GDT: #13|New York Islanders @ Ottawa Senators|November 1st |This Is The End| F S/O 5-4

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Therein lies the rub....there is no better kid to call up. We already have Donovan's rookie mistakes looking horrific and he was deemed the most NHL ready. Right now it looks like we have to either wait for Viz (any return date given) or Strait (IMO that doesn't really help us incrementally) or hope for a good NHL defenseman via trade for us to be looking at a playoff caliber team, nevermind a contender. Its still early and maybe someone makes a quantum leap to right the ship. Either way, just win tonight boys !!!

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Ottawa has had an interesting year thus far, they have very high expectations for this team and they have been in a downfall as of late. They had a players only meeting and the lines have been completely changed. If we beat Ottawa tonight they may make some trades to shake up the team.

Ottawa has had a really tough schedule this year. You are right though, they are not playing at the desired level.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Three things I'd like to see:

1) Swap Bailey and Okposo
2) If Cappy doesn't want Grabner on the 2nd line, at least try Nelson there(BN-FN-KO)
3) Play Hickey with Hamonic

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc

2) If Cappy doesn't want Grabner on the 2nd line, at least try Nelson there(BN-FN-KO)

while i agree with all 3 points, we will likely be disappinted with all 3

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I will be missing this game only can listen on radio tonight.

I don't even know what to expect anymore this team is so up and down.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008

I agree. And unlike enigmatic, I think isles fans would be happy with all these moves.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
this_is_the-end.jpg

I hope to see a sense of urgency tonight...That is all.

MDIsles

New Era
Oct 24, 2011
DE Beaches for now
I will be missing this game as well. Attending Sixers @ Wiz to see my other crappy team lose.

No idea how the Isles fare tonight but I'd say a loss looks likely, followed up by another loss v. the B's tomorrow. I could/hope I am wrong.

Let's see do I stay away from nhl gcl on my iphone and watch on replay with no idea who won, when I get back to the crib OR do I just watch on my phone during small intervals when my Sixers are getting crushed...

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
i meant we will be disappointed as in loser capuano wont make the moves...

apologies. I thought you meant the moves wouldn't help much. Which may also be true, by the way. But they seem to make sense, players that complement one another more, but Capuano doesn't seem to like change.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
apologies. I thought you meant the moves wouldn't help much. Which may also be true, by the way. But they seem to make sense, players that complement one another more, but Capuano doesn't seem to like change.

yup, bailey with JT and Vanek makes too much sense....IMO just as good as okposo in the corners but a EXTREMELY better passer to set up two guys who can and will finish...i would mind hickey with hamonic but i dont think its as necessary as the bailey move....either way our defense is in absolute shambles

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Does anybody think that Poulin will get a start in a non-back-to-back? I think I know the answer, and it is kind of ridiculous.

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
We really need a win tonight. It would suck to lose yet another game. Hopefully Vanek and Tavares have a better game, these practices probably helped.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Does anybody think that Poulin will get a start in a non-back-to-back? I think I know the answer, and it is kind of ridiculous.

nope, i think its kind of ridiculous too, but until we start playing better we need to put our "number 1" goalie out there to get us off the ropes...

ML19

Nov 21, 2011
Long Island
this is my first time on HF boards since that miserable loss to the Rangers. I don't know what to expect tonight, but I know what to expect for the rest of the season if our defense doesn't improve.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Lehner in and much different line up for Ottawa.

http://senators.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=22146#115

Ottawa Senators

Forwards

Conacher - Spezza - Neil

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan

Michalek - Smith - Zibanejad

Greening - Grant - Condra

Defence

Phillips - Karlsson

Wiercioch - Methot

Cowen - Gryba

Goaltenders

Lehner

Anderson

Neil on 1st line, time to move Clutter up = )

Edit: all updated on page 1

Last edited:

Axe Man

Sponsor
Jul 31, 2009
Nearby
Nice GDT. After watching the last game against the Rags I think the Isles should just keep 5 forwards on the ice at all times. Defensemen are overrated and may eventually become obsolete.

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
The song I thought of when I read the title:

I'm not going to be able to watch this one, unfortunately. I'm hoping that with a few days of practice under their belts, Vanek and JT will show glimpses of the magic we are all hoping to see out of them going forward.

Isles 4, Sens 3 after Isles squander most of a 4-2 lead in the 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad