12oz sports and Senstennial podcast 31 pick 1st round mock draft

ChabotToTrot

Jul 22, 2011
Ottawa
Reactions: OB5

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
I know there is plenty of uncertainty when it comes to what, when, and how the draft will shake out. But to tide our excited minds over, I put together a 31 pick mock draft with some breakdown!

Let me know what you guys think! Who you'd rather we picked and so on!
12oz Sports NHL Mock Draft with Nafer and Janner – 12oz Sports Network

And if you haven't checked it out, take a look at The Senstennial Podcast here: The Senstennial - The Senstennial Podcast
looks good. But do you think you could put the teams and players in bold? Hard to read

Reactions: OneTurrisGod

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I like Matts pick for SJ, Janners not so much. The sharks could really use something good out of this draft and a left handed offensive D isnt at all a need. If we take a D there I also like Wallinder more and I think he has a higher ceiling that could pay off for the sharks who are great at developing guys.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Janner’s pick: Montreal – Cole Perfetti. I feel like he will be a boom or bust pick, exactly what they love in Quebec…

That's a really odd yet specific take.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Yeah, not enough homework done here. Example:

“The D core in Calgary is aging and Poirier will bring in such a great piece that fans can get very excited about.”

Calgary has one top 6 defender over 30, and 4 of our slated top 6 next year are under 25. Hanifin, Rasmus Anderson, Valimaki, Kylington. The last thing the flames need right now is a mobile lefty defenseman.

Reactions: MasterMatt25

ChabotToTrot

Jul 22, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah, not enough homework done here. Example:

“The D core in Calgary is aging and Poirier will bring in such a great piece that fans can get very excited about.”

Calgary has one top 6 defender over 30, and 4 of our slated top 6 next year are under 25. Hanifin, Rasmus Anderson, Valimaki, Kylington. The last thing the flames need right now is a mobile lefty defenseman.

Apologies, I was looking at TJ Brodie, Mark Giordano, and Hamonic, however the latter are UFAs iirc. I had also read that Kylington has been rumoured to be available. Out of the players available, who would you have preferred?

ChabotToTrot

Jul 22, 2011
Ottawa
Stopped reading after it says Anaheim picked Anton Lundell because of their "Swedish connection" yet Lundell is Finnish...

Admittedly, I had corrected him, however it may not have made it into the final version. Sorry to hear that you stopped reading! But thanks for checking it out!

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Apologies, I was looking at TJ Brodie, Mark Giordano, and Hamonic, however the latter are UFAs iirc. I had also read that Kylington has been rumoured to be available. Out of the players available, who would you have preferred?
Fair enough- most of the fan base is currently assuming one of Brodie or Hamonic gets resigned (Brodie hopefully) then the other is let go. But that still leaves us pretty heavy in young defenders. That exact strength is why Kylington is rumored available (or to a lesser extent, Hanifin.) We have a surplus back there and a need for a strong RHS forward still.

On that note, Holloway being available was mentioned by one drafter and he would definitely be looked at (especially after flames brass passed on local boy Brayden Point...) Seth Jarvis, Rodion Amirov, Mysak, Bourque, Lapierre, or Perrault.

The middle first round of this draft is incredibly hard for me to separate... I think there will be some dramatic risers/ fallers depending on interviews and team preferences. I just think here it is obvious the flames won't be taking D this time around! Unless Drysdale, or maybe Sanderson are there.

ChabotToTrot

Jul 22, 2011
Ottawa
Fair enough- most of the fan base is currently assuming one of Brodie or Hamonic gets resigned (Brodie hopefully) then the other is let go. But that still leaves us pretty heavy in young defenders. That exact strength is why Kylington is rumored available (or to a lesser extent, Hanifin.) We have a surplus back there and a need for a strong RHS forward still.

On that note, Holloway being available was mentioned by one drafter and he would definitely be looked at (especially after flames brass passed on local boy Brayden Point...) Seth Jarvis, Rodion Amirov, Mysak, Bourque, Lapierre, or Perrault.

The middle first round of this draft is incredibly hard for me to separate... I think there will be some dramatic risers/ fallers depending on interviews and team preferences. I just think here it is obvious the flames won't be taking D this time around! Unless Drysdale, or maybe Sanderson are there.

Considering Jarvis is damn near in the back yard he'd look really awesome to them. His skill is hard to miss, but I still see him going between 15-23 in some analysts drafts. But who really knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad