GDT: 12/8 nj devils lol whatever

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Maniscalco also said that we didn't need a high draft pick in '10 because we had Boychuk and Sutter.

He is the most selfish of the anti-tank crowd. The type of person whose happiness depends on whether or not the Hurricanes go on a four-game winning streak against back-up goalies in March, and thus it doesn't matter if we sacrifice the future to do so. The "warnings" that a high draft pick might bust and thus we need to stay the course to the 7th overall pick are always comical.

Last edited:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Depends on what you qualify as a bust. I mean in theory either of them could have injuries that derail their careers.

Yeah, the only way they "bust" is if they run into injury-trouble. They both have the skills to play in the NHL, so the odds they "bust" by simply not being able to keep up with the league is slim.

zO3WrhP.png

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Only having 5 seasons definitely helped the Taxi crew. 11 seasons, stretching into the early 90's took up a lot of the prime hollywood years of the Cheers crowd.

It's also tough to judge Danson and Grammar because they were so good and reliable on TV for so long as leads. Is Frasier (11 seasons. endless Emmy's) a bigger role than Doc Brown in Back to the Future? Or a lead in My Favorite Martian?

If I'm ranking the top guys:

1) Devito
2) Harrelson
3) Grammer
4) Danson
5) Lloyd
6) Danza

It's definitely close. And definitely more interesting than the Canes.

I agree it's close, and all that all make sense (re: Cheers cast on TV), but I'll offer a couple of additional points in favor of Taxi. You are leaving out Andy Kaufmann, who died only a year after he left Taxi. Even though he was "out there", he was very talented and would have had a much bigger career had he not died of lung cancer. And while not in the "star" category as some of the others, Judd Hirsch has had a hugely long and successful career, more-so than guys like Norm, Cliff, and even Carla. Heck, even Jeff Conway has had more success than Norm and Cliff.

Grammer also basically played 1 character for his entire career. Granted, he did that VERY well and was very successful at doing it.

I'd still give the edge to Taxi, but it is close.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Is there any forward in the league worse than Riley Nash at getting a puck out of the defensive zone? I know everyone was all up on his nuts in the first bit of the season, but man he is terrible in his own end.

So does Skinner just spray paint the bottom of his APX2 stick? And if so, why in the **** does he do that? Can someone tweetmail that to Chantel or whoever the hell is charge of that stupid ********.

They've said he spraypaints up to around the hosel, not sure about the bottom.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I agree it's close, and all that all make sense (re: Cheers cast on TV), but I'll offer a couple of additional points in favor of Taxi. You are leaving out Andy Kaufmann, who died only a year after he left Taxi. Even though he was "out there", he was very talented and would have had a much bigger career had he not died of lung cancer. And while not in the "star" category as some of the others, Judd Hirsch has had a hugely long and successful career, more-so than guys like Norm, Cliff, and even Carla. Heck, even Jeff Conway has had more success than Norm and Cliff.

Grammer also basically played 1 character for his entire career. Granted, he did that VERY well and was very successful at doing it.

I'd still give the edge to Taxi, but it is close.

Grammer is Sideshow Bob though.

Kaufman was the funniest person of anyone in either show, albeit in a deranged way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad