Prospect Info: #121OA - Hurricanes Select RW Tuukka Tieksola

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Tuukka seems to finally putting it together at Liiga level. He had surgery on both of his hips last summer and it took a bit of a time to recover.

His physical game and skating looks a lot better than before. Good numbers in juniors but he has always looked out of place at pro level until now.

3+1 in the last five games, all of the goals have been really nice too.

He was promoted to first line RW and 1st PP unit recently.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Tuukka seems to finally putting it together at Liiga level. He had surgery on both of his hips last summer and it took a bit of a time to recover.

His physical game and skating looks a lot better than before. Good numbers in juniors but he has always looked out of place at pro level until now.

3+1 in the last five games, all of the goals have been really nice too.

He was promoted to first line RW and 1st PP unit recently.

First 2 goals look almost identical, 3rd had the same cut-across from the left deke maneuver, but he finished from the other side

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I don’t think he’ll be towards the bottom of the Canes prospect list for Wheeler next year. He is producing in the big league now. Maybe 9-12? I hope we extend an offer this season.
Chicago is going to be full again next season.

Reactions: DaveG

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
And TTs are best in pairs

Challenging convention:

Jasmin-tridevil.jpg

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I don’t think he’ll be towards the bottom of the Canes prospect list for Wheeler next year. He is producing in the big league now. Maybe 9-12? I hope we extend an offer this season.
Chicago is going to be full again next season.

They probably are going to take the long road with all of their Euros. I mainly see next season being all about Bokk/Suzuki/Drury/Rees/Sellgren/Keane/Laffer for Chicago. Hopefully Blake Murray squeezes in, as well.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
They probably are going to take the long road with all of their Euros. I mainly see next season being all about Bokk/Suzuki/Drury/Rees/Sellgren/Keane/Laffer for Chicago. Hopefully Blake Murray squeezes in, as well.
since we didnt have a prospect camp, I would like to get a couple of them into Chicago on a PTO. I can see Puistola needing the long route as he hasnt been strong in Liiga play. Tieksola has really taken the opportunity to show what is capable of. Assat isnt JYP bad but they are still in the bottom third of the league too.

A chicago roster of Bokk, Suzuki, Drury, Rees, Cotton, Tieksola, Murray, Mattheos, and 4 older prospects / AHL vets on offense
Sellgren, Honka, Keane, and 3 older prospects / AHL vets

That is pretty good with skaters. Assuming we have an extra a both leaves the possibility of adding another prospect or older player to each. I dont think it is too wild to consider adding Tieksola to the mix next season. Now if the CHL rule changes and we add Jarvis then, Tieksola could be the one left out.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He looked good in his quick stint in Liiga.

Needs to add some weight. Could add another dynamic Finnish playmaker for us. Although unlikely he would be a good addition to Chicago next season
You could add this guy and Bokk together and they'd still be skinner than one Peter Forsberg leg. I can just see Rod's face the first day in the gym with these two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad