GDT: [#12] Anaheim Ducks @ Dallas Stars, 7:30PM CT (FS-SW)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Is anyone else as bad as us at getting empty netters?

Ruff gave the team the greenlight to just fire away. Montgomery from what Shapiro said doesn't want the team to do anything different be it 5on5 or 5on6 . To me its dumb but thats aparently the way Monty wants it.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
3 wins is great but they’ve been against bad opponents mostly. We still have a lot of catching up to do.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't think Gurianov gets moved up just yet because the whole line was really good together.

The problem is that all the combinations of Janmark , Seguin , Rads , Faksa , Dickinson and Pavs kind of sucked. Janmark and Faksa together seem alright they generated some scoring chances tonight but the rest ? Not looking that good.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Now I hope Monty's gonna swap Gury and Dicky.

And Seguin should not play with Pavelski. They are two sniper and Pavelski looks better than Radulov on that 3rd line.

Radulov is lost in a defensive line..

Problem is that 4th line has been effective. Monty won't sacrifice what is working until it just doesn't work anymore

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
3 wins is great but they’ve been against bad opponents mostly. We still have a lot of catching up to do.

The way I see it is, when we hit the losing skid majority of the team were struggling, now that they’re winning everyone is starting to look like the players we expect (Klingberg and Benn to name a few)

Saturday will be a good test

Reactions: Brass Bonanza

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I don't think Gurianov gets moved up just yet because the whole line was really together.

The problem is that all the combinations of Janmark , Seguin , Rads , Faksa , Dickinson and Pavs kind of sucked. Janmark and Faksa together seem alright they generated some scoring chances tonight but the rest ? Not looking that good.

I like the Janmark-Faksa-Pavelski line honestly. Problem is Dickinson-Seguin-Radulov. They're okay I suppose but just by far the least noticeable line out there and rarely generate anything.

I just don't know how effective that 4th line would be though without Gurianov. His speed is what drives them into the offensive zone and generates their chances. If Dickinson was on that line would they spent the entire shift in their own end?

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I vote keep that fourth line together and keep most of the lines together. Radulov should be with Seguin though. Dicky needs to make more of this chance on the Seguin line he’s been invisible.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

That is absolutely ridiculous, Monty needs to figure out how to coach. He's going to wear the kid down is he keeps doing shit like that. His whole plan can't be "f*** i don't know what to do... Miro get out there"
The last thing this team needs is its best player getting injured for an extended period of time because he drove him into the ground.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That is absolutely ridiculous, Monty needs to figure out how to coach. He's going to wear the kid down is he keeps doing **** like that. His whole plan can't be "**** i don't know what to do... Miro get out there"
The last thing this team needs is its best player getting injured for an extended period of time because he drove him into the ground.

There's only 3 defenseman trustworthy enough to play end of game situations defensively and Klingberg is not one of those. Someone has to play a ton . If Polak was healthy it would be 4 but he isn't. Also the team is on an extended homestand with breakes between every game so this isn't that bad.

Reactions: MilesNewton

serp

Jan 17, 2016
ALso when someone like today Gurianov is going so well he should be double shifted on lines that aren't working for someone else. Monty does it for the highly paid guys but rarely for the guys on lower lines. The minutes for forwards to me make little sense . Especially not with how bad two of the lines played.

Another wierd anecdote. I think after Heiskanen , who can play anything , the defenseman who works best with the offensive system the team is trying to play is Taylor Fedun somehow. He has the best shot from the point for forwards to deflect. Still doesn't look all that good defensively but its gotten better .

Reactions: Kcb12345

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Pavelski needs to start doing anything
I'd like to see him tried at centre playing with someone who can funnel him pucks like Rads (good Rads that is...), but you can't really take Hintz's spot away.

Maybe Seguin - Pavelski - Rads. Seguin could still play the defensive role on the line if that could work.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Dickinson in the top6 since coming back also has not done anything and hasn't really been very good either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad