13-14 Around the League III: Vanek to NYI

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Biggs*

The Ottawa Senators hockey club gave up 106 shots in 2 games, enough said.

Say what you want about the Leafs d, at least we don't give up 106 shots in 2 games....

Tyler Biggs*

Here comes 500 posts telling us Ben Scrivens is now better than Bernier. LOL The Leafs could go 81-1 and we'll keep hearing about how bad their players are.

Scrivens is ok for a fill in once in a while but he is NO Bernier.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Krusty the Clown was desperately trying to interfere with Gustavsson there.

2-1 DRW.:D

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This game perfectly illustrates how overpaid Rask is. He plays for an UBER defensive team and makes 7M. I can't believe the Bruins gave him that much money.

On most nights, he's just hanging back there making all the easy saves and padding that stat and then there are games like this where he can't make a big save at all.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Are we scoreboard watching yet? Technically, we want DRW to win because they'll have the same # of games played but 2 points less. Boston will have one game less played but 4 points less.

Penalty Kill Icing*

This game perfectly illustrates how overpaid Rask is. He plays for an UBER defensive team and makes 7M. I can't believe the Bruins gave him that much money.

On most nights, he's just hanging back there making all the easy saves and padding that stat and then there are games like this where he can't make a big save at all.

I read somewhere on twitter saying "Earlier, Thomas was one of the best goalies in the league, now Rask is. Wonder if it has to do anything with Bruins system."

Penalty Kill Icing*

Are we scoreboard watching yet? Technically, we want DRW to win because they'll have the same # of games played but 2 points less. Boston will have one game less played but 4 points less.

I hate Boston. Screw Boston. Besides, I also wish success for Gustavsson.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I read somewhere on twitter saying "Earlier, Thomas was one of the best goalies in the league, now Rask is. Wonder if it has to do anything with Bruins system."

Yeah. When you have Chara and Bergeron, you can stick any average goalie and make him look like a superstar.

It's the entire reason why the Flyers despite a string of terrible goalies made the playoffs and had success: Mike Richards and Chris Pronger.

Penalty Kill Icing*

People say nowadays that Selke is given to players nowadays who are above average defensively and rake up points.

But Datsyuk is truely amazing. So often I find him the 2nd person back along with one other defenseman. Definitely the best defensive forward around. (As useful as McClement has been for us, he doesn't come close to Datsyuk defensively).

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

Yes, yes we are. LOL

so, go Detroit!!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
People say nowadays that Selke is given to players nowadays who are above average defensively and rake up points.

But Datsyuk is truely amazing. So often I find him the 2nd person back along with one other defenseman. Definitely the best defensive forward around. (As useful as McClement has been for us, he doesn't come close to Datsyuk defensively).

Yeah, McClement is good but he's no Datsyuk defensively. Nobody is.

McClement can be compared to a guy like Bergeron defensively, they are both at the right place at the right time, block shooting lanes, always know what they are doing etc.

Datsyuk can just flat out steal the puck from your stick and create something out of nothing in a matter of seconds.

No comparable in the league.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Black looks like Ottawa Senators kind of colours to me.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
they freaking look like Petro Canada signs! :facepalm:
why couldn't they wear the ones they had in Vancouver/ (or shock - why can't they have the ones with the hockey player in the crest ala 2002) those are HORRIBLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad