GDT: #13| New Jersey Devils @ New York Islanders | November 3rd | 7:00 PM | F/W 3-0

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Great pics on Facebook of the NYI alumni get together for the game. Awesome to see Kenny Jonsson in town.

Yep, and Pierre Turgeon. Bringing back some of the non-dynasty "A-listers" is good small PR step to establish a meaningful culture. It's small, no doubt but it adds up I believe.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Go grab 2 more points!!

By the way, what's with the blowfish? Your picture, the banner? Feels like some kind of secret society illuminati symbol is underfoot...

EDIT: Thanks for the response below PK Cronin. Sad indeed.

Last edited:

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006

Thanks PK. A great shame; her passing. A smaller shame that I missed that post. This summer has made me more likely to gaze over and avoid threads not on the Islanders board.

Two very close family and friends of my wife died of breast cancer. While one close friend of mine survived a serious stage four esophageal cancer another family friend died quickly after a diagnosis of Colon cancer.

Didn't mean to take the game thread on a tangent... but to everyone here, please don't skip out on your physicals.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Thanks PK. A great shame; her passing. A smaller shame that I missed that post. This summer has made me more likely to gaze over and avoid threads not on the Islanders board.

Two very close family and friends of my wife died of breast cancer. While one close friend of mine survived a serious stage four esophageal cancer another family friend died quickly after a diagnosis of Colon cancer.

Didn't mean to take the game thread on a tangent... but to everyone here, please don't skip out on your physicals.

I'm pretty sure that's the reason for his avatar, but I haven't asked specifically. It is why the logo on HF Boards changed and why there are bunch of similarly used avatars floating around. Definitely a terrible thing for people to experience on all sides.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Hopefully NYI riding the hot hand in Greiss.

NJD played NYI well last year.

If NYI is flat, they’ll be outworked and shredded in the skating dept. NJD are fast and attack in waves.

norwegianislander

May 9, 2009
Hamar, Norway
Feel like a let down coming, but that might just be the 16 years of hurt as an Isles fan speaking, but it's natural to lower your game after two matches like the Pittsburgh games. PROVE ME WRONG , ISLES!

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
I thought the second game of the home and home with Pitt was going to be a big let down and we prevailed. We can keep games close and come away with points against anyone. I'll take an OTL tonight and still feel decent.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I understand Trotz philosophy of quality over
Quantity but in hockey I always believe there is no such thing as a bad shot. You never know what deflections or rebounds you may get.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I just want to see them come out and play well. Too often NYI teams of the past would come out after two back to back wins like that and be completely flat losing the game in the first period. They need to keep the pressure on and not buy into the hype, a bad couple games erases everything good they have done in the past week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad