13 guys at the optional?

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
I am starting to think one of the biggest issues we are having is heart and effort. I mean yeah they are playing like dog **** but that’s because there is no will or heart to play well.

I’m sorry but 13 guys at an optional is beyond frustrating. The only man who should even think about taking a day is ROR. I don’t know if I have ever been so close to saying **** it. Tear the team down and rebuild.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
meh...guys know their bodies and after playing one-third of the season i'm sure they've accumulated enough damage to give the body a full day off. Missing an "optional" practice isn't that big of a deal if they're using that time to review film or spend extra time getting treatment. They're likely still going to play slower, softer and stupider than their opponent, regardless of the extra on-ice practice time.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Is it optional or not? If its optional, then players should do what they think allows them to be best prepared to play. If they're just skipping so they can play Fortnite, we may have a problem.

Anyway, I don't think taking attendance at an optional skate tells me much about the mentality of the team. I think watching them take the ice last night says volumes more. They had poor body language, and looked like a team waiting for something bad to happen during the game.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
We have no proven winners on our team. Not a single one.

For the record I'm not saying this because they skipped an optional skate, but I really think it's a significant point. I just wonder what guys are leading by example in terms of work ethic and training. I hear in interviews how some players work so hard off the ice that it forces everyone to work harder just by association.

And if we don't have one of those guys then how do we get one?

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I heard the other half were on the way to the rink but O’Reilley was driving the bus and they crashed along the way... Blame ROR.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
The guys who didn’t skate do video sessions, therapy for injuries, and off ice workouts. Every player on the team was doing something they needed to do today. Just because they don’t skate during an optional practice doesn’t mean they are at home eating Apple Jacks on the couch.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
The guys who didn’t skate do video sessions, therapy for injuries, and off ice workouts. Every player on the team was doing something they needed to do today. Just because they don’t skate during an optional practice doesn’t mean they are at home eating Apple Jacks on the couch.

Where did you verify that at? I’m sorry but our play and record indicate they are at home eating Apple Jacks on the couch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad