Prospect Info: #13 Nico Hischier:"I love to hockey" Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
i don't have anything to add to the conversation right now, i just think this should be on the first page of any nico thread.

Taylor+Hall+New+York+Rangers+v+New+Jersey+jiiUr3h5xNNl.jpg

giphy.gif

josiesque

Oct 15, 2015
I thought you guys had it already sorted out since the video got posted longer time ago. But I sure can translate it if you still want me to. I'm going through it tonight.

Reactions: Verdoux

josiesque

Oct 15, 2015
Well, ok, they're in the Postfinance Arena, homebase of the SC Berne, where Nico played before he went abroad.
So, at the beginning the speaker says that even for a talented young player like Nico, suffering during workouts is part of the sumertraining and that the work he's doing now, is the basis for his 2nd season for the Devils.

Nico: I already have a few weeks behind me and i like it here. It's always a good athmosphere and i feel very well.

Speaker explains, that in contrary to the swiss clubs, NHL players are self-responsible for their sumertraining and their respective "homeworks" they got from their coaches. During the Video, Nico is the only player there but this sumer he also often works with Yannick Rathgeb who will play in NA next season too. Then they switch to his personal coach while explaining, that for young players, support from a fitness coach seems to be import.

Coach: Especially for young players without many years of experience in working "1 on 1" or even alone, that's not what Nico is used to so it's good for him, that he has someone helping and telling him "come on, let's do one more". But he has that inner drive and gives his best all the time and wants to go the extra mile. Even if i say we're leaving that one out, Nico is the one saying, naaa, come on, lets do it nevertheless.

Speaker: During his first full NHL season, he convinced people not only with his skills, he also made a good impression physically with participating in ever game of his team. So there's no reason to change his preparation this year compared to past years.

Nico: They just told me to work like last year, they liked what i did, just no big changes. Don't do too much that would lead to maybe lose other stuff (of your game). Just do what you did last year.

Speaker: Gaining some weight (muscles) is always a thing for hockeyplayers during sumerbreak. But strength isn't everything, for a hockeyplayer also technic skills and coordination is important. To find the right balance of all those parts is the gamebreaker.

Coach: We work 5 days followed by 3 days where we concentrate on hockey specific things. Now in the actual phase we're really working on muscle growth where we try to reach the target and we're going to evaluate in a few weeks how it went.

Speaker: Nico wants to gain 2 to 3 kg of muscles (4.4 lb to 6.6 lb), so until he heads back to NJ, there will be a lot sweating. Nico certainly loves it more to be on the ice, but he also knows that the more he works during the offseason, the easier it will be on the ice afterwards (means, when the season begins). The End. :)

Now i'm even more hungry for hockey. Drop the puck already!

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Well, ok, they're in the Postfinance Arena, homebase of the SC Berne, where Nico played before he went abroad.
So, at the beginning the speaker says that even for a talented young player like Nico, suffering during workouts is part of the sumertraining and that the work he's doing now, is the basis for his 2nd season for the Devils.

Nico: I already have a few weeks behind me and i like it here. It's always a good athmosphere and i feel very well.

Speaker explains, that in contrary to the swiss clubs, NHL players are self-responsible for their sumertraining and their respective "homeworks" they got from their coaches. During the Video, Nico is the only player there but this sumer he also often works with Yannick Rathgeb who will play in NA next season too. Then they switch to his personal coach while explaining, that for young players, support from a fitness coach seems to be import.

Coach: Especially for young players without many years of experience in working "1 on 1" or even alone, that's not what Nico is used to so it's good for him, that he has someone helping and telling him "come on, let's do one more". But he has that inner drive and gives his best all the time and wants to go the extra mile. Even if i say we're leaving that one out, Nico is the one saying, naaa, come on, lets do it nevertheless.

Speaker: During his first full NHL season, he convinced people not only with his skills, he also made a good impression physically with participating in ever game of his team. So there's no reason to change his preparation this year compared to past years.

Nico: They just told me to work like last year, they liked what i did, just no big changes. Don't do too much that would lead to maybe lose other stuff (of your game). Just do what you did last year.

Speaker: Gaining some weight (muscles) is always a thing for hockeyplayers during sumerbreak. But strength isn't everything, for a hockeyplayer also technic skills and coordination is important. To find the right balance of all those parts is the gamebreaker.

Coach: We work 5 days followed by 3 days where we concentrate on hockey specific things. Now in the actual phase we're really working on muscle growth where we try to reach the target and we're going to evaluate in a few weeks how it went.

Speaker: Nico wants to gain 2 to 3 kg of muscles (4.4 lb to 6.6 lb), so until he heads back to NJ, there will be a lot sweating. Nico certainly loves it more to be on the ice, but he also knows that the more he works during the offseason, the easier it will be on the ice afterwards (means, when the season begins). The End. :)

Now i'm even more hungry for hockey. Drop the puck already!
thanks for the hard work!

Reactions: My3Sons

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
maybe to kill time, we talk about in season organization? so, less threads like these (individual players) and more ones like NJD Offense Threads, NJD Defense Threads, etc. maybe one for Coaching, one for Special Teams? between zacha, nico, bratt, butcher...it’s a shitshow by mid season. just my 2 cents.

that said, obviously some trades/signings warrant an individual player thread. i just don’t think we need a nico thread anymore, and we could avoid the clusterf*** if we cut ones like this out or closed them after a week or whatever. anything else nico-related should be in the Offense thread with zacha and whoever.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Is it really a cluster****? I mean, there is more space on the first page of threads than we currently use. It's not like active threads are getting pushed to the second page. I think it's more of a cluster when you have 5 different, active conversations in the same thread.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
but ee, how can one look like an ass in an environment in which everyone is equally an ass?

anyway, i expect continued upward trajectory from yung nico. he will ideally play an even greater percentage of his minutes alongside hallsy and magic will happen.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad