GDT: [#12] Stars @ Canucks

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
cut.jpeg

https://www.nhl.com/stars/news/dall...-out-tonight-at-vancouver-canucks/c-292437482

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
This is a one line team. One scoring line and three checking lines who bring no offense.

Five on five reviews:
Ritchie blows and is too slow.
Spezza is a shadow of his now deceased awesome self.
Roussel’s offensive game is gone.
Shore is a guy.
Elie is a fast guy with no hands.
Smith is a dude.
Hanzal sucks.
Faksa has no offense in his game.
Janmark is a nice story who isn’t doing much.
Pitlick looks like he should have more points than he does.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I really don't get why Oleksiak keeps getting dressed. He's #6 with no time on PP or PK and is still visible with his mistakes.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Not getting anything out of Spezza/ whatever the second line is is becoming a massive problem.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Nice win, but I'm sorta glad I never watched... for reasons you guys gave. No Honka and the pathetic but true and exhaustive list of players doing zilch as Troy pointed out. I never liked Spezza at all as a Sen but felt forced to like the guy since he's a Star. Hopefully he can find some sort of chemistry with one of the middle sixers at some point.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Loving Rads and Bishop more and more every game

Exciting game, but we looked very sloppy and could not stop falling down lol. Van put some quick pressure on us, and we were able to hang in there ( mostly Bish)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The one forward that pisses me off the most is Ritchie. He just contributes absolutely nothing when he's not scoring goals. He's neither fast , smart or a good passer and pretty poor defensively as well. Everyone else at least gets scoring chances even if they can't burry them but Ritchie doesn't even get in the positions for scoring chances.

I mean he only has 15 shots through 12 games thats pathetic for a supposed scoring winger. I mean even on the PP he's been completely invisible. Its basically Spezza , Lindell and a couple of bodies that barely do anything on the second unit.

Last edited:

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
Glad we have Rads and Bishop. I've been a big critic of Brett Ritchie and he's done nothing this year to dissuade that. He moves like Betty White out there, so damn slow.

Reactions: serp

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Yeah I'd be fine with moving on from Ritchie. Always wanted to see him become something, but I just don't see it

I'd rather see Dickinson

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Reminds me of all the times the Stars have rewarded me for staying up late.

This team is certainly a work in progress. I have to wonder if Hitch has scared some of them into thinking too much. Too early to bail on most of them.

Think Spezza has degraded, but with more minutes and better line mates could produce the 16 goals or whatever he got last year. Ruff was his perfect fit coach, all O and no D. (Speaking of Ruff, saw the fist AV out and Ruff in as NYR coach yesterday.

But, agree on Jamie O, never thought he had the toolbox to stick.

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
Only saw some of the second and the third. Bishop stole that game for us last season Stars would have just crumbled after that powerplay goal, was waiting for it to happen but they hung on.

Oleksiak was terrible his skating isn't good enough to stick in the nhl.

Radulov is amazing works so hard in every puck battle,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->