GDT: [#14] Dallas Stars @ Boston Bruins, 6:00 PM CST (FS-SW)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Seguin’s been okay, he might just be snakebitten.

Benn has been lazy, plain and simple.

Benching both probably isn’t smart, but I think Benn might benefit from a game in the pressbox.

Reactions: badboy1994

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Scratching Benn may be needed but would be a horrible idea with Radulov out. Plus the media would just freak out as well.

It'll never happen anyways

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The team already looked tired today . Tomorow could be worse than today . Last game of a 6 games in 9 days roadtrip with the 3rd game in 4 nights .

Getting anything tomorow would be a bonus imho . Currently 3-1-1 on the trip is not bad.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
What do y’all think about benching benn and Seguin for a game ?
Whatever message you want to send, they already know it. And there isn’t a body on the roster who can take their minutes and do anything with them. Even 50% of those two is more effective than Ritchie, Smith, Nichushkin, Janmark, Dowling, Dickinson, Comeau, etc.

Reactions: serp

serp

Jan 17, 2016

By the way . Benn was off the ice when Janmark touched the puck.

Stars didn't deserve to win but the Refs did gift the Bruins the PP on OT . You hand out a Penalty at 3on3 its basically a game decider and i don't think this was a clear enough penalty.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

By the way . Benn was off the ice when Janmark touched the puck.

Stars didn't deserve to win but the Refs did gift the Bruins the PP on OT . You hand out a Penalty at 3on3 its basically a game decider and i don't think this was a clear enough penalty.

I thought I saw him off the ice honestly I was so confused

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
I wasn't paying attention to it at the time. I trusted the linesman because they only have to keep track of like four things and it takes an idiot to mess that up.

Oh well.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That Penalty on Lindell to make it 5on3 was also kind weak. He didn't crosscheck Marchand . At best he shoved him down with one hand and Marchand took it and made the contact look much worse than it was. ( unless Lindell has become crazy strong ) You can call that sure but after you called a weak too many men on OT ? It decided the game. Hell in regulation the refs let a ton of stuff go but in OT they get stingy again ? Why ?

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
That Penalty on Lindell to make it 5on3 was also kind weak. He didn't crosscheck Marchand . At best he shoved him down with one hand and Marchand took it and made the contact look much worse than it was. ( unless Lindell has become crazy strong ) You can call that sure but after you called a weak too many men on OT ? It decided the game. Hell in regulation the refs let a ton of stuff go but in OT they get stingy again ? Why ?

The refs were just extremely bad tonight honestly for both teams. Tough to complain though considering some of the stuff the Stars did get away with. The non-calls probably saved the Stars in this game because you don't get this type of pressure and somehow not take any penalties all game long. We didn't deserve the point but we sure did steal it

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I don’t know the details of how officials are punished, but that absolutely should get at least some kind of talking to.

At this level, you cannot mess up that badly.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Didn’t deserve to win but we also didn’t deserve to lose like that. Refs single handily cost us this game.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
guys, your opinions on nuke so far? has something changed in his game? numbers are not really impressive

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
guys, your opinions on nuke so far? has something changed in his game? numbers are not really impressive
He has never had impressive numbers, so this shouldn’t be a surprise. Dude doesn’t have the skill set to put up good numbers.

If he’s on your fantasy team, you’re crazy.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
He has never had impressive numbers, so this shouldn’t be a surprise. Dude doesn’t have the skill set to put up good numbers.

If he’s on your fantasy team, you’re crazy.

Nope, fantasy is not my bussiness. was fan of him in past, watched him in KHL last seasons and now i'm curious if he's any better than he was before with your team

ItsBennGreat

Get Jamie Benn a Stanley Cup '19 campaign
Jan 29, 2018
Raleigh. NC
lol Benching Jamie? Seriously?
Even on a bad night or game, he's still pretty effective. Yeh he didn't play well last night and has been slow, but no one is perfect.
A whole team and coaching staff wins a hockey game, not 1 or 2 players.
Y'all know I'm biased and admit he's not playing well or at his best, but I do think he's nursing injuries and that's contributing to it.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Nope, fantasy is not my bussiness. was fan of him in past, watched him in KHL last seasons and now i'm curious if he's any better than he was before with your team

At times he has looked better, but at times he has not and still can't finish on opportunities. I've been pleased with his game though for the most part i just wish he could start burying some of the chances he gets

Reactions: aonb

serp

Jan 17, 2016

I think he's looked decent but can't finish . He's getting grade A chance pretty much every game and his shot just is lacking. He's not been floating around like he at times used to be before he went back to Russia so thats good . Would be nice if he could score though.

Yesterday Rask guffed up a pass to a wide open Val right infront of him and Val just slid a muffin right back into Rask . A better shooter scored there.

Reactions: aonb and Kcb12345

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
When I was watching the game last night, I found myself thinking, “This game is kinda’ boring. Wait. Are they playing dump-and-chase again? Yep, that explains it.” Can’t wait until Monty’s possession system is solidly in place and Hitch’s is solidly purged. I think it will happen eventually, but it can’t come soon enough. What’s worse than being a fan of a losing team (2016-17 Stars)? It’s being one of a losing team that is also boring to watch (2017-18 Stars).

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
When I was watching the game last night, I found myself thinking, “This game is kinda’ boring. Wait. Are they playing dump-and-chase again? Yep, that explains it.” Can’t wait until Monty’s possession system is solidly in place and Hitch’s is solidly purged. I think it will happen eventually, but it can’t come soon enough. What’s worse than being a fan of a losing team (2016-17 Stars)? It’s being one of a losing team that is also boring to watch (2017-18 Stars).
Then you don't want to read the story from the other day about how Monty is occasionally getting advice from Hitch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad