Prospect Info: Samuel Houde

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
To justify this pick I am hearing that he is skilled, but didn't had the opportunity to perform on his team and/or things simply didn't clicked for him this season; he had 7G-7A PP points which is 3rd highest forward on his team, he did have the ice time. And to me, his previous numbers don't indicate in any way that he is a better player than his current numbers indicate. His QMAAA numbers were pretty poor if you compare them to the other players drafted from the Q in the draft, even compared to the other forward from the Q drafted below him in Mathias Laferrière who tear up the league in the playoff, on top of being slightly taller and younger, and I am not even high on Laferriere whatsoever.

As stated by others, heavily doubt he was the BPA, same player but in the WHL not called Houde, no way he gets drafted by us in the 5th or at any other selection for that matter IMO.

Him and Brett Stapley, can someone tell me what they project at exactly at the NHL level if things go well, because I simply can't see it.

If they absolutely wanted to please the fans with a Q player, they easily could have went with Bouchard there, he actually was a good value pick at that position IMO, but also according to the list of most scouting agencies.

Personally, I just think he has not turned on the extra gear. I'm hoping for a big breakthrough season offensively. I don't think it was due to a lack of ice time that his production was lack-luster, but rather that he has not developed as fast as people expected. Clearly, we bought the kid at a "low" price, we'll see if the price was justified in a few years.

I've got to admit though that after getting the confirmation from HockeyProspect's Jérome Bérubé that Houde was not even on their list, I'm getting a tad worried about the kid. In my opinion he's one of the best 'Q scout scout that publicly publishes his reports.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
just got done watching a playoff game from 3-27, Houde had 2 pts, 1g 1a. His assist wasn't anything special and his goal he scored by going to the net hard and getting better position as he had a tap in to make it 3-2 late in the 3rd. On the PP during face-offs they had him on the point but then he wouldn't stay there, that seemed kind of strange. He had one really good defensive play where he blocked a shot when his goalie was down so likely saved a goal. I wasn't too impressed with him, he doesn't seem to have a high motor, needs to keep his feet moving more and not coast as much. Interested to see what kind of season he has.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
just got done watching a playoff game from 3-27, Houde had 2 pts, 1g 1a. His assist wasn't anything special and his goal he scored by going to the net hard and getting better position as he had a tap in to make it 3-2 late in the 3rd. On the PP during face-offs they had him on the point but then he wouldn't stay there, that seemed kind of strange. He had one really good defensive play where he blocked a shot when his goalie was down so likely saved a goal. I wasn't too impressed with him, he doesn't seem to have a high motor, needs to keep his feet moving more and not coast as much. Interested to see what kind of season he has.

Yeah we'll wait and see...but I've also watched quite a few games he played and he never struck me as a dynamic player indeed. Not a fan of Audette...and believe that Audette was a better pick than Houde was....but while the first ship has sailed....the great thing is that development plays a huge role....either way. Let's hope it's the HIGH way for Houde.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watching the game tonight vs the Mooseheads. I haven't followed the Q in the past few years but do these teams have some kind of history? It's not a physical game but lots of pushing/shoving after the whistle.

Houde has an assist that he got on a 5 on 3 PP, he got waived out of the FO and dropped back to the point and pushed it over to the Russian blueliner who then setup the goal. Overall so far he's not moving his feet much at all, really likes to coast, so it's hard to say if he needs to be quicker cause he just doesn't seem to be skating hard most of the time. Looks kind of small out there as well.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So Houde scores :30 seconds in the period but I missed it as I was just putting it back on.

He had a breakaway in OT but couldn't score, the moose scored shortly after that to win the game. 5-4.

Last edited:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Really impress with what he does this year ! He shows alote of skills ! I think he can dominate the league next year with probably one of the best team in the league in Chicoutimi

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Really impress with what he does this year ! He shows alote of skills ! I think he can dominate the league next year with probably one of the best team in the league in Chicoutimi

that would be good, I really like that Hendrix Lapierre kid, he's impressed me each time I've watched the Sags this year for a 16 year old. Ducharme has been good too, wonder if he gets drafted after getting passed over last summer. They sure have some talent on that team with Kniazev, Houde and Rochette as well. But I think Houde needs to be better, he seems to coast a lot and needs to move his feet more. But he was an 8th overall pick for a reason, so hopefully he picks up a bit over this season and next.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
that would be good, I really like that Hendrix Lapierre kid, he's impressed me each time I've watched the Sags this year for a 16 year old. Ducharme has been good too, wonder if he gets drafted after getting passed over last summer. They sure have some talent on that team with Kniazev, Houde and Rochette as well. But I think Houde needs to be better, he seems to coast a lot and needs to move his feet more. But he was an 8th overall pick for a reason, so hopefully he picks up a bit over this season and next.

And they have the rights for the Dobson trade ! So they will habe alote for him in a compenation trade

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
4 pt night today, his first 4 pt game of the season. He's had 3 3 pt games before this. His numbers aren't impressive at all especially for a former top 10 pick in the Q. But he's got career highs in games, assists and points. Hopefully next year he can breakout as the team has a few good 16 year olds that should help the team more next season.

He needs to be more consistent,

33 games - 0 pts
25 games - 38 pts

what really hurt him is 3 pts in 16 games from 10-26 to 12-9. Since then he's got 23 pts in 29 games.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
he will probably be not sign … not even on of the best player of Chicoutimi and they are not a powerhouse

too early to say, last year many had written off Walford in terms of getting signed as he had just 2 goals in 69 games. Now it looks like he will get signed although it helps that LD is our biggest weakness.

I'll wait and see how it goes for him next year, if he doesn't show a lot of improvement then he likely won't be signed.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Houde’s number for an NHL draft pick are atrocious. Another Olivier Archambault waste of a pick

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Houde’s number for an NHL draft pick are atrocious. Another Olivier Archambault waste of a pick

The funny thing is his numbers are worse at 17 and 18 then Teasdale's were at 17/18 yet one gets drafted and the other doesn't. I know it's just a 5th round pick but it makes me wonder what they see in one kid to pick him and don't see in another. Granted we'll see how the season ends up for Houde that 4 pt game really helped pushed his stats up as he was just at 32 pts in 55 games but then rattled off 6 pts in 3 games.

So next year if he can come close to what Teasdale is doing this year with the 40g (most likely since he's 1 away) and 75+ pts (he's got 20 pts in his last 12)

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The funny thing is his numbers are worse at 17 and 18 then Teasdale's were at 17/18 yet one gets drafted and the other doesn't. I know it's just a 5th round pick but it makes me wonder what they see in one kid to pick him and don't see in another. Granted we'll see how the season ends up for Houde that 4 pt game really helped pushed his stats up as he was just at 32 pts in 55 games but then rattled off 6 pts in 3 games.

So next year if he can come close to what Teasdale is doing this year with the 40g (most likely since he's 1 away) and 75+ pts (he's got 20 pts in his last 12)
Teasdale really broke out this year. I hope he pans out

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

But Teasdale bring more then offense, what Houde can’t do

Reactions: Tyson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad