GDT: #13|New York Islanders @ Ottawa Senators|November 1st |This Is The End| F S/O 5-4

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
Cappy seemed like he was beside himself with how the defense played after the rags game. Talking about a possible call-up....im assuming he was blowing smoke at this point, has anyone heard anytging in regards to a call up? And i do not watch the bridge, who should be the call up?

Go Isles! Hope we right the ship tonight!!!!

The only way I see that happening is by tossing the captain overboard (Crapuano obviously, not JT. Anyway using the ship analogy the captain would be the head coach not the skater on the ice wearing the "C")

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
My feeling is that the better result long term for this team would be coughing up a 2 goal lead in the final two minutes, lose in the first minute of OT, and have Crapuano's head roll as a direct result. As in, I feel like this team would have a better chance of making the playoffs if we lost tonight with Crapuano losing his job as a result, than winning only to have Crapuano stick around to lose us more games that we would have won if not for his utter incompetence. (Better still would be to win tonight and fire Crapuano anyway, but unfortunately I have the feeling that if we win that Crappy would get a reprieve for a couple of games at least, meaning that even if we win we still lose :madfire:)

Or maybe he pulls the same **** that he pulled against Buffalo but we manage to pull it out in OT or the shootout, but Snow still decides he's seen enough of Crappy. However, well over 20 years of being both an Islanders and a Mets fan has pretty much drilled it into my head never to get my hopes up about these things.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
We find out tonight what kind of team this is. Do we have fight? Can we go on the road and win a very winnable game? With the division completely tightening up, we can either start to fall off completely or still show were for real. Defense has to play better and JT has to start finding the twine.

4-3 Isles in OT after yet another blown lead.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Only problem in pairing Hickey with Hamonic is you can't put your two best D together when we're so thin without Visnovsky.

Martinek - Amac - Carkner - Donovan. They'll get scored on even more.

That said, even though Lubo and Hickey have been very good together, with Hammer's new propensity to carry the puck in deep and take more shots - I'd love to see him with either Lubo or Hickey in the future once our D gets healthy as a #1 pair. Balances out size better as well.

NineHoleGoal

Jul 7, 2011
Take PMB out of the lineup, put Nelson on the 3rd line with Cizikas and Clutterbuck. Put Grabs on the 2nd line playing with Bailey and Nielsen. If Okposo doesn't play well, switch Bailey and Okposo. 4th line should be Martin-Regin-McDonald.

Hit the net on the great scoring chances please.

Don't chase the puck.

Reduce the turnovers.

If they lose, I'm changing my avatar again.

Agree 100%, the roster moves you described are so painfully obvious to me. Why would you reduce Grabner's TOI and throw him with grinders that can't hit him with a pass up ice? He was money until Crapuano put him on the 3rd line.

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
Really wanna win this one, gotta friend who is an Ottawa Senator fan, I'll never hear the end of it. Hopefully we bounce back and play some really good hockey. I gotta decent feeling this game will have a lot of goals.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Only problem in pairing Hickey with Hamonic is you can't put your two best D together when we're so thin without Visnovsky.

Martinek - Amac - Carkner - Donovan. They'll get scored on even more.

That said, even though Lubo and Hickey have been very good together, with Hammer's new propensity to carry the puck in deep and take more shots - I'd love to see him with either Lubo or Hickey in the future once our D gets healthy as a #1 pair. Balances out size better as well.

Hickey is not better than Amac. Hickey, like Amac cannot handle playing 25+ minutes a night.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Hickey is not better than Amac. Hickey, like Amac cannot handle playing 25+ minutes a night.

Right now, player wise that's debatable. Minutes wise, you're correct. But Hickey's getting stronger and will be able to take on more minutes in the future.

What Hickey probably can't do is play against the other team's top line. Hammer/Amac can't even do it right now.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
Tonight will hopefully be Vanek's "arrival."

Since I get the 'pleasure' of living adulthood with a Halloween birthday, I always inevitably annex November 1st.

I want a 6-2 victory this year. Go Isles.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Right now, player wise that's debatable. Minutes wise, you're correct. But Hickey's getting stronger and will be able to take on more minutes in the future.

What Hickey probably can't do is play against the other team's top line. Hammer/Amac can't even do it right now.

Hamonic is without a doubt our best defenseman, when Viz is healthy I would like to see him with Hamonic, and Amac-Hickey together playing ~18-20 minutes a night. Hickey is probably playing better right now, but it's tough to say when Amac is being burned out against top players every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad