GDT: [#13] ★ @ Jets - 7PM CST ‎

Skiffer55

Logan Stanley's Cup
Jun 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Not rubbing this game in (Jets have been blown out a bunch this year) just wondering if maybe Nill is forced into making that trade for a goalie after this game? Halak or Fleury? You guys were a **** ton of fun to watch last year and I want you to do well.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Not rubbing this game in (Jets have been blown out a bunch this year) just wondering if maybe Nill is forced into making that trade for a goalie after this game? Halak or Fleury? You guys were a **** ton of fun to watch last year and I want you to do well.

I didn't watch the game tonight, but what's a goalie going to do for us when we're missing half our forwards.

I know Nill thinks different, but id rather see him sell off what we can on this team this year and get ready for next year

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
i didnt see any of the game other than gifs of Laine's goals

i hope the Stars looked real bad

serp

Jan 17, 2016
post game is talking about trying to win games 2-1 but the team clearly doesnt have the goaltending for that

They can't score more than 2 maybe with some luck 3 with this forward core. They have to try to win 2-1 somehow even with the questionable goalies and defense because whos gonna score enough goals ? Seguin is the is the only reliable scorer on the team this year so far.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
They can't score more than 2 maybe with some luck 3 with this forward core. They somehow have to try to win 2-1 somehow even with the questionable goalies and defense because whos gonna score enough goals ? Seguin is the is the only reliable scorer on the team this year so far.
yeah basically they arent going to win many games right now. seguin isnt just the only scorer he is the only guy who even looks like a first or second line player

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
he apparently has some sort of injury that they arent worried about him making worse yet really affects his ability to practice and play hockey.

Well, I guess half a Benn is better than an AHLer. Hopefully he gets over it soon.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
I think it is time to start looking at next year. They need to start exploring trades for the free agents. Move oduya. Slide Jordie to his spot and bring up Honka. I know it is early but I think they are buried in the central. Even with the forwards back the goaltending and defense are not good enough

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I think it is time to start looking at next year. They need to start exploring trades for the free agents. Move oduya. Slide Jordie to his spot and bring up Honka. I know it is early but I think they are buried in the central. Even with the forwards back the goaltending and defense are not good enough

Still a lot of hockey left. Much too early to give up the year. Benn should come out of his funk, Spezza will return soon, you gotta think Hudler's mystery illness will resolve soon-ish. Klingberg can be better.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front

While their goaltending hasn't been great or even good, please tell me which one of Laine's 3 goals should Lehtonen save? First was a good deflection near the net and in 2 other occasions Dallas D left Laine wide open on the doorstep. Still Lehtonen managed to save the 1st try in the 2nd goal, but the secondary effort (in which Laine had tons of time) was impossible.

You just can't win games with a defence like that.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
When Stars defense will learn, never leave Patrik Laine wide open front of the net.
I saw those Laine's hat-trick goals and at least one ( 3-1 goal) of those goals was really sloppy play by Stars defense.
It's really easy to blame the goalies ( Lehtonen and Niemi) when defensemans are keeping a coffee-break during the game.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012

There doesn't seem to be much worth saving at this point so I doubt we'll be making a move unless it's the long term solution. While I don't think the "injuries sank us" excuse tells the real story, it is convincing enough to save everyone's job in management and coaching so I don't expect any buying-type moves.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
The Stars play a high risk system. Whether by random chance or less talent, the success rate of playing that way is coming down.....

I didn't blame Kari for most of those goals. Seemed pretty unstoppable.

Not sure they will tank on the season, but could see a move to shake up the indifference that appears to be creeping in, whatever that might be. Agree Nil will only do it if it makes long term sense.

All of this just goes to prove there are no entitlement programs in hockey. What have you done for me lately? It can change in a hurry.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
Still a lot of hockey left. Much too early to give up the year. Benn should come out of his funk, Spezza will return soon, you gotta think Hudler's mystery illness will resolve soon-ish. Klingberg can be better.

Not sure about Benn if he can't practice because of injury not sure that will change. Hudler is a strange deal. The defensemen are not gonna get better by adding forwards.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Not sure about Benn if he can't practice because of injury not sure that will change. Hudler is a strange deal. The defensemen are not gonna get better by adding forwards.

Benn is still not practicing at all? That would be concerning. But I thought I saw recently the line-up from practice and it included Benn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad