1290 Radio, Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Wheeler DJ
Wheeler's lucrative contract with Rogers is detailed in the suit. His initial five-year agreement, signed in 2012 when the station lured him over from Corus' Power 97 (CJKR-FM), earned him a starting salaryof $255,000 a year, with $5,000 annual salaryincreases and $10,000 semi-annual ratings bonuses.Sep 21, 2018

All of your big radio personalities will be making six figure plus.
Hal Anderson old DJ partner from Winnipeg is now in California making huge money living in a mansion.
Jim Toth ain't one of those :)

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Wow. I subjected myself to some of the pre-game show while driving my kids to activities tonight.

Kevin O- DeMelo is a Ben Chiarot type guy who had to work his way to the NHL the way Chiarot did with the Ice Caps and Moose.
Yes, Chiarot worked hard to get to the NHL but played exactly 0 games with the Moose.

Edmonds- DeMelo will be getting at 10% raise on his current contract.
Sure Pauly.

Turn off radio.

devin1487

Dec 27, 2006
Winnipeg
Wow. I subjected myself to some of the pre-game show while driving my kids to activities tonight.

Kevin O- DeMelo is a Ben Chiarot type guy who had to work his way to the NHL the way Chiarot did with the Ice Caps and Moose.
Yes, Chiarot worked hard to get to the NHL but played exactly 0 games with the Moose.

Turn off radio.
jesus... he misspoke?!?! Condolences

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
jesus... he misspoke?!?! Condolences

For 2 supposed sports radio professionals having a basic understanding of player history and player contracts may be a good idea to keep listeners tuned in.

Guys just making stuff up doesn’t make for entertaining radio.

Kudos to those that are entertained by sports radio guys that have not a clue of what they are talking about at times .

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I
For 2 supposed sports radio professionals having a basic understanding of player history and player contracts may be a good idea to keep listeners tuned in.

Guys just making stuff up doesn’t make for entertaining radio.

Kudos to those that are entertained by sports radio guys that have not a clue of what they are talking about at times .
Heard that too. Demelo is making 900k ........so maybe 100% increase, or so. Close enough ;)

Reactions: blues10

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Munz this morning when asked if he thinks the Jets will add another player

"Well I have heard some things that I won't disclose"

Then dropped hints while acting clever.

Then asked if he thinks Little will return to the ice:

"I've had the opportunity to talk with Bryan a few times and those conversations will stay between us"

Just say you don't know, man.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Did I just hear that correctly?

Toth just stated that Bogosian would have Winnipeg at the top of his list, once waived by the Sabers?

Reactions: Jets 31

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa

"I've had the opportunity to talk with Bryan a few times and those conversations will stay between us"

He seriously said that? What a tool.

Reactions: sipowicz

Steve1964

Nov 21, 2019

I don't like when Brian "Mr. Personality" Munz is on. He is WAY too exciting to listen to - it takes my heart hours to stop racing.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Did I just hear that correctly?

Toth just stated that Bogosian would have Winnipeg at the top of his list, once waived by the Sabers?

Toth trying to say he has Jets sources. Retweeted Dreger saying his sources tell him the Jets would love him back, that he's well-liked in the room. Who is even left in the room from Bogosian's time here? Maurice and Wheeler?

Reactions: BlakeScheifehlaine

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Toth trying to say he has Jets sources. Retweeted Dreger saying his sources tell him the Jets would love him back, that he's well-liked in the room. Who is even left in the room from Bogosian's time here? Maurice and Wheeler?

There is still a couple left from the 2014 season:

Scheif, Perreault, Lowry, Wheeler, Little

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
same sources that kept telling him Trouba is staying?

Reactions: Steve1964

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I heard this too and laughed , he knows who or what the Jets are trading and knows if Little is going to play again , ya ok . :laugh: I guess he talks to Buff everyday and knows what's going on there too . :laugh:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Yeah, he was sounding really smug today for someone who probably knows about as much we do about potential trades or Little possibly retiring.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Wheeler, Scheifele, Perreault and if we want to include him Little.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Toth's Jets sources include Mick E. Moose, Benny and the kid working the Jumbo Jets Dog cart in the basement near the Exchange lounge

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville

Totally useless interview. Totally useless five minutes of air space. Absolutely no insight. Why do they have these guys on the show again?

When I was just out of college, I landed a gig writing articles for local trade magazines. They paid me per word and not per article, which is a great way to encourage a large article with very little information. That is what I'm reminded of whenever I hear Munz, Edmonds, Beyak or Chevy.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
In defense of Toth, Munz, while dropping hints, mentioned that there were "familiar names" and "known in Winnipeg" while talking about additions. If Munz counts as a source, Bogosian is an obvious candidate.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
In defense of Toth, Munz, while dropping hints, mentioned that there were "familiar names" and "known in Winnipeg" while talking about additions. If Munz counts as a source, Bogosian is an obvious candidate.
It's so annoying to have these "journalist posers" talk like they're insiders, without ever having to back up their claims.

Reactions: Steve1964 and Neuf

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Lee Stempniak??

:popcorn:
giphy.gif

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

Is Matt Hendricks still playing? Could he get back into shape for a PO run??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->