13-14 Prospects Thread Version XIX: Leafs in the WJC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
Gaut reminds me more of PBR. You can get em for 2 bucks at times, doesn't taste the best, but it gets the job done.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
He and Drouin were great last night. 2 notches above anyone else IMO. HM to Hudon(too bad he is a Hab)
It's nice having Drouin here in Halifax still but he almost looks bored on the ice. He's a mile ahead of most other players on the Moose, it's a shame he can't play in the AHL.

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
I really don't care about Detroit draft picks. I care about Leafs' draft picks. But since we're at it, since 2004 when they got Johan Fransen, Detroit's most successful pick to date is Darren Helm (career 34 goals, 87 points). I know that HF is all about counting chickens before they hatch.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Brown with 1G 2A today in a wild 9-6 win over Kitchener. Still #1 in scoring in the OHL, teammate Dane Fox only 3 points behind him (how has no one signed him yet).

Heres a video of the goals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmRNba20rEU

So are Brown and McDavid no longer playing together? It seemed every goal McDavid was on for Brown wasn't and vice versa. Also should Toronto take a shot at signing Fox? He is only 3 months older than Brown and has been putting up impressive numbers? Any insight from someone who has watched him play?

mikebel111*

Finn with an apple in a 9 to 3 win

Looks like doesnt feel like getting points

Lol

Sarcasm

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
So are Brown and McDavid no longer playing together? It seemed every goal McDavid was on for Brown wasn't and vice versa. Also should Toronto take a shot at signing Fox? He is only 3 months older than Brown and has been putting up impressive numbers? Any insight from someone who has watched him play?

no, Brown and McDavid still play together. It got mixed up the other night against Guelph in the third because we couldn't get anything going but it was back to normal today. The top line is Fox-McDavid-Brown. Top powerplay unit is McDavid-Fox-Burakovsky, Brown-Pelech (generally use an umbrella setup with Pelech on the point). Fox didn't get drafted in his original draft year because of off-ice issues. Last season he missed the entire first half due to a foot injury and got passed over for re-entry, which didn't surprise. Someone is going to take a shot at signing him. Yes I'd say his numbers are boosted from playing on such a great line but even so 23 goals in 23 games is pretty ridiculous. He's a very good goal scorer but he brings grit to that line. Strong kid and he gets in people faces and likes to antagonize the other team and draw penalties. Pretty good backchecker too, we use him on the PK. I think he's going to end up winning OA of the year. I'll be extremely surprised if he isn't in the AHL next season.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
no, Brown and McDavid still play together. It got mixed up the other night against Guelph in the third because we couldn't get anything going but it was back to normal today. The top line is Fox-McDavid-Brown. Top powerplay unit is McDavid-Fox-Burakovsky, Brown-Pelech (generally use an umbrella setup with Pelech on the point). Fox didn't get drafted in his original draft year because of off-ice issues. Last season he missed the entire first half due to a foot injury and got passed over for re-entry, which didn't surprise. Someone is going to take a shot at signing him. Yes I'd say his numbers are boosted from playing on such a great line but even so 23 goals in 23 games is pretty ridiculous. He's a very good goal scorer but he brings grit to that line. Strong kid and he gets in people faces and likes to antagonize the other team and draw penalties. Pretty good backchecker too, we use him on the PK. I think he's going to end up winning OA of the year. I'll be extremely surprised if he isn't in the AHL next season.

Might be a good project for the Marlies next year. Knock on him is his skating and Underhill seems to be doing a fantastic job in that department. We could use some scoring on the Marlies, so maybe there is a fit. Would like to see us sign the other Rupert brother, also.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
No points but Johnson played an excellent game today.

Edit: lol lead the team in hits with 3 today.

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Great start from Gauthier so far in his 2nd game of the Subway Series.

I don't think he lost a faceoff, blocked a couple shots on the PK and won a lot of board battles.

Such a work horse on the ice too. Never stops moving.

mikebel111*

I don't think he lost a faceoff, blocked a couple shots on the PK and won a lot of board battles.

Nice to hear. A player needs to have at least one thing NHL ready. For him, its his defensive game. Now hopefully the offense grows

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Nice to hear. A player needs to have at least one thing NHL ready. For him, its his defensive game. Now hopefully the offense grows

Guathier just crushed a player in the corner, forced a turnover at their blueline soon after, carried the puck wide and dished it out in front of the net but just missed the net crasher.

Great sequence.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
The player that Gauthier was most commonly compared to at the draft is PPG through 18 games right now, not so bad for a '3rd line centre'.

(Martin Hanzal)

mikebel111*

Guathier just crushed a player in the corner, forced a turnover at their blueline soon after, carried the puck wide and dished it out in front of the net but just missed the net crasher.

Great sequence.

Pretty impressive

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007

Great sequence.

Gauthier is looking really bad :/

Hmm so which is it? Guess I can go turn on the tv for myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad