Prospect Info: Samuel Houde

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
He was hot early on last year as well for some reason QMJHL website doesn't show the detailed stats anymore. But regardless I can say his play is different from last year. It's early on but you can see there is some more jam and passion in his game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fixxer

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
He was hot early on last year as well for some reason QMJHL website doesn't show the detailed stats anymore. But regardless I can say he play is different from last year. It's early on but you can see there is some more jam and passion in his game.

He did say he compares his game to Drouin :naughty:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Houde is the comeback story I was least expecting this year
I tend to give very little credence to out of nowhere PPG offensive production when a prospect is already in his fourth season ( let's call it the Gabriel Dumont special ) but it's nice that he's putting up numbers. I guess he really wants that ELC.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
damn, Houde extends his points streak to 11 games, has 16 pts over that span.
Its early in the season, but with 17 pts in 11 games, Houde is basically producing at the pace Suzuki was producing last year in junior...

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Houde is the comeback story I was least expecting this year

after such a miserable fall off at the end of last year i completely wrote him off. nice to see the hot start. just hope he keeps it up. definitely rooting for him. kid had some of the diritiest dangles of any of our prospects. would be great if he could be a legit prospect.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He seems to have really improved his skating and seems much more confident

his skating was never an issue though, it was more his effort as he didn't move his feet enough and he was very inconsistent. Clearly he had the skill or he wouldn't have been a top 10 pick in the Q draft but just failed to live up to expectations until now as he's leading the team in scoring and is just inside the top 20 in the league in points.

I tend to give very little credence to out of nowhere PPG offensive production when a prospect is already in his fourth season ( let's call it the Gabriel Dumont special ) but it's nice that he's putting up numbers. I guess he really wants that ELC.

it's certainly something you have to take into consideration. Last year I went into the season thinking Walford was a no sign and then as he started to score goals I thought he would be signed due more to our weak LD prospects. But clearly management felt that he didn't progress enough. It's going to be very interesting to see what their plans are this off-season since we have so many players that need to be signed vs the prospects they might want to bring over/sign out of our Euro/NCAA guys.

Now that we have all these picks and prospects, there's only so much room so clearly we aren't going to be signing some guys despite what could be a lot of turnover among the 50 current contracts.

Its early in the season, but with 17 pts in 11 games, Houde is basically producing at the pace Suzuki was producing last year in junior...

Suzuki had a bit of a down year and then there's the playing for 2 different teams and he missed 9 games. With OS he put up a 1.5 ppg, with the storm he was at a 1.69 ppg, so if he played all year with the storm and played in every game at a 1.69 pp that would have been a career year with 115 pts.

Houde's at a 1.46 ppg so in the same number of games as Suzuki last year that would be 86 pts this year, which would put him at a little better then Teasdale last year but surely would be a very good season for him but would be a red flag in that he would have scored more points in his final season in the Q then he did in his 3 year career.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Samuel Houde was interviewed yesterday. With the signing of Hillis and MB saying he will most likely only sign one of the four CHL prospects, Bernier of Journal de Montréal reached out to him.

Houde says he isn't surprised that Hillis was signed. He had the best season of the four. He was expecting him to be signed.

He also says that he hasn't lost hope in being signed before June 1st. His last talks with the organization were positive and they told him that they haven't thrown in the towel.

But he is aware that they may not sign him and he'd re-enter the draft. And of course, he gives the typical answer of no matter what happens, he wants to prove himself that he deserves a contract, whether with Montreal or elsewhere.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Samuel Houde

“A flashy highly skilled offensive player who loves to pull off the highlight-reel plays. He’s a good skater who doesn’t always push the pace but rather sits back and glides with the play. His acceleration is really good he can reach top speeds within a couple of steps which helps him break away from defensive plays by opponents. He tends to move east-west rather than north-south and moves quite well laterally while maneuvering through defenders. Houde possesses an accurate wrist shot with great velocity that he can rattle off rather quickly. He uses his wrist shot or quick snapshot much more effectively than a slapshot. He likes to use defenders as screens or simply pull the puck either towards or away from him to change the angle of his release point. He has decent vision but doesn’t always utilize the full width of the ice when making plays. His playmaking abilities are more than fine as he can pull off high-end passes through sticks and skates or thread a saucer pass from blueline to blueline. Houde owns natural stick and puck handling abilities as evident through many of his one-on-one plays as mentioned he thrives to make the fancy dangles. His defensive game is cloudy as he doesn’t put enough effort in to get back defensively. He tends to stay stagnant and watch the play than to get involved.”

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

Samuel Houde was interviewed yesterday. With the signing of Hillis and MB saying he will most likely only sign one of the four CHL prospects, Bernier of Journal de Montréal reached out to him.

Houde says he isn't surprised that Hillis was signed. He had the best season of the four. He was expecting him to be signed.

He also says that he hasn't lost hope in being signed before June 1st. His last talks with the organization were positive and they told him that they haven't thrown in the towel.

But he is aware that they may not sign him and he'd re-enter the draft. And of course, he gives the typical answer of no matter what happens, he wants to prove himself that he deserves a contract, whether with Montreal or elsewhere.

I'm not aware of the intricacies of 2nd drafts. Could Montreal re-draft him? If so, could that be the plan they have ? :laugh:
Where can I see the list of 50 contracted players? I can't believe we have that much... there must be a bunch of useless dead weights in there?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm not aware of the intricacies of 2nd drafts. Could Montreal re-draft him? If so, could that be the plan they have ? :laugh:
Where can I see the list of 50 contracted players? I can't believe we have that much... there must be a bunch of useless dead weights in there?

CapFriendly is the best place to see all the info you need for contracts and prospects. And you can see how many contract spots are taken for next year and how many are available.

Technically, the Habs can re-draft him, and they would hold his rights for another two years.

But if he goes undrafted, they can then sign him to an AHL deal if they want to evaluate him some more to see if he is worth an ELC.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
CapFriendly is the best place to see all the info you need for contracts and prospects. And you can see how many contract spots are taken for next year and how many are available.

Technically, the Habs can re-draft him, and they would hold his rights for another two years.

But if he goes undrafted, they can then sign him to an AHL deal if they want to evaluate him some more to see if he is worth an ELC.

Thanks a lot! That would make more sense. I'm guessing that he would not be on the radar for many teams at his age and production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->