Prospect Info: 139 OA - D Charles-Alexis Legault (Quinnipiac NCAA)

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
It's unfortunate that he did not opt to play for the Gatineau Olympiques.
Mainly due to the number of games QMJHL teams play in the regular season, his hockey development would probably be more advanced that it currently is.
On the other hand, he is a gifted student so his choice to go the NCAA route is understandable.

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77 and DaveG

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I'm on the record that hyphenated first name players should be avoided. I think it's risky. Are we getting Charles or are we getting Alexis? Very likely we have a chimera situation where Charles absorbed his twin Alexis in the womb.
Then he should have both the strength of a man and a fetus. That would make him practically unstoppable.

Having that kind of competitive edge has got to be against the rules.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
It's unfortunate that he did not opt to play for the Gatineau Olympiques.
Mainly due to the number of games QMJHL teams play in the regular season, his hockey development would probably be more advanced that it currently is.
On the other hand, he is a gifted student so his choice to go the NCAA route is understandable.
Not an unfair assessment since I didn't follow his pre-NCAA career, the flip side is that NCAA can be a better path for guys that are already physically advanced from a size standpoint and need to work on building strength and facing more physically mature competition.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
most of what I have heard and seen about legault is that the stats don't tell the story of how gifted this kid is as a skater and suppressor. he looks the part 100% of these "clone" guys we've been looking for with big bodies. some scouts rave about his skating for such a big man. he's going to be taking over a leadership role and prime minutes next season for a pretty depleted defense. this was one of those dumoulin, pesce, carson, slavin, etc. type of swings. tidy but not overly physical but great with entry zone denials and can skate out of trouble. that's the book as I see it.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
most of what I have heard and seen about legault is that the stats don't tell the story of how gifted this kid is as a skater and suppressor. he looks the part 100% of these "clone" guys we've been looking for with big bodies. some scouts rave about his skating for such a big man. he's going to be taking over a leadership role and prime minutes next season for a pretty depleted defense. this was one of those dumoulin, pesce, carson, slavin, etc. type of swings. tidy but not overly physical but great with entry zone denials and can skate out of trouble. that's the book as I see it.

Fair to say also one of those Martin, Alt, McKeown type swings as well?

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Fair to say also one of those Martin, Alt, McKeown type swings as well?
well, I was never sold on Martin or Alt as picks. Martin didn't have the hands from word go to survive in today's game and I said so at the time. You can't be a half court player to borrow a basketball term. Alt was much of the same. they were banking on some of his lax hand eye turning into puck skills but it never took. to me, the basis for the "clone" archetype is height, skating, and enough puck handling for it to not be embarrassing while hoping for development with experience in that regard. mckeown was a different animal. total offensive defenseman prospect when drafted but the skating never got to an acceptable threshold and he was smaller than the rest. he tried to go in reverse and become defensive after having been heavily offensive and that's a treacherous road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad