GDT: #14| Montreal Canadiens @ New York Islanders | November 5th | 7:00 PM | F/4-3 SOL

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
I know we want the shooter, but I would call up JHS before MDC. Let MDC continue to gain confidence. JHS is already proven he can play up here and produce. I wouldnt be upset with either. Beau had proven to be extremely inconsistent. Most of his goals came in month last year and was pretty useless otherwise. He should be in the A right now and for an extended stay.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I have always said Beauvillier never overly impresses me. He had a good half a season last year, but even the rest of that season he was not too good. It is at the point where he is honestly dragging Barzal and Eberle down. You could argue that line, which everybody had pegged as our only good line and easily the first line, has been our worst line this season, and it is 90% because of Beau. I dont know what is wrong with him right now, but he has been probably the worst forward on the team this season, no exaggeration. Martin, Cizikas, Filppula, Ladd, all have been really good. Beau is the weak link right now by far. Just imagine this team, if you put Panarin in that spot instead of Beau. But in real life, I would bring someone up and try them there, even just temporarily, because Beau needs a major wake up call.

Reactions: IslandersGER

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Isles don't have anybody resembling a shooter anywhere, Panarin is on a good team, maybe LA stinks now that they hired a terrible coach to replace a terrible coach and Quick is out... that we can get Jeff Carter, who might be that guy.

Johnston is an opporutnist which is better than a guy who will get in the way like Beau is.
The Carter thought is a good one, though I hate the thought of bringing in another aging vet. Still, he's got the snipe. Can see him as a trailer taking some nice sauce from Barzy.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Was at the game and they were by far the fastest team we've played all year and their passing was pretty pinpoint. Extremely lucky to get a point. Not sure what BT can do about that-other have his guys try and pkay a grind it out game and FFS, shoot the puck. Neimi was very leaky 1st half of the game and we didn't pressure him much the 2nd half

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I agree w the general idea that it’s time to move Beau down. Maybe move Ladd up again, the only option currently on the big club.

This may be MDC’s chance to alter his career path, as others have mentioned.

I think taking Ladd off of his line will be bad, that line is solid

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I’ll take the point. We were due for a stinker. Hopefully this was it. I’m sure Trotz will make the necessary adjustments.

Reactions: dood

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
4th Line would be great - Cizikas and Clutterbuck create a ton of space and the third guy in (Martin so far) has capitalized off their predictable and aggressive forecheck. Beau can definitely pot a few on that line.

Makes more sense and to be honest if Martin or Johnston are on the line with Barzal and Eberle, they won't get pushed around like they are these days

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Ross Johnston should be sent down. Seems redundant. Bring in a player who can find the back of the net.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Top six did nothing. Bottom six got us the point.

Filppula line was the best. Prettiest goal of the night was the Komarov feed to Filppula.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
So were we.

Well, so were the Islanders. It's only a month into the season. Maybe they both wind up sucking.

News flash... the Islanders do suck. This team had absolutely zero business being within 3 goals of the Canadians. The Islanders were embarrassed. For those of you denying the Isles ridiculous PDO, we were one goal in the shootout away from winning another game we had no business winning.

I am surprised at people saying Beau is bringing down Barzal. Beau has not been good, but Barzal has not been very good, and the last few games has been legit garbage. I dont know if he put on too much weight or not but he looks slow, way less agile, and is falling all over himself. Trying to make plays way out of his comfort zone. Looks like JHS out there after his shine wore off.

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
Finally the 2017/2018 isles showed up last night . Our slowness all around was no match for their fastness ( on purpose word) . It's ok, if we manage to go 8-4-2 in every 14 game stretch we will be playing into May next year.

LGI

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
I think demoting him now is going to ruin him like it did Strome, 4th line for now would be good

You just got the 4th line firing on all cylinders again after 2 years and now you want to play a -player#18 in a spot he cannot even play(has no grit)...on the 4th line? Really?...Why do some people have this sort of mindset concerning hockey?

The bottom 6 have carried the load todate...screwing with these 2 lines is not the recipe for getting a Jr. type player to player better.

The team was losing 13 games a year with leads going into the third so to pad stats for an individual before ...yet some posters could not see it at the time....Do you suggest we do the same again, by undoing all the good to try and prop up an individual? Think team

NYI will and can win with defensive/hardnose/decent tending...not by padding stats for individuals.
A few Players need to buy in for success..less chicken in the barnyard.

Last edited:

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I didn’t get to watch the game, but it sounds like MTL should have demolished the Isles. Even though they blew a 3-1 lead, they still managed a point when they should have earned zero. Last years team would have lost 5-3 after being up 3-1. Progress!

Reactions: Keyserfrans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->