GDT: #14 - 11/4/13 | Anaheim Ducks @ New York Rangers | 7:30 PM - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
Ducks are incredibly top heavy. Limit Getzy and Perry and you've limited the Ducks. Take advantage of their god awful defense and PK. This is a winnable game.

LGR!
Ducks-fan and Norwegian Zuke fan coming in peace. Just wanted to point out that our "incredibly top heavy lineup (and awful defense)" is leading the league in ES F/A. You shouldn't underestimate our depth.

Also, some adjustments in our lineup. Holland is sent down to the minors, Rakell is recalled and will be in the lineup. Sbisa is also probably going to take Fistric's spot in the defense.

Good luck, this game is going to be a lot tighter than the last one for sure :)

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I hate to be "that guy" but I have a feeling we're in for a disappointment tonight.

I know we've all felt pretty good about this team lately but to put it in perspective we teams that we were supposed to beat. They've looked solid the last couple of games but I'm curious to see how they look against a good team now. If they can put up a strong showing then I like forward to seeing this team once Callu and Nash are back.

For now I will wait to see how they do against a good team.

Well, realistically in today's NHL, no matter who the competition is, I always expect to lose after winning 3 in a row. Laws of averages are against us. The important thing tonight, for me, is how the team plays. If the game is competitive and we lose a close one, I'll still be satisfied.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Well, realistically in today's NHL, no matter who the competition is, I always expect to lose after winning 3 in a row. Laws of averages are against us. The important thing tonight, for me, is how the team plays. If the game is competitive and we lose a close one, I'll still be satisfied.

I don't think you're any more likely to win or lose game 4 after a 3 game winning streak in a vacuum. If you take into account a better opponent and psychological factors such as overconfidence, maybe you're less likely to win. However, in a vacuum, I don't think just because you won 3 in a row you're more likely to lose the 4th game.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I don't think you're any more likely to win or lose game 4 after a 3 game winning streak in a vacuum. If you take into account a better opponent and psychological factors such as overconfidence, maybe you're less likely to win. However, in a vacuum, I don't think just because you won 3 in a row you're more likely to lose the 4th game.

I'm not going to dig up the numbers to prove it to you, but statistically speaking, I'm fairly certain you're wrong.

Just one example and the first I looked at. Last year the Bruins had 4 winning streaks of 3 games and just 1 of more than 3 games.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Larry Brooks @NYP_Brooksie
Appears as if Callahan is returning to NYR tonight v Anaheim. Miller looks to be healthy scratch.

Great to hear. But why is Miller the scratch? He hasn't been playing well at all, but he is still 3000 times better than Smashinter.

Boyle-Brassard-Callahan is a fantastic third line.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I thought Mashinter has been playing well lately. But I don't think he's necessary against the Ducks. They're not a very physical team.

Punxrocknyc19*

Larry Brooks @NYP_Brooksie
Appears as if Callahan is returning to NYR tonight v Anaheim. Miller looks to be healthy scratch.

like Pyatt would ever be the extra scratch with those stupid lazy penalties. he is part of the AV family :shakehead:help:

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Glad to hear Cally is back so soon.

Miller shouldn't be used as a spare forward - either send him down by the weekend or play him.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Mashinter gives you 8 mins on the 4th line and will drop em if needed... Totally different role than in what Miller should be in, besides, he wasnt bringing it the past few games. He needs to go back to Hartford to continue his maturartion process.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I thought Mashinter has been playing well lately. But I don't think he's necessary against the Ducks. They're not a very physical team.

I disagree. He got 4 minutes in his first two games and when AV doubled his TOI to 8 vs the Canes he responded by posting a 28.6 CF% against super soft competition.

Mashinter serves no purpose at all, and while Miller is probably better off in the AHL than on the 4th line, the 4th line is better than the press box.

Vidic15*

like Pyatt would ever be the extra scratch with those stupid lazy penalties. he is part of the AV family :shakehead:help:

Pyatt is the new whipping boy and he absolutely deserves it. Everybody in my section on Saturday was fed up with him. Stupid penalties; can't stay on-side.

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
I would have thought they'd drop Boyle to the 4th and sit mashinter

Either way, pleasantly surprised to have cally back tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->