Recalled/Assigned: (14/12/19) Lukas Vejdemo Called Up; Otto Leskinen Sent Back to Laval

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
This is weird in the sense Vejdemo is a forward and Leskinen is D. They must feel Mete will return against Vancouver, or they're going back to Reilly.

Barber will sit. But, Vejdemo gives Montreal 13 forwards for their 4 game road trip. Real interested to see him play.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
This is weird in the sense Vejdemo is a forward and Leskinen is D. They must feel Mete will return against Vancouver, or they're going back to Reilly.

Barber will sit. But, Vejdemo gives Montreal 13 forwards for their 4 game road trip. Real interested to see him play.

He better play.

f*** Hudon, Barber, Cousins, Peca (when he comes back) they don't have a future here, as hard as that is to say about Peca, as he's from the same area as me, but the habs need to stop with these players who bring nothing and give them chances. Cousins hasn't been physical in any the games I've seen him play.

Vejdemo will probably get the Nattinen treatment

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He better play.

**** Hudon, Barber, Cousins, Peca (when he comes back) they don't have a future here, as hard as that is to say about Peca, as he's from the same area as me, but the habs need to stop with these players who bring nothing and give them chances. Cousins hasn't been physical in any the games I've seen him play.

Vejdemo will probably get the Nattinen treatment

I prefer playing Barber/Peca/Hudon 10 minutes a game in the NHL and Vejdemo 15+ in the AHL. I think Vejdemo can still benefit from AHL time.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I prefer playing Barber/Peca/Hudon 10 minutes a game in the NHL and Vejdemo 15+ in the AHL. I think Vejdemo can still benefit from AHL time.

These callups are usually for a few games. Replacing Byron is longer and there i agree but if it's just a few games, call up a young guy so they get use to the NHL, so when you actually need them, or they make the team they will be that much more NHL ready.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With Vejdemo up and Leskinen down, the roster is at 22/23. If one of Kotkaniemi or Mete is ready to go at some point during the trip, they'll be at 23 roster spots. If both return, someone will have to be sent back down.

There are 7 defensemen now. If Mete returns, they'll be 8 again.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I actually think he has 4c ceiling

He has good speed, once thompson is gone we should stop signing vets and try a young guy there

Last edited:
Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
We are officially bush league.

upload_2019-12-16_12-50-39.jpeg

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Poor guy, joining the team on a Western trip right after a home loss to a bottom feeder. Supreme level of excitement.

Good luck to him, may he perform. I got nothing else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad