Prospect Info: Samuel Houde

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
But Teasdale bring more then offense, what Houde can’t do

if he can bring enough offense though I could see them signing him, putting him in the ECHL for a year. I assume they saw something good in him, clearly he's skilled since he went so high in the Q draft but I can't say in any of the games i've seen i've been impressed with his play. Doesn't move his feet enough, looks soft. If we had to take a Q player they should of looked at someone else, I would even pick Kotkov or Ducharme from his own team over him. I really like that Lapierre kid for the 2020 draft. He stood out in every game I saw, which isn't a lot but still was impressive.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
if he can bring enough offense though I could see them signing him, putting him in the ECHL for a year. I assume they saw something good in him, clearly he's skilled since he went so high in the Q draft but I can't say in any of the games i've seen i've been impressed with his play. Doesn't move his feet enough, looks soft. If we had to take a Q player they should of looked at someone else, I would even pick Kotkov or Ducharme from his own team over him. I really like that Lapierre kid for the 2020 draft. He stood out in every game I saw, which isn't a lot but still was impressive.

Ya Ducharme would have been a better pick and Hendrix Lapierre is solid yes

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He isn't actually AHL caliber at this point but whatever.

Can't say that with certainty. The kid does have skill. But his Junior season was disappointing, and mostly, inconsistent. He would go through many hot streaks, but a few cold streaks really dampened his season.

However, sometimes, a player disappointed at Junior and does well in the pros and vice versa. Also, this is an ATO. Not a contract. Habs have until June 2020 to sign him so he will be back at Chicoutimi next year no matter how good he does in the final number of games for Laval.

KKWG11

Nov 25, 2017
It was already known he was going to be released from his ATO. He joined Laval for a week to familiarize himself with the environment. But he hasn't finished school so he had to go back to finish his studies for the year.

Id drop out and try for that ELC

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“I was still under the emotions... It's was pleasure and a pride to wear the jersey of the team that I followed during my whole childhood. Really proud. We've learnt many things. Really the professionalisms stuffs it's something that the Canadiens had put the emphasis on it. It's the Montreal Canadiens everybody knows them everywhere through out the Quebec. When they saw the list they've been known that I was drafted by the Canadiens. For sure they saw what I've done. That's why I always need to give a great impression everywhere I go...”

“Not changing my style of play. Playing like I play usually. I'll stay simple... The fact of being drafted gave me a little bit confidence but with the summer I had known, a really great year of training. I felt more stronger.”

“I think I'm very smart player... It's my main quality... I'm a also responsible at both ends of the ice... That's why they drafted me... My qualities are my offensive abilities. Good speed and good vision. My offensive upside is what will contributing the most to the Sagueneens success.”

“In the long term, I could be like a Jonathan Drouin a little bit. The same style of play. I've to gain more muscular mass and confidence. It should be fine. Two years before I trained with Charles Hudon. I saw him, he played with the Montreal Canadiens. That's sure it's the type of players I know. The fact he was with Chicoutimi we talked a little bit. He gave me good advices. That's for sure he could be a model for me. To continue and really looking at his background. Like what he done, he went step by step.”

“There's much Europeans that have been drafted in the National Hockey League. There's much of them coming with a lot of abilities and speed. We got to adapt but there's a lot of players of the QMJH and Canada who're coming with this style of play too.”

“What making me good leader is that I'm someone who rises at the right time and who reacts well under pressure. I'm not a guy who talks a lot but reacting well in pressure situations. So I'd say that's why I'm a good leader...”

“My objectives for this year was to help developing our young guys and helping them to progress. I really wanted to be a good leader for our team. Even if I wanted to have good stats on a personal level, I mostly wanted to develop well for my future.”

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
“I was still under the emotions... It's was pleasure and a pride to wear the jersey of the team that I followed during my whole childhood. Really proud. We've learnt many things. Really the professionalisms stuffs it's something that the Canadiens had put the emphasis on it. It's the Montreal Canadiens everybody knows them everywhere through out the Quebec. When they saw the list they've been known that I was drafted by the Canadiens. For sure they saw what I've done. That's why I always need to give a great impression everywhere I go...”

