1290 am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
There are a ton of nice american Micro Brews and I like some Sam Adam's beers, but their large scale beers are blah.

Yep. 'Murica kills it in the microbrew department. Unfortunately, "American beer" has become synonymous with their watery macros.

I'll admit to enjoying the odd MGD on a hot summer's day. Sue me. :laugh:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Yep. 'Murica kills it in the microbrew department. Unfortunately, "American beer" has become synonymous with their watery macros.

I'll admit to enjoying the odd MGD on a hot summer's day. Sue me. :laugh:

If the beer is cold, the day is hot, and someone's giving it to me free, I definitely put my beer snobbishness firmly away, and enjoy whatever they've proffered up. :nod:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If the beer is cold, the day is hot, and someone's giving it to me free, I definitely put my beer snobbishness firmly away, and enjoy whatever they've proffered up. :nod:

That's how I roll as well.

I do really like some of new brews but I was at the Chicago food show a few weeks back and the beer offerings are out of control. Everyone trying to out do the next guy and the flavor profiles are away too bold for my liking. The art of restraint is a beautiful thing.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
That's how I roll as well.

I do really like some of new brews but I was at the Chicago food show a few weeks back and the beer offerings are out of control. Everyone trying to out do the next guy and the flavor profiles are away too bold for my liking. The art of restraint is a beautiful thing.
I like some bold flavors. I like to try em all and figure out what is worth a re-buy.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Coors Banquet is actually pretty good. However, it's priced as more of a premium beer at the LC, which it shouldn't be.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I like some bold flavors. I like to try em all and figure out what is worth a re-buy.

Yea I try to avoid bold and and especially bitter which was the predominant Beer flavor profile at the Chicago food show.

jetkarma*

Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier , best beer in the world ? I think so :) especially in summer in a great wheat beer glass .

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
"I GO A LITTLE CRAZY

WHEN YOU'RE NOT AROU-OOOOND"

Holy crap, enough already!

20080619-x1hqeeyhdhi6jdr7t46phgtquu.jpg

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Joel Marcoux and Drew Mendell filling in for RR today. They're doing an excellent job with analysis on Kane and Bogo. Why aren't these guys on more often? Throw them in after RR instead of an RR repeat.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Joel Marcoux and Drew Mendell filling in for RR today. They're doing an excellent job with analysis on Kane and Bogo. Why aren't these guys on more often? Throw them in after RR instead of an RR repeat.

Yea I agree with you they are going back and forth well today. I was listening to that segment in while I was driving and came close to turning them on in the office to finish listening.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Yea I agree with you they are going back and forth well today. I was listening to that segment in while I was driving and came close to turning them on in the office to finish listening.

What was the general consensus? Both guys need to bounce back and be better next year?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
What was the general consensus? Both guys need to bounce back and be better next year?

I only caught a snapshot and it was nothing we haven't beaten to death on here but it was nice to have two guys going back and forth on hockey. I don't have time to listen to the IC boys on the weekend because I am busy being a dad but weekdays I am a free man!! :laugh: They were debating Kane's value and were lamenting Bogo and Kane's hockey IQ's kind of the usual stuff but their debate was interesting.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
From one hophead to another:

58772.jpg

If you haven't already tried it, that is. :)

I have. It's a gooder.

Also a big fan of Phillips Hoperation IPA, not sure if it's a oduble or not but it's a good beer.

#protip: pair Phillips Hoperation IPA with Red Thai Curry. It's the first time i've actually REALLY noticed a food/beer pairing that had a huge effect (and a positive one).

seasontixholder*

It's sure nice to hear Munz and JP on today. I think the RR experiment is over. I haven't heard of a lot of people that prefer him to anyone else.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
It's sure nice to hear Munz and JP on today. I think the RR experiment is over. I haven't heard of a lot of people that prefer him to anyone else.

I haven't listened in almost 2 months now - did they take over RR's spot? I like JP - some good insight, very self deprecating, and funny. He's a goofy hockey player, and he knows it and uses it to his advantage when on the air. Quite refereshing.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I haven't listened in almost 2 months now - did they take over RR's spot? I like JP - some good insight, very self deprecating, and funny. He's a goofy hockey player, and he knows it and uses it to his advantage when on the air. Quite refereshing.

RR is on holidays I believe

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
RR is on vacation.

I really like RR. Maybe it's just me, but I like his humor. And he's a great interviewer. Would suck if he ever leaves.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
RR is on vacation.

I really like RR. Maybe it's just me, but I like his humor. And he's a great interviewer. Would suck if he ever leaves.

RR is not for me. It's not that I dislike him as a guy, I just don't think he's very good at his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->