GDT: #14 | Boston Bruins @ New York Islanders | November 2nd | F/W 3-1

Nova Scotia Islander

Sep 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
This game if we do win it will be won with hard work and winning the battles along the boards and in front of the net. The Bruins are a hard hitting hard fore checking team that does not give an inch. We have to come out hard and not give them an inch. If Boulton is in tonight which i think he will be i would sit PMB and let Brock play PMB will get pushed around tonight he is to small.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
i hope pls someone else plays as good as yesterday.

great GDT! Cheers!

Same here. Isles can rise to the occasion against good teams. They just haven't learned how to play the same way against lesser teams.

Hopefully the battle hard. Boston is an awesome team, top to bottom.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I know this situation is too good to last all season, but how cool is it, that the isles have three of the top 20 scorers:handclap:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/player/_/stat/points/sort/points/year/2014/seasontype/2
6. Frans Nielsen, C
18. John Tavares, C
19. Kyle Okposo, RW

When it's all said and done, the Isles could have 4 top-50 NHL scorers when you add Vanek to the mix.

With Nelson still looking to find his stride (and place in the lineup) and Strome doing well at the Bridge (2g 3a last night!!!), I like the versatility and depth of the forward group for the foreseeable future. The team has a little bit of everything up front.

I think we are an impact defenseman and a long term goalie away from being dangerous for a little while.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I know this situation is too good to last all season, but how cool is it, that the isles have three of the top 20 scorers:handclap:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/player/_/stat/points/sort/points/year/2014/seasontype/2
6. Frans Nielsen, C
18. John Tavares, C
19. Kyle Okposo, RW

Have you been around long enough to recall Newsday printing the top scorers in the league and seeing Trotts, Boss, and Potvin? It was something you could take for granted at times, the cherry on top of the Sundae.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
2 wins in a row would be very nice, which they haven't done this season. This should be a very tough game to win, Boston is a very good team and very well coached.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Soon, Vanek and Bailey too.

Then Strome.

Then HICKEY :)

:sarcasm: - mildly.

it is a nice indication of how hard Nielsen+ Okposo are working/producing.

As I posted several days ago, they are my two favorite Isles :yo:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Have you been around long enough to recall Newsday printing the top scorers in the league and seeing Trotts, Boss, and Potvin? It was something you could take for granted at times, the cherry on top of the Sundae.

I was just a kid during the glory days, but the stats page I really paid attention to was Reggie Jackson and the Yankees. I gave up the Yankees, bitter at Steinbrenner, when Reggie Left :(

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Ok I laughed at this one :laugh:

I will be in attendance tonight prices were a bit higher than usual on stubhub ($25). I would expect a large amount of bruins fans there tonight but the Red Sox had their parade today so who knows how many will be there.

Bruins are always tough to play against so I'm not expecting the best... We get points tonight I will be very happy.

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
Nice win last night, hopefully the team can build off of it. Boston is a highly physical team, such a good team. For some reason I got this feeling Tavares and Vanek will have a big game. Let's go Isles!

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
Ok I laughed at this one :laugh:

I will be in attendance tonight prices were a bit higher than usual on stubhub ($25). I would expect a large amount of bruins fans there tonight but the Red Sox had their parade today so who knows how many will be there.

Bruins are always tough to play against so I'm not expecting the best... We get points tonight I will be very happy.

Just out of curiousity, if I wait closer to game time, will I be able to get tickets cheaper on stubhub? I need to grab an extra for tonight if I can but I'd rather pay closer to the 9.50 I paid last time.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Just out of curiousity, if I wait closer to game time, will I be able to get tickets cheaper on stubhub? I need to grab an extra for tonight if I can but I'd rather pay closer to the 9.50 I paid last time.

It varies from game to game there isn't an exact science to it. I use stubhub for everything and save so much $$$ doing so. Aside from the opener and rangers game this is the highest I've seen prices on the secondary market so far this season. The tickets I got were face value $53 and got them for about $25.

Right now they seem to keep hovering right around $20 to get the cheapest seat I don't know how much cheaper it will go as more people start buying them.

If you have a student ID you can always get cheap seats at the box office I'm not sure how much they are but it's usually like $15-20.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
so i guess bruins became burins as well? a little extra good luck there?
:) night 2 and poulin in net. ahhh, not so sure about this one... but vanek is supposedly good against them so, here we go with his first goal.

Vanek is "supposedly good" against the Bruins... :laugh:

Dear God, you guys are in for a really good surprise. I have no idea what the Bruins did to him as a child.

Hope you don't mind a little friendly drop-in. Great GDT, by the way. :laugh: Was rooting for you guys hardcore in the playoffs, really love your team. Tavares is insane. Should be a good game between two great teams, good luck and have fun. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad