GDT: [#14] Dallas Stars @ Florida Marlins, 4:00 PM CST (FS-SW)

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
My interest in hockey is quickly fading. I didn't even watch the 2nd/3rd periods of the last game.. don't even feel like watching today.

I don't know if it's based on our play, or just how the season is unfolding. Constant delays, weeks off with no games, new division playing CBJ, Florida, Canes, etc.. limited or no fans.. boring as f***..

Not feeling it.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
My interest in hockey is quickly fading. I didn't even watch the 2nd/3rd periods of the last game.. don't even feel like watching today.

I don't know if it's based on our play, or just how the season is unfolding. Constant delays, weeks off with no games, new division playing CBJ, Florida, Canes, etc.. limited or no fans.. boring as f***..

Not feeling it.

I felt the same about the last game, and see no reason to upend my schedule to see today's game.

It's based on our play, of course. Even in some seasons where they didn't make the playoffs, they were competitive in most games, but didn't have the extra gear in the third often enough.

Also, it seems like they were playoff bound many years, until February did them in. I guess in that regard, they are right on their normal schedule.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Not feeling it.

I think it's a combination of all of those things. I still get excited for the games, but like last game I got genuinely bored. Last week I almost forgot they were even supposed to play. This season is f***ing with me

I agree though, CBJ and Carolina especially are boring teams. Carolina might be high scoring but somehow they make it boring as hell and the Stars system doesn't help

Another issue is Heiskanen is normally the most exciting player but isn't performing up to his standards. He used to make even the boring games watchable. Now we gotta just hope Gurianov or Hintz breaks free for a breakaway

Reactions: Blindsummit

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I love Bowness not wanting to say what the lineup changes will be. He's keeping it secret as though the Panthers give a shit. The Stars played the other night with what they thought was their best available lineup and got rolled. Bowness shuffling out a couple of 4th liners isn't going to change one thing about how the Panthers prepare for the game.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015

Not feeling it.
It is the way they are playing for me. I'm tired of watching this team suck so far this season outside of the first few games. They are just not exciting the last 6 games and it is starting to become quite annoying.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It is the way they are playing for me. I'm tired of watching this team suck so far this season outside of the first few games. They are just not exciting the last 6 games and it is starting to become quite annoying.
When you look at the past 20 years, the Stars have primarily made it an organizational philosophy to play boring hockey. Once they stopped being Cup contenders after Hitch, they have continued pushing defense first.

Tippett wanted every game to end regulation 0-0 as he made chasing the loser point his favored outcome. Then we had the bankruptcy years where the lack of talent dictated boring hockey. The first few seasons of Ruff with a young Benn and Seguin were the only consistently exciting regular season games this team played. Going from that to Hitch, Monty, and Bowness has crushed any joy and creativity from this team.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Idk they played for most of the games . The last game was the second truely bad game. Every other game they either had the chance to win or should've won in the games they didn't.

First Canes game and this game the team was bad. The others they played more than well enough to win

Reactions: Kipper 17

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It looks like Gardner and Caamano are in. Kero is out. We'll see which other forward comes out (I vote Cogliano, but it'll probably be Dellandrea).

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
what the f*** is this start time

this may very well be one of the lowest attended games in a long time

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
Luckily I'm retired so the start time doesn't really impact me, but if I was working.... It's not as if there are many positive reasons to go out of your way to watch the game these days. Oh well. we have to turn it around sometime, so why not today when expectations are at their lowest.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
No Dellandrea? Seems odd.

I know he's not a game breaker or anything but he has been fine for a rookie 4th liner. Certainly better than anything Caamano or Gardner will bring.

Hopefully Faksa wakes up today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->