TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I wish all the 1290 guys would drop the whole "Vegas is a wiiiiiiiiiild craaaaaaaazy paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr-TEE!" town crap. Every mention of Las Vegas leads to a bunch of blather about how insane and outrageous the never-ending wild times are there - with the implication being that the 1290 guys themselves are partaking in all the zaniness cuz they too are such nutso partydudes. Something tells me things aren't actually all that wild when the IC guys or Toth go there...

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Y’know, i’m a nerd. Video games, comics, hell I even still buy rpg stuff! This esports show they run on 1290 every weekend embarrasses me! Why are these goofs all doing bad Casey Kasem impersonations? It’s a freakin pod person roundtable!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Why is Toth telling this story about a Fleury jersey on Pawn Stars as though there is anything at all interesting about it? Y’know, Westwood can be annoying and wrong, but at the very least I never feel like he’s dumb. Toth? Strikes me as a real dummy sometimes...

Reactions: broinwhyteridge

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Why is Toth telling this story about a Fleury jersey on Pawn Stars as though there is anything at all interesting about it? Y’know, Westwood can be annoying and wrong, but at the very least I never feel like he’s dumb. Toth? Strikes me as a real dummy sometimes...
And then to tell it a second time because Brandon wasn’t listening...

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
And then to tell it a second time because Brandon wasn’t listening...

Lol yeah! He tells it as though there’s something fascinating about the guy saying “well I gotta make a profit.” It’s like Jim is blown away by the blindingly obvious! :laugh:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

Of course he is, but man can he *ever* spit out the term "Bostonpizzafanline". The sheer repetition brings tears to my eyes. Masterful.

:sarcasm:

Reactions: ocdaddy

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Who are the guys on this mornings pre game show suggesting that Roslovic isn’t doing much and should be sent back to the Moose?

Edit: it’s Vigier and Kevin O

Next segment Kevin suggests he is surprised Armia is on the PP and not Roslovic. I’m not sure if he has the ability to form an opinion and stick to it.

Last edited:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Lots of barf worthy stuff on 1290 today....

Leading the way is Kevin O grandstanding on the Kane article...what a putz.

agreed. Y'know, Kane can keep playing the race card all he wants, it's BS. That's not to say racism isn't an issue in Winnipeg. But Kane's issues here and elsewhere have nothing to do with racism and everything to do with Douche-ism. He's a DBag and that's why people don't like him. There is a long long list of Black athletes who are absolutely adored in Winnipeg - from Tyrone Jones and Willard Reaves to Milt and Buff...the color of Kane's skin had nothing to do with how things went down here. So the media guys can go ahead and pretend that Kane is just "speaking his truth" all they want...it's bunk.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
f*** Toth is annoying. This convo they are having about 3 on 3 and the Jets not changing when they have the opportunity...he’s just being willfully dumb! Like he can’t understand a simple simple thing! He can’t understand that the line change can occur without buff giving up possession! Ugh...annoying.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am not a huge fan of when the Big Show ventures too far away from sports. I get that the article was written and all things considered they probably did a decent job dealing with it but I just wish Westy would stop lecturing everyone from his SJW soapbox. Must be nice to be perfect.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Lol now Toth is suggesting that there’s significance in an extra 30 minutes of flight time when making goalie decisions. :laugh:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Do like I do. Turn it off. It's good for your blood pressure. :D

Hah, my BP is excellent! Cholesterol too. Doc says I could probably eat bacon and eggs for breakfast every day for the rest of my life! Just one of those lucky folks blessed with a super efficient metabolism. :thumbu:

So bring it on Toth I can take it! :mad:

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
The BS and the Jets propaganda machine (Edmonds/Kidd) are all happy with Buff’s pinch. Even when Toth correctly explains the risk/reward which was an upside of a 3 on 2 Vs a downside of a breakaway for a Kuznetsov. They like that risk. What’s wrong with Buff backing off and Wheeler with the back pressure?

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Ok, Ru-Town and Westwood are now against the pinch, probably because Toth liked it.

LOL, Toth is going full on troll now. First he liked the Buff pinch because he says you have to go for it in OT. But he wants Little out there over Ehlers because he’s their “best defensive center”.

They can’t be serious most of the time to “create” conflict. Pretty funny though.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
no, troy and brandon always had an issue with the pinch. They both get that 3 on 3 is a patience game. Hold the puck and look for a great opportunity, don't just run around taking every shot you get. They also both think Buff shouldn't even have been on the ice at that point since he was gassed and should have been on the bench. Toth otoh is a moron and doesn't understand anything. He's not even close to smart enough to "create" conflict. He honestly means the dumb shit he says.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
no, troy and brandon always had an issue with the pinch. They both get that 3 on 3 is a patience game. Hold the puck and look for a great opportunity, don't just run around taking every shot you get. They also both think Buff shouldn't even have been on the ice at that point since he was gassed and should have been on the bench. Toth otoh is a moron and doesn't understand anything. He's not even close to smart enough to "create" conflict. He honestly means the dumb **** he says.
At the beginning of the call in period they Westwood and Ru-Town started with blaming Wheeler for not hustling back when Buff pinched. Then when they came back from break they flipped to 100% blame on Buff.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Hah, my BP is excellent! Cholesterol too. Doc says I could probably eat bacon and eggs for breakfast every day for the rest of my life! Just one of those lucky folks blessed with a super efficient metabolism. :thumbu:

So bring it on Toth I can take it! :mad:

:laugh: But why?
Just to prove your good BP? :laugh:
Why keep doing this to yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->