“Not changing my style of play. Playing like I play usually. I'll stay simple... The fact of being drafted gave me a little bit confidence but with the summer I had known, a really great year of training. I felt more stronger.”

“I think I'm very smart player... It's my main quality... I'm a also responsible at both ends of the ice... That's why they drafted me... My qualities are my offensive abilities. Good speed and good vision. My offensive upside is what will contributing the most to the Sagueneens success.”

“In the long term, I could be like a Jonathan Drouin a little bit. The same style of play. I've to gain more muscular mass and confidence. It should be fine. Two years before I trained with Charles Hudon. I saw him, he played with the Montreal Canadiens. That's sure it's the type of players I know. The fact he was with Chicoutimi we talked a little bit. He gave me good advices. That's for sure he could be a model for me. To continue and really looking at his background. Like what he done, he went step by step.”

“There's much Europeans that have been drafted in the National Hockey League. There's much of them coming with a lot of abilities and speed. We got to adapt but there's a lot of players of the QMJH and Canada who're coming with this style of play too.”

“What making me good leader is that I'm someone who rises at the right time and who reacts well under pressure. I'm not a guy who talks a lot but reacting well in pressure situations. So I'd say that's why I'm a good leader...”

“My objectives for this year was to help developing our young guys and helping them to progress. I really wanted to be a good leader for our team. Even if I wanted to have good stats on a personal level, I mostly wanted to develop well for my future.”

are you a professional quoter?

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Lol at making me remember we drafted Houde last year. As I said at the time, if you really wanted a Q player you could have went for Xavier Bouchard, scored more points this season despite playing D and he is 6'4. There was no way Houde could have ever be the BPA there.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is Samuel Houde any good or his stats are just a product of him being a 19 year old on a good team?

I haven't seen much of him. But the times I saw him, you can see that he has skill. It may not be enough to take him to the NHL. But I think he is good enough for the AHL.

Last year, he had consistency issues. He'd go almost a PPG player for like a month and then disappear for the next month.

I've liked what I've seen from him, but I haven't watched him game in and game out to give you a full and fair opinion.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I haven't seen much of him. But the times I saw him, you can see that he has skill. It may not be enough to take him to the NHL. But I think he is good enough for the AHL.

Last year, he had consistency issues. He'd go almost a PPG player for like a month and then disappear for the next month.

I've liked what I've seen from him, but I haven't watched him game in and game out to give you a full and fair opinion.
Thanks
IIRC he startedhot last year too

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Is Samuel Houde any good or his stats are just a product of him being a 19 year old on a good team?

He's got skill for sure, he was an 8th OA pick in the Q but just never seemed to live up to it. I haven't seen him this year yet but last year I saw some things I liked in terms of skill but he played a soft game and didn't move his feet enough. I hope to see him a few times this year so we'll see how things go for him.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He's got skill for sure, he was an 8th OA pick in the Q but just never seemed to live up to it. I haven't seen him this year yet but last year I saw some things I liked in terms of skill but he played a soft game and didn't move his feet enough. I hope to see him a few times this year so we'll see how things go for him.

Looking a lot better this year from what I've seen.. so, good on him.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
stick-handling can be impressive for sure. I've seen him pull some of the best dekes from our prospects. I'm not holding out hope though. Good start.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Houde’s number for an NHL draft pick are atrocious. Another Olivier Archambault waste of a pick
Archambault had possibly "somewhere/somehow" potential, although struggling to meet expectations of being picked 1st overall in the QJMHL draft.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
one good sign so far in the very early stages of the season is how consistent he's been, which was a problem for him last year but so far this year he has points in every game but 1. If they found a way to get him to be more involved in the play, get his nose dirty, move his feet more and he can consistently put up points then maybe he can do enough to get a contract this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad