.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
We can't put entire articles. One or two lines, but on the pay sites, you really cannot link entire articles like that because they are intellectual property that people pay access for.

Just wanted to point out these from the article.

Comments from his Coach:

“He showed up here with the type of attitude and work habits you normally associate with an NHL player,” Gendron said. “The games themselves exposed some things for him early on (in his career), and he had to get better, and he made steady improvements all the way through. So now his game is complete. There are no holes in his game and he’s one of the best players in our league. That’s what it is.”

Comments from Pearson, how he sees himself as a player.
Pearson says his biggest area for personal growth is defensively. He seems to know his shot at the NHL rests on being a reliable down-lineup player who can make some havoc with his 6-2 frame. He considers himself something of a 200-foot power-forward, and prides his growth in getting to the dirty areas and using his body.

Pearson is very interesting player for me personally, because I have never seen him play NCAA games. But I saw some flashes from him from Traverse City Training camp games, which I did use for my own data collecting, last time when I did it. Pearson was one of the players who was great creating good scoring chances.

Then, 1-2 years back, I didn't see anything but a smart playmaker in him. Now, if we add these power elements in him, I think he could be a good package. Even great, if he learns those defensive things and one day becomes that, updated version of Luke Glendening. More skill, but same defence.

Also, he seems to be a leader type of guy, because he was a Captain for that team for 2 last seasons (of three total seasons)

Reactions: Larkin2AA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad