Prospect Info: 127 Lucas Elvenes

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
OMG... it's not until the 5th forward Vegas drafted to FINALLY get a forward with speed. The four that went before him were not described as fast and were downright described as needing work on their skating. :shakehead

EDIT: I just noticed Røndbjerg went in the 2nd round, so Elvenes is the 2nd speedy forward out of 6 drafted. Plus the speedy defenseman in the first round and I ain't as concerned by the lack of footspeed that I was initially.

But still: Hockey sense, work ethic and responsible play seems to be a franchise priority, and that may mean a bunch of career third liners and maybe second liners from this draft. Base hits over home runs? It seems so.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Can anyone give me an update on how elvenes has been doing?

Co-leading the AHL with 21 points (5g 16a) in 16 games as a rookie. Most of his assists are primary assists and most points are 5v5. He looks amazing offensively.

I'm not noticing any talk of selfish play, I'm not sure how his defense has been but he's a +1.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It's not just that he's off to a hot start as a rookie, he's carrying the team as a rookie.

(a team full of maybe one or two too many rookies - but that's a discussion for another time).

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
If this was a Leafs prospect.. he would be talked about a lot more. Any chance he gets to play in NHL this season?

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
If this was a Leafs prospect.. he would be talked about a lot more. Any chance he gets to play in NHL this season?

If at all and if Wolves are out of playoffs, maybe a couple games at the end of the season just to get a look....Of course, if there are a couple injuries, who knows what could happen... I liked him a lot in preseason, haven't had a chance to watch his AHL play.

Reactions: ZEBROA

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Bizarre to me how he never got a game with VGK despite all the open spots they have had over this year. He felt like a good candidate for the 3rd line in a year's time but so much for marinating talent in the AHL.

Reactions: Morrison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad