GDT: #14 | Boston Bruins @ New York Islanders | November 2nd | F/W 3-1

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Are you guys sure Nabokov isn't starting tonight?

Nabby played last night and was shaky in regulation, gave up a couple he would probably like back.

Cappy said last week, after Nabby got roughed up in the Carolina and Vancouver games, that Poulin would be getting some playing time.

I would be surprised if Nabby gets the call tonight.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
It varies from game to game there isn't an exact science to it. I use stubhub for everything and save so much $$$ doing so. Aside from the opener and rangers game this is the highest I've seen prices on the secondary market so far this season. The tickets I got were face value $53 and got them for about $25.

Right now they seem to keep hovering right around $20 to get the cheapest seat I don't know how much cheaper it will go as more people start buying them.

If you have a student ID you can always get cheap seats at the box office I'm not sure how much they are but it's usually like $15-20.

Just bought two in section 111 face value $56 for $40 each. Probably will drop next couple of hours but pretty happy.

Took a pic of my seats second row section 325 at Ragger game the other night - you gotta love it. The whole row held up with cut 2x4's and brings.

Attachments

• coliseum 2 x 4.jpg
    coliseum 2 x 4.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 58
  • coliseum brick.jpg
    coliseum brick.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 53

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
Love the GDT. The effort and quality seems to be perfectly consistent with the effort and quality of our head coach. :speechles

And yet it seems that strangely enough more effort was put into this than than the Bruins for theirs. As in, I check the Bruins' board, and didn't even see one.

EDIT: Scratch that, they do have one, just not very visible.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Looking forward to seeing Vanek the Bruin killer as has been talked about by both BUF and BOS fans.

This game could be a good springboard for him to get going.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
It varies from game to game there isn't an exact science to it. I use stubhub for everything and save so much $$$ doing so. Aside from the opener and rangers game this is the highest I've seen prices on the secondary market so far this season. The tickets I got were face value $53 and got them for about $25.

Right now they seem to keep hovering right around $20 to get the cheapest seat I don't know how much cheaper it will go as more people start buying them.

If you have a student ID you can always get cheap seats at the box office I'm not sure how much they are but it's usually like $15-20.

Thank you!

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I see some of you questioning who will be in goal on a b2b after Nabby almost gave away a good effort from everyone else last night.

Have you heard something suggesting Poulin won't be in? That would either mean he has the plague, or Cappy is trying to get fired.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Nabby played last night and was shaky in regulation, gave up a couple he would probably like back.

Cappy said last week, after Nabby got roughed up in the Carolina and Vancouver games, that Poulin would be getting some playing time.

I would be surprised if Nabby gets the call tonight.

That's what I figured, that he wouldn't get two back to backs. Bad, because I need one more goalie start to hit my minimum in the pool. Crap.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Love the GDT. The effort and quality seems to be perfectly consistent with the effort and quality of our head coach. :speechles

And yet it seems that strangely enough more effort was put into this than than the Bruins for theirs. As in, I check the Bruins' board, and didn't even see one.

EDIT: Scratch that, they do have one, just not very visible.

Bruins don't sticky their GDT's and today is Red Sox World Series celebration day so it has been rather dead (Saturdays tend to be slow anyway). Ours is very low key.

Vanek will probably pot 5 tonight given his Bruin Killer certification.

Also if your back up is officially playing then the Bruins will make him look like the next Vezina winner and he will get a shut out.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
Bruins don't sticky their GDT's and today is Red Sox World Series celebration day so it has been rather dead (Saturdays tend to be slow anyway). Ours is very low key.

Vanek will probably pot 5 tonight given his Bruin Killer certification.

Also if your back up is officially playing then the Bruins will make him look like the next Vezina winner and he will get a shut out.

you've never seen kevin pouilin

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
I know this situation is too good to last all season, but how cool is it, that the isles have three of the top 20 scorers:handclap:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/player/_/stat/points/sort/points/year/2014/seasontype/2
6. Frans Nielsen, C
18. John Tavares, C
19. Kyle Okposo, RW

Something is oddly wrong with this.
Frans is off to a great scoring start but Tavares has been only fair-medicre for him.
Here is hoping that last night was the wick that lit the lamp and he goes on a scoring binge with his new sidekick along matching him..

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Just an update, Chad Johnson is starting in net.

Should be a goaltending duel from your talks about Poulin.

Nova Scotia Islander

Sep 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
No line up changes per staple. Think this is a mistake Carkner is going to end up fighting off the ice for at least 5 mins and means our already tired D are going to log more minutes. I would have sat PMB and dressed Boulton for this one could get bad either way. Also dont want martin fighting unless he has to dont need him breaking a hand or something. Going to be interesting watching little PMB go up against Chara.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Same ****, different day with the line-up I see....:shakehead

Hilarious GDT by the way! Everyone go back to the first post when you need a mood lift during tonight's game.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
No line up changes per staple. Think this is a mistake Carkner is going to end up fighting off the ice for at least 5 mins and means our already tired D are going to log more minutes. I would have sat PMB and dressed Boulton for this one could get bad either way. Also dont want martin fighting unless he has to dont need him a hand or something. Going to be interesting watching little PMB go up against Chara.

Chara stands in front of the net on power plays so more worried about him against any of our tiny d-men. Hoping we get 30+ shots tonight and not pinned down in our zone.

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
OT:

Went to East Carolina University for an open house today (my daughter is a junior in HS)
Did a tour of a dorm.
The RA of the floor had a white board next to his door - "Leave me a message!" was written on it.
He also had photos of various Pittsburgh sport teams. He had a photo of Crosby.
I left a message, "Crosby is a whiny little girly man."

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Ok... here's the deal.

The Isles are 0-3 when I have done GDTs. And they look like crap. I worked really hard on the previous GDTs, taught myself Photoshop (sorry... I'm an analyst) and got all these templates done and I upload them and the team SUCKS when I do it.

I decided to work as LITTLE as possible on this GDT for some GOOD LUCK!

P.S. It is hard to write on a laptop touchpad.

One of the funniest GDT's I have ever seen on HF Boards! Great job, and thanks for the laugh! :laugh:

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
OT:

Went to East Carolina University for an open house today (my daughter is a junior in HS)
Did a tour of a dorm.
The RA of the floor had a white board next to his door - "Leave me a message!" was written on it.
He also had photos of various Pittsburgh sport teams. He had a photo of Crosby.
I left a message, "Crosby is a whiny little girly man."

That ventriloquist dog scares the **** out of me, LOL! :biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad