12 games in, what's your guess about where we'll end up

• Thread starter BiggestLeafsFanEVER*
  • Start date

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

no point starting this on the polls board because it would just attract the haters.

but as of today if you had to guess how we will end up this season, what would you say?

obviously it's a hard question b/c it's early and there are different potential scenarios based on playoff match ups.

but just throw out your best guess (and you can use your imagination with playoff match ups).

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

You can never truly know without knowing what teams we face, but I think after last year and because of our play this year we will make the playoffs. I think we will learn from last year and win in the first round no matter who we face. Then I think we will lose in the second round because I am not filled with confidence about our defense.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You can never truly know without knowing what teams we face, but I think after last year and because of our play this year we will make the playoffs. I think we will learn from last year and win in the first round no matter who we face. Then I think we will lose in the second round because I am not filled with confidence about our defense.

aren't you positive

TML 13

Oct 19, 2013

I too believe this team will definitely win a round. I think a 2nd round appearance is a reasonable expectation

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

aren't you positive

yes i am getting close again. last time around i was a bit too positive and had to take a few days to feel back to my old self again. this time around i will contain myself more in my predictions.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
I predicted 2nd in the Atlantic at the beginning of the season. I still think that. Playoffs, I'm hoping to see round 2.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Voted the last option.

Why? Because Obama said We Can. :naughty:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
As long as you stay away from Boston - who I think might fool you twice - you should do fairly well. I voted you going out in the second round - but then I thought I might have been too hasty. Looking at you guys and your conference I don't know what teams will beat you in a 7 game series.

Boston would (sorry!).

...after that, I'm not sure. I think you're tenacious enough you'd hang on against most teams. The dominant team in the conference is the Pens...but you're usually pretty good against them (not just b/c of tonight - but in the past).

Honestly, what teams do you guys think would be able to take you out over 7 games?

Boston - likely
Pens - questionable
Montreal - probably not
Ottawa - probably not
Detroit - yeah, i think they would over 7 games (they get zero calls against them)
Tampa - ???? didn't think they'd do so well this far
The balance of Metro, IDK.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
As long as you stay away from Boston - who I think might fool you twice - you should do fairly well. I voted you going out in the second round - but then I thought I might have been too hasty. Looking at you guys and your conference I don't know what teams will beat you in a 7 game series.

Boston would (sorry!).

...after that, I'm not sure. I think you're tenacious enough you'd hang on against most teams. The dominant team in the conference is the Pens...but you're usually pretty good against them (not just b/c of tonight - but in the past).

Honestly, what teams do you guys think would be able to take you out over 7 games?

Boston - likely
Pens - questionable
Montreal - probably not
Ottawa - probably not
Detroit - yeah, i think they would over 7 games (they get zero calls against them)

Not sure I agree last years Leafs team came as close as you can come to putting Boston away and then they added Clarkson, Bolland, Bernier and Raymond while sacrificing very little to do it all guys who have at least been to a final and Bolland, Bernier have cups.

I think Boston would be the favorite but the gap has closed A LOT

wulfio*

Detroit is very capable of making noise in the playoffs. They are well coached and boast 2 elite 2 way centers.

The red wings do not get enough credit from uneducated hockey fans.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I truly believe we are the best team in the east when we're healthy... our depth makes us better then the Pens and we're the younger version of boston with slightly more skill, slightly less grit. I'm saying theres a serious chance we make the final 4. That being said........... so many things can go wrong.

Disgruntled Observer*

I have the same opinion of the team as I did in September.

We're a playoff bubble team with our successes hinging largely on our young unproven goaltending.

If our young goaltending is inconsistent, we'll barely miss the playoffs.
If our young goaltending is decent, we'll barely make the playoffs.

If our goaltending continues to stand on it's head, puts up ridiculous stats, and steal plenty of games... well... we could be as strong as having an 8-4 type record (twice as many wins as losses) the rest of the season.

We may win a series or two in the playoffs if the stars align... but I don't think it's very likely.
Still one of the youngest teams in the league. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
would be shocked to see this team miss the playoffs.

as far as a top contender, I'd say our conference is actually weaker than it was in the past, I still see boston as a heavy-weight team, but not what they were say a year or two ago. We're also a good matchup for Pitty.

those two teams might be slightly above us playoff team wise, but we're definitely at least on par with any other team

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

Boston would (sorry!).

Boston - likely
Pens - questionable
Montreal - probably not
Ottawa - probably not

Cant play Pens until round 3.

OtHer than that, only Bruins worry me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad