Post-Game Talk: #14: FLYERS 3 at Sharks 4 (OT), Saturday, Nov. 3, 2018, 10:30 p.m. ET

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
The Lindblom, Konecny, Patrick goal was one of the more beautiful team goals I have seen the team score in a while. So much skill on that play.
Patrick with a really good mid lane drive there. Hey much like Crosby and Tavares used to do all the time against us.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Who was the guy impersonating a NHL goalie in the Flyers net?

Please, our backup goalie kept us in the game all night long. what were the shots at one point 14-5 to start the game?
Pickard did not lose that game. Not being ready to go at puck drop played more of a part. That is on the so called perfect coaching staff.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I didn’t watch the game but:

Gudas 11:34
Sanheim 15:38
Laughton 10:23
NAK 5:44

Deeeeveilipmint

Lindblom was playing like 8 minutes a night just in the last few games, now he’s playing him almost 17 because he’s hot and the line blender. Our most balanced pair barely played while Hagg got 21+, Folin got 20+, and Myers/Friedman are in the minors.

Hagg is 10th in the NHL for pp/60 by defensemen and our most physical D-man, we're pumping up his trade value.
How can you complain about Folin in that game, he played a smart, physical and consistent game.
Meanwhile, did you watch the 1st period, Sanheim/Gudas were a turnover machine.

As far as Laughton/NAK, whose minutes are you going to cut?
Like it or not, Weise - Weal - Simmonds has been our best line the last few games. Weise played 10:45 at ES and those were solid minutes.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, eventually the wheels will come off and then you make changes.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Please, our backup goalie kept us in the game all night long. what were the shots at one point 14-5 to start the game?
Pickard did not lose that game. Not being ready to go at puck drop played more of a part. That is on the so called perfect coaching staff.

You misunderstood, I was complimenting Pickard for looking like a real NHL goalie after his last start where he looked like Mrazek.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Last season we had almost identical shot amounts in 3rd when leading / tied after 2 periods.

But the Hakshell?

My suspicion is if you could find the stats (and especially if you eliminate games against bad teams or with insurmountable leads) you'd find that teams with the lead tend to have less shots and scoring chances, but more high danger scoring chances in the 3rd period.

The losing team gambles, which leads to more possession and shots in the O-zone, but more breakaways the other way.

When you're behind, your defensemen should make more dangerous pinches to try and keep the puck in the O-zone and your forwards should get caught deep more often, because getting a goal has a lot greater effect on the probability of tying/winning than giving up a goal has on the probability of losing.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I consider those dumps with feeble pressure a turnover. Because that's all they accomplish.

If you're including the team dumping and chasing in the offensive zone, I disagree. This team's biggest problem is trying to force plays through the neutral zone. They should be dumping and chasing more from the red-line through the offensive zone.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
But the Hakshell?

My suspicion is if you could find the stats (and especially if you eliminate games against bad teams or with insurmountable leads) you'd find that teams with the lead tend to have less shots and scoring chances, but more high danger scoring chances in the 3rd period.

The losing team gambles, which leads to more possession and shots in the O-zone, but more breakaways the other way.

When you're behind, your defensemen should make more dangerous pinches to try and keep the puck in the O-zone and your forwards should get caught deep more often, because getting a goal has a lot greater effect on the probability of tying/winning than giving up a goal has on the probability of losing.

Again, the Flyers' Shot rates relative to the league plummet when Leading. No matter how many ways you try to look at it, this will not change.

I do not know if that is the case again this year, but it was for 3 years previous.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If you're including the team dumping and chasing in the offensive zone, I disagree. This team's biggest problem is trying to force plays through the neutral zone. They should be dumping and chasing more from the red-line through the offensive zone.

The end result is the same. Hakstol doesn't send enough pressure to win the battle after the dump.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Yes

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I hate California. I hate every single soul that ever came out of that deluded f***ing state. I hate those people with the most basic essence of my being. Why are they so god damned f***ing fake. Why do they bullshit themselves and every one else constantly. What is it about that place that just generates fakeness.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I hate California. I hate every single soul that ever came out of that deluded ****ing state. I hate those people with the most basic essence of my being. Why are they so god damned ****ing fake. Why do they bull**** themselves and every one else constantly. What is it about that place that just generates fakeness.
o_O

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I hate California. I hate every single soul that ever came out of that deluded ****ing state. I hate those people with the most basic essence of my being. Why are they so god damned ****ing fake. Why do they bull**** themselves and every one else constantly. What is it about that place that just generates fakeness..
nice stereotype. CA is a very big state with lots of different types of people and additudes.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I hate California. I hate every single soul that ever came out of that deluded ****ing state. I hate those people with the most basic essence of my being. Why are they so god damned ****ing fake. Why do they bull**** themselves and every one else constantly. What is it about that place that just generates fakeness..

cut_off_florida.gif

Just change it to California.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
"Folin was acquired to be the #7" though.

Can't believe anyone though Sanheim would play more than him.
Let's take a look at the last 3+ years since Hak took over:

NHL.com - Stats

Sanheim this year 15:59
Sanheim last year 15:35

Who has played LESS in any season since Hak took over? Only Schultz, Alt, Oduya, and O'Neil. 2 of the least amount of TOI seasons are had by Sanheim.

Manning NEVER was played so little. AMac neither. Schenn? Nope. Streit? Nope. Folin? Nope. Ok....what about Medvedev? Nope...played almost 19 minutes a game.

Looking back even deeper in years, we played Bruno Gervais 17:08 for god's sake. Yet Sanheim can't??????

Let that sink in.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The end result is the same. Hakstol doesn't send enough pressure to win the battle after the dump.
This is one of the biggest incorrect assumptions of all. I'm watching the game and at roughly 7:45 in the 3rd they are continuing to send 2 forecheckers deep with a third man in the middle of the zone. Again at roughly the 3 minute mark Now, obviously they don't send 2 men deep during line changes.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Let's take a look at the last 3+ years since Hak took over:

NHL.com - Stats

Sanheim this year 15:59
Sanheim last year 15:35

Who has played LESS in any season since Hak took over? Only Schultz, Alt, Oduya, and O'Neil. 2 of the least amount of TOI seasons are had by Sanheim.

Manning NEVER was played so little. AMac neither. Schenn? Nope. Streit? Nope. Folin? Nope. Ok....what about Medvedev? Nope...played almost 19 minutes a game.

Looking back even deeper in years, we played Bruno Gervais 17:08 for god's sake. Yet Sanheim can't??????

Let that sink in.

If Hak doesn’t like the player, he makes it personal. You listed absolute trash compared to our best young D prospect.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
This is one of the biggest incorrect assumptions of all. I'm watching the game and at roughly 7:45 in the 3rd they are continuing to send 2 forecheckers deep with a third man in the middle of the zone. Again at roughly the 3 minute mark Now, obviously they don't send 2 men deep during line changes.

The dumping and chasing is sorta a problem, they have a terrible time recovering it well. The neutral zone passing is by far their biggest problem offensively though. Hakstol prefers a stretch pass style of playing.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This "personal" stuff is a joke, anyone who watches Sanheim would notice he has great stretches, and brain dead stretches, like the first period against San Jose. When he's good, he gets more PT, when he sucks, he gets to watch for a period or two. Not exactly a shocker.

Provorov, Lindblom, Patrick are younger than Sanheim, why aren't they benched?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad