130pt Kucherov = 2nd best season since lockout?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
What matter is overall (positive) impact on the game.

Agreed and I'd take both Pavel Datsyuk and his 82-31-66-97 plus 41 and Henrik Zetterberg 75-43-49-92 plus 30 line in 07-08 as total overall impact players.

Nobody cares if a player is "bad" defensively if that player is godlike offensively. And OV in 07-08 is (arguably) the most dominant performance in that regard over the course of a full season.

Yes in terms of goal scoring but in terms of total offensive output it wasn't godlike like Gretzky was for a lot of his career and Mario for some.

Orr would be the best post expansion example of a godlike player offensively but it doesn't fit here because he was a very good defensive player as well.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Agreed and I'd take both Pavel Datsyuk and his 82-31-66-97 plus 41 and Henrik Zetterberg 75-43-49-92 plus 30 line in 07-08 as total overall impact players.
While I'm aware relative stats don't tell the whole thing (I haven studied nor seen a studied about how easier or harder it is to have high rel stats when the rest of your team is either good or bad at it), but OV did have a higher goal share (GF%) than Datsyuk and Zetterberg at 5v5 (and considerably more in all situations, but that's not fair to Datsyuk and Zetterberg as they played the PK while OV was literally always on the PP).

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
While I'm aware relative stats don't tell the whole thing (I haven studied nor seen a studied about how easier or harder it is to have high rel stats when the rest of your team is either good or bad at it), but OV did have a higher goal share (GF%) than Datsyuk and Zetterberg at 5v5 (and considerably more in all situations, but that's not fair to Datsyuk and Zetterberg as they played the PK while OV was literally always on the PP).

Fair enough,I'm just more a fan of complete players and it would be very interesting to see how bergeron would do if he has a healthy season soon, like next year.

Kucherov is a bit like Claude giroux to me puts up lots of points but maybe nt as good as his points suggest.

But then again Giroux does take faceoffs so that's a poor example.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Kucherov is absolutely killing it. Could put up one of the greatest seasons in modern history at this rate. He is holding McDavid off...not easy to do.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Ovechkin was better in 07-08 and 08-09 than he was in 09-10. 09/10 the capitals were way more stacked and were a pure offensive run and gun team. The biggest since the 05 lockout

Yeah they were more stacked and he scored at a higher pace, doesn't really make him worse. From 2007-10 Ovechkin was more or less the same player but yeah I think you have to give 07-08 the edge for 65 goals with the next highest in points being rookie Backstrom with 69.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad