GDT: #13| New Jersey Devils @ New York Islanders | November 3rd | 7:00 PM | F/W 3-0

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
I think we played a very solid period and they might have more talent but we played hard and certainly had our chances.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Pulock had a lane there.

Beau is a liability now, I think it’s a confidence thing w him.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Pulock had a lane there.

Beau is a liability now, I think it’s a confidence thing w him.

This is year three figure it out or eff off. I would honestly send him down. Maybe Bellows just needs linemates? At least he can win boards battles and has a shot.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Gotta wonder when Pulock moves up on the PP1...Leddy's only asset is covered with Barzy and we need a hard shot from the point to open up space and create some rebounds for the Captain

Reactions: IslandersGER

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Agreed. Lifting that pass on the PP that high was a pretty clear sign of nerves/gripping the stick too tight.

Yep. And he’s losing the puck on his stick a lot, stickhandling etc.

He had a strong preseason, thought he would build off of that.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Yeah, I don't really get it either, but he needs to relax and get back to playing a smart simple game. The points will come.

Do you think he should be sent down if this goes on for a few more weeks?

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Gotta wonder when Pulock moves up on the PP1...Leddy's only asset is covered with Barzy and we need a hard shot from the point to open up space and create some rebounds for the Captain
Some people want to trade Leddy but Boychuk is playing like a maniac this year and there have been several times I wondered if he'd get back up after he was boarded or diving on the ice. I don't know if he can keep it up without an injury.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Do you think he should be sent down if this goes on for a few more weeks?
I've been wondering the same, and don't have a good answer. Could be a good way to rebuild his confidence, but that could also hurt his confidence short term more and take a while to work. Hoping he gets a few lucky bounces that turn into points and that takes care of it. But it could be necessary. And it did seem to help last year.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I've been wondering the same, and don't have a good answer. Could be a good way to rebuild his confidence, but that could also hurt his confidence short term more and take a while to work. Hoping he gets a few lucky bounces that turn into points and that takes care of it. But it could be necessary.

I’m also not sure if it’s best to ‘demote’ him to the bottom 6. Should be grooming him for top 6, he can get that at Bridge.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
The puck management is still as bad as it’s been in the past, but the structure is bailing them out.

When they can manage the puck better/or get players who can, they will be much better and the shot quantity and quality will improve.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Some people want to trade Leddy but Boychuk is playing like a maniac this year and there have been several times I wondered if he'd get back up after he was boarded or diving on the ice. I don't know if he can keep it up without an injury.

Boychuk to me is what he is, wins some board battles, sacrificing his body and occasionally drop the mitts when needed. Speed of the game exposes him often but if I had a choice of either him or Leddy in the D zone, I'm picking #55 every time.

Leddy to me hasn't been using his speed much this year, in which case he really limits what he's here to do. Leddy on the PP would be good for the 2nd unit, he could be the zone entry guy, whereas Barzy is that guy already for the 1st unit

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Dal Colle with another goal tn. PPG player so far. Good for him. Maybe a late bloomer?

I’m thinking he may get a look sooner or later with the way Beauvillier has been playing.

Makes some sense knowing they didn’t recall Kuhnhackl after sendinrg Gibson down.

Reactions: SI90

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->