• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Kings fan here; I just wanted to say Scrivens for Veznia! GAA:0 SV100%. :laugh:

Nah but really Ben has looked really good for us and I thank you for giving us him. Frattin on the other hand has been invisible, pretty much Dustin PennerV2 with speed to his game; he doesnt hit.

And so I hear Bernier is what Kings fans expected him to be and Leafs fans doubted he'd be? :sarcasm:
Hes been like that ever since he had to get his knee cleaned in the middle of last season.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I wish Scrivens went to a team that actually needed a #1. He deserves a shot and is in a complete black hole for back up goaltenders.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
but that doesn''t make sense.
like. okay yes it makes sense - but KEEPING the pick doesn't prove anything. like drafting 29 doesn't go "okay well next year we're 30, Parise!" if it were me, and i knew I had to give one up regardless - i would have said here, Gary take #29.

[and thanks for those who answered re: the pick dynamics].
I still don't think it's fair that out of ALL the teams that clearly cap circumvented, that NJD is the only one who had to pay the way they did.

Kovalchuk's circumvented contract was just too obvious.

League couldn't prove if Hossa, Keith and Luongo signed circumventing contracts because there are players that play till they are ~40 (about the time when their contracts expire).

Kovalchuk's first contract had him signed for 17 years for 102 million. He would play for 10 years making 95M and then 7 years making only 7M.

The league thought that it circumvented the deal because they didn't feel that Kovalchuk would be honouring his deal and playing in the NHL till he was 44.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

League couldn't prove if Hossa, Keith and Luongo signed circumventing contracts because there are players that play till they are ~40 (about the time when their contracts expire).

Kovalchuk's first contract had him signed for 17 years for 102 million. He would play for 10 years making 95M and then 7 years making only 7M.

The league thought that it circumvented the deal because they didn't feel that Kovalchuk would be honouring his deal and playing in the NHL till he was 44.

Oh, I see.
(and then it just makes it worse that this loser retired a few years into it).

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010

Nah but really Ben has looked really good for us and I thank you for giving us him. Frattin on the other hand has been invisible, pretty much Dustin PennerV2 with speed to his game; he doesnt hit.

And so I hear Bernier is what Kings fans expected him to be and Leafs fans doubted he'd be? :sarcasm:

Frattin is hot and cold. When he's hot, he's HOT and when he's cold, he's invisible. He can go for huge stretches of being on fire, the challenge is getting him there.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Other thread should've been stickied as it was created first.

Not complaining, just expecting things in order.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Other thread should've been stickied as it was created first.

Not complaining, just expecting things in order.

Both created at 10:48 PM. We have quick posters here :laugh:

PGT's are usually up RIGHT when the buzzer sounds...it's like a German train schedule.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton

I don't get why Calgary wasn't punished for circumventing Kipprusoff's contract. He came out at the trade deadline and said his deal was structured so that he would retire before the last year it expired where he was only going to make 1 million.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Merged. Your thread was created first so you are now OP.

but they were done at the same time...?
oh well it doesn't matter, as long as we have somewhere to talk, that's the most important thing :)

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I don't get why Calgary wasn't punished for circumventing Kipprusoff's contract. He came out at the trade deadline and said his deal was structured so that he would retire before the last year it expired where he was only going to make 1 million.

so did alfreddson.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
but they were done at the same time...?
oh well it doesn't matter, as long as we have somewhere to talk, that's the most important thing :)

You're ignoring seconds here. The Forums when merging two topics will make the person OP of whoever posted first down to the second. I don't pick the OP, the forums do.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
You're ignoring seconds here. The Forums when merging two topics will make the person OP of whoever posted first down to the second. I don't pick the OP, the forums do.

:laugh:
it's okay. really it's not that big of a deal. :) that's what i figured what happened.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
The issue of who is OP is apparently a very serious matter on HFBoards... :sarcasm:

You should see all the terrible things Daisy is saying to me via PM right now.

I'm kidding.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton

I'm not surprised about Scrivens he has showed flashes of brilliance just lacked consistency and that's fine since he's a back up. He will give the kings a chance to win every night you rest Quick.

Frattin was pretty great for us in the beginning of the year, I was actually at the game where he blocked off a defender and scored the OT winner with 1.9 seconds left it happened literally right in front of me! Frattin uses his body, is fast and can finish on scoring chances, give it time and he should come around but I do think the west is a lower scoring conference but he could still put in 20.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

Really happy for Scribbles. Wish him the best of luck in LA! Hope MattFratt can turn it around because I really like his game as well. Bernier is doing well and giving us a chance to win. Even though he let in 5 the other night, he made a huge huge save near the end of the game and the Leafs came back to tie it and win in OT.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Both created at 10:48 PM. We have quick posters here :laugh:

PGT's are usually up RIGHT when the buzzer sounds...it's like a German train schedule.

Usually, I don't bother with creating threads. Just that I prefer changing thread title on frequent basis for 'Around the league' thread as new issues appear around NHL.

On that note, I just deleted a screenshot today that I had on desktop. As it happened to be, it had 5-6 PGT threads created after a Leafs win (Some 6-3 win against Carolina).

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Usually, I don't bother with creating threads. Just that I prefer changing thread title on frequent basis for 'Around the league' thread as new issues appear around NHL.

On that note, I just deleted a screenshot today that I had on desktop. As it happened to be, it had 5-6 PGT threads created after a Leafs win (Some 6-3 win against Carolina).

If it's a big game, we'll have 10 people trying to post at the same time. Don't even bother asking about trades. We are the most active team board on HF so it's to be expected.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Another night where all the western teams beat the east. In regulation too. Good for us though. Top of the heap.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I wish Scrivens went to a team that actually needed a #1. He deserves a shot and is in a complete black hole for back up goaltenders.

I actually like the situation for him. He will never be a #1 IMO so getting to play behind a contending team will be good for him. Won't have to make 35 to 40 saves a night.

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
East is more exciting to watch and has more superstars. It's almost like fans of Western conference teams have an inferiority complex. The average Western team is probably better than the average Eastern team, that is true.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Leafs seem to be putting up the goals, but lets hope they clean up their own zone coverage quickly.

Visitor | Home | Score | Opposition Rank |Result
Colorado | Toronto | FINAL: COL (2) - TOR (1) | 1st. |Loss
Edmonton | Toronto | FINAL: EDM (5) - TOR (6) OT | 25th. |Win
Ottawa | Toronto | FINAL: OTT (4) - TOR (5) S/O | 23rd. |Win
Toronto | Montréal | FINAL: TOR (4) - MTL (3) | 12th |Win
Toronto | Philadelphia | FINAL: TOR (3) - PHI (1) | 29th. |Win
Toronto | Nashville | FINAL: TOR (4) - NSH (0) | 22nd.|Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad