12 games in, what's your guess about where we'll end up

• Thread starter BiggestLeafsFanEVER*
  • Start date

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
If the Team wants to make the playoffs and go deep I believe they are very capable of doing just that. BUT...The work ethic may or may not be there. The games they have lost were lost because they just didn't show up. When they put forth the effort and play... they win.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Playoffs are a whole different animal, hoping we make it to the 2nd round at least.

Kibago

Aug 15, 2010
We can win a playoff series against anyone if the goaltending battle goes our way = we're in that glut of teams, and we probably were last year as well.

The nice thing is that we're becoming a team where we'll be EXPECTED to win a playoff series against many teams unless things go very wrong. would anyone take the Habs, Sens, or Bolts over us in a round 1 matchup based on what they've seen so far? We'd be the favorite against any Metro team that's not the Penguins as well (and we seem to look good against them anyway.)

The problem is that Detroit and Boston are both in our division and we might end up having to go through both of them! the #2 seed in this division is no prize - you might be better off finishing 5th and grabbing the Metro crossover.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I think Boston and Detroit finish 1-2 in our division and we either finish 3rd or take a wildcard spot. Personally I'd almost prefer we win a wildcard and cross over into the metro.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Too deep not to make the playoffs. Where we'll end up will be based on our first round opponent.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
I think were a playoff lock and I'm hoping/kinfa expecting we can make it to the 2nd/3rd round.

Our goaltending, top end scoring, special teams and wealth of depth scoring gives me high hopes.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
I truly believe we are the best team in the east when we're healthy... our depth makes us better then the Pens and we're the younger version of boston with slightly more skill, slightly less grit. I'm saying theres a serious chance we make the final 4. That being said........... so many things can go wrong.

Woah there guy were missing two extremely key elements that BOS has.

1. a Selke #1C.

2. Norris D man.

I get all the hype but you might want to tone it down a bit.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I said we'd be challenging for top spot in the conference before the season started, and nothing has happened to change my mind.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Injuries would be the only thing that would make the Leafs a bubble team I think.

A long term injury to: Kessel, JVR, Lupul, Phaneuf, Bolland/Jmac, either goalie would be awful

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
I think it makes more sense doing a poll on where the leafs will be seeded rather than how far they'll go.
If they make the playoffs, the teams that they match up against will play an enormous role in how far they go

The Wall

Mar 28, 2013
Adding Clarkson adds so much toughness and grit to our game. I think we gotta make a trade for a big time shut down D man and we'll be set.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Most people want to avoid Boston... WHY? I can't even imagine how pumped our roster would be at a rematch and a shot at sweet redemption... If we face Boston in the first round, it's honestly best case scenario in my opinion, if we beat them our roster would ride an amazing emotional high right to the cup finals.. I've watched hockey for a long time and that's just how it works folks, those kind of series wins is what gives the momentum for a cup run.

Mar 26, 2010
I really hope we make the playoffs, and Reim's/Bernier get hot and win it all!

Realistically, this team could miss the playoffs.

Mapleleafs Fan*

I was wondering about this since a long time now. How can I submit my vote?

Espher

Nov 22, 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
I have the same opinion of the team as I did in September.

We're a playoff bubble team with our successes hinging largely on our young unproven goaltending.

If our young goaltending is inconsistent, we'll barely miss the playoffs.
If our young goaltending is decent, we'll barely make the playoffs.

If our goaltending continues to stand on it's head, puts up ridiculous stats, and steal plenty of games... well... we could be as strong as having an 8-4 type record (twice as many wins as losses) the rest of the season.

We may win a series or two in the playoffs if the stars align... but I don't think it's very likely.
Still one of the youngest teams in the league. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Essentially, we're just like four of the other five teams in contention in our division, except our goaltending is a season or two 'less proven'.

It's a crapshoot in the East atm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->