12th pick

thrashers=cup05

May 27, 2004
Atlanta has the 12th pick. We need Prospect depth in scoring especially at center. I know we need defense on the big club but we cant get that with the 12th pick this year. I dont even think it has enough trade value to get a good defenseman. Who should we pick with the 12th or what dman could we package with the pick to upgrade our D.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
my guess is by time you guys pick Bryan Little will still be on the board, good chance Nigel Williams is there as well.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
boredmale said:
my guess is by time you guys pick Bryan Little will still be on the board, good chance Nigel Williams is there as well.
Agreed with Little and Williams. Sanguinetti could be worth the 12th pick IMO, although he has falled in the ranks.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
thrashers=cup05 said:
Where can i get a scouting report on those two
There are some threads that has some comparisons and scouting reports on Little, and if you go back some pages, you'll find one very good, can't remember the thread name, though.
Little has been compared to a Savard-esque player. Williams is a solid, defensive d-man, but that's all I know. Maybe HF has articles about Little and/or Williams, and there's also the ISS Top 15 for the draft, coming out every month. I think the April one is stickied.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
boredmale said:

Why does Atlanta need Williams when they have Exelby, Sutton and Coburn? Sanguinetti would be a better pick if they're going for D...might as well go for offensive since they have a bunch of hulking d-men already.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
thrashers=cup05 said:
Where can i get a scouting report on those two
well, if you have a couple bucks you can go back thru the OHL games and watch them. See how he plays. I think you can get and old game for like 4 bucks so its worth it.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
If the Thrashers really want to go with defense, they'll take Williams or Sanguinetti if either is still available; a slight reach at 12 might be Yuri Alexandrov, a bigger reach would be Brian Strait (who won't be there when the Thrashers pick in the 2nd). However, the more likely bet is to go for a forward, meaning (again, if they're there) Jiri Tlusty, Tomas Kana, or Kyle Okopso. If Little is (inexplicably) there at 12, you take him - but I think he'll be gone by the time Atlanta picks.

quebec

Apr 29, 2005
Irish Blues said:
If the Thrashers really want to go with defense, they'll take Williams or Sanguinetti if either is still available; a slight reach at 12 might be Yuri Alexandrov, a bigger reach would be Brian Strait (who won't be there when the Thrashers pick in the 2nd). However, the more likely bet is to go for a forward, meaning (again, if they're there) Jiri Tlusty, Tomas Kana, or Kyle Okopso. If Little is (inexplicably) there at 12, you take him - but I think he'll be gone by the time Atlanta picks.
You are putting to much stock in Brian Strait he should be a late 2 round or early 3 round pick.There are much better d-men in the CHL than Strait.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
quebec said:
You are putting to much stock in Brian Strait he should be a late 2 round or early 3 round pick.There are much better d-men in the CHL than Strait.

Like who?

Strait is a solid, SOLID defenseman.

You aren't giving hmi nearly enough credit. He SHOULD be a very early 2nd round pick, if not crack the first round at the bottom end.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
quebec said:
After his performance in the U18 World Championships I think he will be a solid first round pick.

quebec

Apr 29, 2005
Jon Prescription said:
Like who?

Strait is a solid, SOLID defenseman.

You aren't giving hmi nearly enough credit. He SHOULD be a very early 2nd round pick, if not crack the first round at the bottom end.
I would take the 2 Americans that play for Quebec before I took Strait(Andricopoulos&Ryan).Andricopoulos is a better skater & stick handler.Ryan is an excellent defensive defenceman and he definitly tougher than Strait.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
quebec said:
I would take the 2 Americans that play for Quebec before I took Strait(Andricopoulos&Ryan).Andricopoulos is a better skater & stick handler.Ryan is an excellent defensive defenceman and he definitly tougher than Strait.

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

You'd take the joke of a player that Andricropoulos is over Strait. Have you ever even seen Strait play? A post like this, which is just so completely unthought out and just plain uninformed just makes me cringe. :shakehead

Ryan is anice prospect, but tougher than Strait? Strait is tough as NAILS. I like Joey Ryan and would love to have him, but I'll take Strait over him any day of the week.

quebec

Apr 29, 2005
Jon Prescription said:
Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

You'd take the joke of a player that Andricropoulos is over Strait. Have you ever even seen Strait play? A post like this, which is just so completely unthought out and just plain uninformed just makes me cringe. :shakehead

Ryan is anice prospect, but tougher than Strait? Strait is tough as NAILS. I like Joey Ryan and would love to have him, but I'll take Strait over him any day of the week.
I have seen Syrait play in Mich. he is tough but i would have to say Ryan is tougher .Look at the Leagues they play in take the mask off Strait and see how tough he is has he ever gotten in a fight on the ice.We could argue forever about the pros and cons of both these players it comes down to what the team picking think.That said both players are good prospects and they both come from the same area which is good for Mass..We will keep Ryan in Quebec you can keep Strait in Mich.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Who do you expect Strait to fight? When he is playing the college teams, he can't fight. There is no fighting in that set-up.

Strait is one of the toughest d-men in the draft.

The fact that you said you would take Andricropoulos over him is indicitive of the fact that you don't know what you're talking about.

quebec

Apr 29, 2005
Jon Prescription said:
Who do you expect Strait to fight? When he is playing the college teams, he can't fight. There is no fighting in that set-up.

Strait is one of the toughest d-men in the draft.

The fact that you said you would take Andricropoulos over him is indicitive of the fact that you don't know what you're talking about.
Are you going to say Strait is a better skater than Anddricopoulos I dont think so.Are you a relative of Straits you are getting to upset. Have you seen Andricopoulas play or Ryan for that matter.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
quebec said:
Are you going to say Strait is a better skater than Anddricopoulos I dont think so.Are you a relative of Straits you are getting to upset. Have you seen Andricopoulas play or Ryan for that matter.

Andricopoulos went undrafted last years and did'nt really progress. I don't think he'll be drafted. Ryan have good playoffs but he should'nt go in the top two rounds.

quebec

Apr 29, 2005
Beatnik said:
Andricopoulos went undrafted last years and did'nt really progress. I don't think he'll be drafted. Ryan have good playoffs but he should'nt go in the top two rounds.
Andricopoulos should go late rounds 6 or 7 Ryan should go late first early to mid second round.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
quebec said:
Andricopoulos should go late rounds 6 or 7 Ryan should go late first early to mid second round.
Andricopoulos won't even get drafted. There are too many younger Defensmen in the draft that are better than him. I will agree with you on Ryan. He is a very good player and tough to play against. He will play in the NHL some day but I doubt Andricopoulos will ever make it.

thrashers=cup05

May 27, 2004
hockeyman28 said:
well, if you have a couple bucks you can go back thru the OHL games and watch them. See how he plays. I think you can get and old game for like 4 bucks so its worth it.

I'm in college that 4 bucks is for my 12 pack of natural ice beer.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
quebec said:

Who the **** cares if he's a better skater? You're picking out individual attributes that don't really have **** all to do with what I'm talking about.

All Andricropoulos can DO is skate. He can't do anything else, especially anything even remotely related to defense. He will never even make the AHL, let alone the NHL.

I've seen both Andricropoulas and Ryan play. I like Ryan a lot and wouldn't hesitate to take him with an early to mid 2nd round pick, but I just prefer Strait and think that Strait is more of a fit for the NHL. I like Ryan a lot, just not as much.

QMJHLguru

Dec 11, 2004
Halifax
James Sheppard for sure, They need a young power forward type. Cause they are never gonna get that kinda play from Alex Bourret.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad