Jets Media - TV, YouTube, Radio etc

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
From the comments I am seeing here, I am not alone in My disdain for the morning show on 1290 talking politics...

When they start getting up on the soap box, I just switch the station or turn the radio off...

I give it a little time, then turn them back on again and keep listening as long as they are not injecting non-sports issues...

I listen to them because I love sports and they do a great job as long as they stick to sports...

I have travelled a lot for My work driving around the countryside to see My clients... hours and hours in the truck listening to the radio across the Prairies...

And these guys are so much better than the other clowns in other cities on the Prairies...

They all piss Me off at times with some of their views, but it wouldn't be interesting if there wasn't some disagreement...

"Just stick to Sports guys" is My advice...

raw

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Well, let's just say it "became a thing" somewhere between 1567 and last Friday... ;)

I was inspired to do a bit of research and it seems there was a major swell from the Scottish Gaelic between 2012-2014. But I like your answer better.

Wow do we ever need to get hockey back so we can talk about something important for a change.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
From the comments I am seeing here, I am not alone in My disdain for the morning show on 1290 talking politics...

When they start getting up on the soap box, I just switch the station or turn the radio off...

I give it a little time, then turn them back on again and keep listening as long as they are not injecting non-sports issues...

I listen to them because I love sports and they do a great job as long as they stick to sports...

I have travelled a lot for My work driving around the countryside to see My clients... hours and hours in the truck listening to the radio across the Prairies...

And these guys are so much better than the other clowns in other cities on the Prairies...

They all piss Me off at times with some of their views, but it wouldn't be interesting if there wasn't some disagreement...

"Just stick to Sports guys" is My advice...

raw
I don't mind the politics and sports if you have a couple of intelegent and well spoken hosts or guests discussing it on either side of the issue. The problem with 1290 is that they don't have hosts that can handle the topic or get guests that can discuss it. Westwood can make some good points but Toth has no interest or ability in discussing it further so it usually disintegrates into him getting on his soap box.

Reactions: sipowicz

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
When did the phrase "become a thing" become a thing?

I'll accept that challenge.

According to the Royal Society, it dates back to a passage from a letter, dated 1783, from one Eberhard Johann Schröter in St. Petersburg, addressed to Dr. Daniel Solander, an associate of Sir Joseph Banks: "If any body could be thoroughly convinced that a prediction of winds is a thing and possible and real..."

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I don't mind the politics and sports if you have a couple of intelegent and well spoken hosts or guests discussing it on either side of the issue. The problem with 1290 is that they don't have hosts that can handle the topic or get guests that can discuss it. Westwood can make some good points but Toth has no interest or ability in discussing it further so it usually disintegrates into him getting on his soap box.

Seriously? Westwood is a sanctimonious airhead!

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
I had to be on the road for work that last few days so I thought I would tune into 1290 just to hear what they were saying about the last season and how it ended etc. Then the strangest thing happened. Toth was actually talking sense! I only tuned into the 9 o'clock hour but for the most part he made good points. That said he still didn't really get into that maybe coaching and management need to be looked at for their roll in the last two years but hey, dare to dream.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Hockey Insider comes in and unapologetically offers nothing about the Rask situation after Hustler and RR speculate for 20 minutes...

Reactions: wgpsensfan

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Any idea why Illegal Curve doesn’t take calls? Call me crazy but I think you would get some better callers considering most people are working the only time calls are taken from 9-10.

Reactions: mondo3

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
I've turned on 1290 twice the past month and both times they were talking about covid. I thought I was on cjob by mistake but nope. That station is useless to me now. Podcasts are so much better

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This morning at around 2am the CD was skipping :laugh: they were running the same 4 commercials over and over. :laugh: I guess the guy fell asleep, too funny. :laugh:

Reactions: The Blue Baron

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad