GDT: #13 – Bruins at Sabres – Sun Feb 10 – 7:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Is anyone really surprised though....? I mean the Bruins obviously hae better personnel, a better system and motivated players.

Sabres have Miller and Vanek. And Vanek was MIA tonight.

So Darcy Regier..... you are so wrong about your team just needing its players to play better. You don't have the players......

French Connection

Aug 16, 2007
Oh my. I am in the majority now and feel a change is required. If this ownership doesn't want to fire can they please trade Lindy.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
This was VHP's worst game of the year BY FAR. Not even close.

Agreed. Credit where credit is due, though. Julien made the adjustments needed to shut down our top line. Ruff wouldn't know what an adjustment was if it bit him in the ass, which it does all the time.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Agreed. Credit where credit is due, though. Julien made the adjustments needed to shut down our top line. Ruff wouldn't know what an adjustment was if it bit him in the ass, which it does all the time.

agreed

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Is anyone really surprised though....? I mean the Bruins obviously hae better personnel, a better system and motivated players.

Sabres have Miller and Vanek. And Vanek was MIA tonight.

So Darcy Regier..... you are so wrong about your team just needing its players to play better. You don't have the players......

Pretty much. His supposed 4th line stop gap (Hecht) is a shell of his former self and playing 3rd line (or better) minutes. The defense is a mess. It's evident the personnel have checked out, but Regier's already let Ruff off the hook with his comments about him staying as his coach. This is a bad team -- too young in some positions, not strong in some positions, poorly motivated, terrible fundamentals, terrible team defense concept and execution. Given Regier's history, he won't make another move until the deadline and then nothing until his limp-wristed summer efforts. This team desperately needs a shakeup. Again. Same as last year in the slump. And the head man is asleep at the wheel.

Ted. Just pull the plug on these **** bags.

Newcastlesabre

Jan 30, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Having just watched the game I can honestly say im not too downhearted after that defeat. The season is a different matter! We competed well and i thought the first period was as well as we have played this season. I thought the like of Kaleta, Ehrhoff, Sulzer and Ennis really stood up and were counted. Still far too many avoidable turnovers however, and we still arent as physical as we could/should be. If Vanek has a quiet night like last night, it's glaring to see how toothless we are up front. If we defend as well as that for the remainder of the season however, we will win plenty games.

AmerksPuck

Nov 3, 2012
Pretty much. His supposed 4th line stop gap (Hecht) is a shell of his former self and playing 3rd line (or better) minutes. The defense is a mess. It's evident the personnel have checked out, but Regier's already let Ruff off the hook with his comments about him staying as his coach. This is a bad team -- too young in some positions, not strong in some positions, poorly motivated, terrible fundamentals, terrible team defense concept and execution. Given Regier's history, he won't make another move until the deadline and then nothing until his limp-wristed summer efforts. This team desperately needs a shakeup. Again. Same as last year in the slump. And the head man is asleep at the wheel.

Ted. Just pull the plug on these **** bags.

Agreed. I see us basically skating with a 4th line (our 3rd line) and a 5th line. You simply can't have McCormick and Scott dressing on the same nights. With those 2 on the ice together, you really can't expect anything good to happen (outside of a fight). Throw in Hecht who has been awful, Kaleta a 4th liner, Gerbe maybe a 4th liner? I don't know I just don't see it working out with these guys. Not enough speed and skill.

Throw in a struggling defense and it is going to be a long year. If not for Miller last night it would have been 5,6-1. Ugly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad